Awoo.

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U/3DS - Settle It In Smash!

Nintendoga

You sir are a genus. 

By the way, that Purin "leak" was from SmashBoard 

Speaking of SmashBoard leaks:

If I had to make a "prediction" about the roster, it would be this. You might want to check my "predictions" on January 30.

Mario

Donkey Kong

Link

Samus

Kirby

Pit

Pikachu

Marth

Little Mac

Sonic

Luigi

Diddy & Dixie

Princess Zelda/Sheik

Ridley

Meta Knight

Palutena

Pokemon Master

Chrom

R.O.B.

Mega Man

Princess Peach

Yoshi

Toon Link

Fox

King Dedede

Hades

Pokemon Trainer

Ness

Mr. Game & Watch

Pac Man

Rosalina & Luma

Wario

Toon Zelda/Tetra

Wolf

Villager

Takamaru

Jigglypuff

Lucas

Wii Fit Trainer

Bowser

Waluigi

Ganondorf

Captain Falcon

Ice Climbers

Olimar & Pikmin

Mewtwo

Shulk

Mii

I "predict" a total of 18 newcomers.

Again, this is only a bold "prediction" and I'm not "claiming" to have any inside information. But once again, you might want to check this roster again on January 30. If you guys have any questions about any other information I "predict" about the game, I'll be happy to answer.

So yeah.

Link: http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/633202-super-smash-bros-for-wii-u/68422116

No offense, but this list sounds like every other wish list rumor that's been created. What reason is there that you're so confident about this list? Without any hints or indication, it's hard to take this seriously.

Besides is there even anything special about Jan 30?

No offense, but this list sounds like every other wish list rumor that's been created. What reason is there that you're so confident about this list? Without any hints or indication, it's hard to take this seriously.

Most likely canidate for the next Nintendo Direct, and there is a possibility of a reveal in that, but thats about it

And seriously, why do none of these lists even consider their being a rep from a primarily portable series like Golden sun, or Advance wars?!

I'm not confindent about this list at all. (i.e. Pokemon Master, what?) 

I just thought it would be an interesting thing to post about here. But who knows? Maybe it is real, we'll just have to wait untill the 30th.

Also, January 30th was the day Ice Climbers was released in Japan.

Honestly I'm expecting both Isaac and Little Mac. NO ONE is predicting Isaac at all. I'd be incredibly surprised if Isaac doesn't make the roster, sorry.

EDIT: I'd be surprised if Advance Wars doesn't get a rep, either. On that note, I DO NOT think BOTH Palutena AND Hades will get in. Palutena, perhaps, but TWO new reps from Kid Icarus? No, sorry, I just don't believe it.

• Thumbs Up 1

Most likely canidate for the next Nintendo Direct, and there is a possibility of a reveal in that, but thats about it

And seriously, why do none of these lists even consider their being a rep from a primarily portable series like Golden sun, or Advance wars?!

I think I understand why you think that, but just in case, let me ask: what makes you think the next Nintendo Direct will be on that day?

Honestly I'm expecting both Isaac and Little Mac. NO ONE is predicting Isaac at all. I'd be incredibly surprised if Isaac doesn't make the roster, sorry.

Yeah I second that one, I would love Issac, and I think he is a shoein as a strong handheld rep

I think I understand why you think that, but just in case, let me ask: what makes you think the next Nintendo Direct will be on that day?

75% of the time full directs are thursdays, with the exception of special directs, and this is the first direct of the year, so it needs to be a heavy hitter, and its definately going to be this week, and thursday is most likely

Yeah I second that one, I would love Issac, and I think he is a shoein as a strong handheld rep

75% of the time full directs are thursdays, with the exception of special directs, and this is the first direct of the year, so it needs to be a heavy hitter, and its definately going to be this week, and thursday is most likely

Oh, okay then.

EDIT: I'd be surprised if Advance Wars doesn't get a rep, either. On that note, I DO NOT think BOTH Palutena AND Hades will get in. Palutena, perhaps, but TWO new reps from Kid Icarus? No, sorry, I just don't believe it.

I feel the same way, actually. I mean, I don't see why Issac shouldn't be in this game as a PC, and to be honest, I think he would be a very cool addition to the roster.

I'm anticipating that several Assist Trophies from the prior game will be playable. Isaac and Little Mac I think are shoe-ins, and Saki looks like an interesting addition, too. Lyn would make a great third FE rep if they replace Ike with Chrom.

I had heard someone else mention that Palutena was an Assist Trophy in Brawl. I think it was Game Explain. Based on what I'm seeing... that's completely and totally false, Palutena wasn't an Assist Trophy. Didn't she appear during Pit's Final Smash? She also appeared in SSE, too, of course.

Yeah, palutena was never an assist (though I wouldn't be surprised if they originally planned her to be) and I would personally rather see either Ray 01 and Saki to get in over issac and mac (though admittedly I would be pretty happy if they got in too) but I have to ask, how come so many people are so sure issac is going to get in.

Lets take out Sonics Spin Dash while we are at it

and Marios Fire Ball

and King Dedede's Hammer

heck, take out Mega Man's Arm Cannon, why not.

(the Answer is no, like BL said its her Signature Move, so why remove the thing she is best known for?)

I meant like change her singing move with a different move input like side B, and make it more useful.

My mistake.

Edit: idea. For her side b, if it was her singing move she sings and it makes them sleep and when she hits the last note it knocks them out. Just a thought

Speaking of SmashBoard leaks:

Hm. Not that anyone should be taking this list seriously, but I noticed if you put it into a grid 10 spaces wide (and fudge it just a little bit at the end), then related characters tend to be grouped into columns:

YmQt1F9.png

Again, I'm not saying anyone should trust this rumor, and this isn't any kind of proof that it's true. I just think it's a nice touch.

I'm anticipating that several Assist Trophies from the prior game will be playable. Isaac and Little Mac I think are shoe-ins, and Saki looks like an interesting addition, too. Lyn would make a great third FE rep if they replace Ike with Chrom.

I had heard someone else mention that Palutena was an Assist Trophy in Brawl. I think it was Game Explain. Based on what I'm seeing... that's completely and totally false, Palutena wasn't an Assist Trophy. Didn't she appear during Pit's Final Smash? She also appeared in SSE, too, of course.

Yeah, palutena was never an assist (though I wouldn't be surprised if they originally planned her to be) and I would personally rather see either Ray 01 and Saki to get in over issac and mac (though admittedly I would be pretty happy if they got in too) but I have to ask, how come so many people are so sure issac is going to get in.

Admitedly I agree Assist trophys are likely canidate for some future fighters, as many from brawl were considered but didnt have enough time to finish

And once again, I think Ray would make an awesome and unique playable character! it would be awesome if a couple of them are promoted

Because he was an Assist Trophy in Brawl, the Golden Sun games are great, and Isaac would be an AMAZING playable character in the roster. He has so much potential due to his powers which would make him an excellent Mage Knight (technically he's not a knight, but he's a combination of physical fighter and mage so he still fits the trope), not something you see very often in Smash Bros. (That's also why I advocate for the Avatar over Chrom, though I can't imagine Chrom not getting in.)

EDIT: Who's this "Ray" character?

EDIT 2: I do NOT want Toon Zelda, either. Toon Link is bad enough. Instead of Toon Zelda, add Impa!

Because he was an Assist Trophy in Brawl, the Golden Sun games are great, and Isaac would be an AMAZING playable character in the roster. He has so much potential due to his powers which would make him an excellent Mage Knight (technically he's not a knight, but he's a combination of physical fighter and mage so he still fits the trope), not something you see very often in Smash Bros. (That's also why I advocate for the Avatar over Chrom, though I can't imagine Chrom not getting in.)

EDIT: Who's this "Ray" character?

EDIT 2: I do NOT want Toon Zelda, either. Toon Link is bad enough. Instead of Toon Zelda, add Impa!

Ray is from custom robo, and is the main robot generaly

Ray01.jpg

He would have to be scaled up like Olimar(is usualy pretty small), but could have a pretty cool moveset

He had an assit trophy

I looked into that topic and he noted that Sonic's stage on 3DS would be

Frozen Factory Zone.

If that's true, I'm going to be... quite disappointed. There is already a wealth of handheld Sonic games worthy of stage representation in Smash.

Custom Robo is something I keep hearing as well. I'd say Custom Robo has a great chance of getting in, too. I can imagine them adding about 5-6 new franchises with one character each as promotions of those franchises. Isaac would also be a great promotion if they decide to re-release the original Golden Sun games as downloadables for 3DS and/or Wii U, and Little Mac recently got a Punch Out remake for Wii U (which I totally missed).

As for Sheik... Honestly, I know people like Sheik and at all, but I find it pointless. Sheik was a signature of Ocarina of Time. Personally I'd like a slight revamp to Zelda's moveset, give her a slightly faster-paced moveset like Sheik and merge some of Sheik's abilities with Zelda. Then just make Sheik an alternate costume of Zelda instead (like Male WFT and Wario's traditional outfit). Then give Impa a fully refined moveset. Even if they don't remove Sheik (which they probably won't) they can STILL give Impa a great, original moveset and have Sheik at the same time.

I still would be up for seeing Tetra( not toon Zelda) make it as a playable. Her pirate origins alone could make for a interesting set of moves. Plus, I just found her to be one of my favorite female Zelda characters. If not playable, I wouldn't mind her as a AT.

Toon Zelda IS Tetra. Based on what I recall about the theories of "Toon Zelda/Sheik," Tetra "replaces" Sheik in that form. Personally I'd like to see a more realistic redesign of Tetra just for the heck of it. Maybe they can make "Tetra" and alternate costume of Zelda in Hyrule Warriors. I dunno, it'd be cool.

I know Toon Zelda is Tetra. I mean from a gameplay perspective her having no moves that derive from her Zelda side. I'll take pirate butt kicking Tetra over really any other Zelda character.

but I have to ask, how come so many people are so sure issac is going to get in.

Beats me. I completely forget that Golden Sun exists for months at a time.

Beats me. I completely forget that Golden Sun exists for months at a time.

Actualy,, a Looooot of people overlook him, however he's been around a long time, is a member of a classic Nintendo IP, and coupld have an extremely unique moveset out of many potential canadites

Oh and he had an assitt trophy, which means he was a likely canidate(like many of the assit trophies form the last game where characters that they didn't have time to finish or add in, and be considered