Awoo.

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U/3DS - Settle It In Smash!

Nintendoga

Metal Sonic also could be interesting. He's got a plethora of potential moves based off of Sonic 4 and Generations. Perhaps that beam from Generations that he charges and then shoots?

sonic-generations-20110721024958179_640w

Oh heck yeah! If that were to happen, it would be sweet! Metal Sonic is my favorite Sonic character of all time, sharing the same spot only with Sonic himself. I would love to see Metal Sonic as an assist trophy, more than Shadow or Silver!

Agreed there, Metal Sonic would be quite awesome!

I could see the Deadly Six appearing as cameos on the Lost World stage, but nothing more.

If Shadow returns he better do something good, maybe a mix of chaos spear and a chaos blast to finish it off. But if there is someone else I'd like to see before Tails and Knuckles that has to be Eggman. So much potential! from Checkered wrecking ball, to missiles, to sending out egg-pawns and lasers.

Shadow I think would be better if he does a random thing of:

1.) Dashes around throwing Chaos Spear

2.) Uses Chaos Control to slow down time

3.) Uses Chaos Blast around the one who picked up the Assist Trophy (Chaos Blast blasts outward from around Shadow; so if Shadow stands next to a person, they'd be immune)

I wouldn't mind if he's no longer an Assist Trophy, but I hardly consider him "irrelevant" now. Metal Sonic appears less than Shadow. Metal Sonic has been getting more appearances lately, but he still only appears in spinoffs except Generations, and even in Generations he only appears for one battle.

Personally I don't care much for Metal Sonic, I'd rather have Knuckles or Tails as assists and Eggman as a boss.

I think we all know the only correct option is an Eggman assist trophy.

If he gets two, maybe Tails.

• Thumbs Up 6

You know, now that I think about it, I actually would like Silver being a trophy. I think he would be much more interesting then any of the other Sonic cast members(save for Eggman) due to his telekinetic powers. Goes into the background and throws telekinetic knife things in random directions, hovering above the stage and dropping debris, or just grabbing anyone who gets close to them letting the player who summoned him inflict damage on them.(someone here said that.) depending on their damage percentage, Silver will throw the people either far or short distances. I just think any of those would be more interesting than another Shadow(plus I want someone new) but that's just me.

Edit: I also do t think its fair to say "well Metal only appeared in generations as a boss recently. The rest was spinoff stuff. "

You could literally say the same for Shadow.

You know, now that I think about it, I actually would like Silver being a trophy. I think he would be much more interesting then any of the other Sonic cast members(save for Eggman) due to his telekinetic powers. Goes into the background and throws telekinetic knife things in random directions, hovering above the stage and dropping debris...

325080_10150343410432418_23050342417_798

I have to say it'd be an epic assist tongue.png

You know, now that I think about it, I actually would like Silver being a trophy. I think he would be much more interesting then any of the other Sonic cast members(save for Eggman) due to his telekinetic powers. Goes into the background and throws telekinetic knife things in random directions, hovering above the stage and dropping debris, or just grabbing anyone who gets close to them letting the player who summoned him inflict damage on them.(someone here said that.) depending on their damage percentage, Silver will throw the people either far or short distances. I just think any of those would be more interesting than another Shadow(plus I want someone new) but that's just me.

Edit: I also do t think its fair to say "well Metal only appeared in generations as a boss recently. The rest was spinoff stuff. "

You could literally say the same for Shadow.

Sounds pretty different than the boomerang, though, so I'm glad they didn't just replace it with this.

The way he words that makes it vague as to what the Beetle is. Is it really an item in-game, or is it an item that functions as part of Link's moveset?

If it's the latter, it could be a new side B. It could also be his grab, which would be unique.

It could also be his grab, which would be unique.

Big part of me thinks that the hookshot grab wouldn't go away ever, it seems like a giant staple to his character for both the unique grab/recovery and the item itself alone.

I think it's a new regular item for anyone to grab, but yeah it doesn't really specify clearly which is interesting. I'd want so hard for there to be unlockable moves for characters to customize them a bit, so you could like sub out your boomerang for this for example, but I doubt they'd make it that awesome (and would probably be hell to balance).

Anyway wasn't really a fan of the item in the actual game so kinda meh on it. Regardless of what it is, the holding them in the air is a neat idea and hope it's pretty seamless so you could help combo off it. I so need to see a 2 vs 2 match where one team mate uses this to stun lock them upwards toward a higher platform, while the other team mate cracks a homerun bat in their skull up there haha.

The way he words that makes it vague as to what the Beetle is. Is it really an item in-game, or is it an item that functions as part of Link's moveset?

If it's the latter, it could be a new side B. It could also be his grab, which would be unique.

Well, if it was Link's move I don't think they'd show Marth holding the item so prominently.

Don't you think it would be facing the other way if Marth were holding it? It's probably just him being carried into the air by one to demonstate.

I'm... honestly not sure what the point of this is. Maybe it's like a reverse Pitfall? But at least a Pitfall kept someone within reach long enough to Smash attack them - most characters don't have arial killing moves that can even remotely compare.

Well, if it was Link's move I don't think they'd show Marth holding the item so prominently.

He's not holding it. He's trying to wrench it away from him.

Marth has a similar pose when he is grabbed in Brawl - his legs are bent, and his arms are gripping chest-level at whatever's got him. That's what makes me think it's a move for Link - no item has shown these properties yet. If Marth was holding it as an item, he would be dropping normally with the Beetle in his left hand, but here he's awkwardly standing mid-air.

But, if the Beetle is an item, then this does seemingly continue the trend of no Zelda item in Smash actually causing damage to anyone, lol. Heart Container restores health, Bunny Hood makes everyone pretend they're Sonic, and Beetle carries people upward.

The size and the way Link is holding it makes it look like an item to me.

That and the fact that Sakurai says it's an item.

The Beetle item from The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword is a comical item that grabs characters and carries them into the air.

Sounds like an item.

Man when you say item a lot is starts to sound really frickin weird.

Sounds useless to me, but I'll give it the benefit of the doubt.

Picks up another fighter against their will and could at the very least throw their entire groove off, at the very best throw them into the upper stage area where they get a flying KO. Sounds pretty useful to me.

I'd imagine you throw it at someone and it grabs them and pull them up, then you gotta press buttons to get out, and depending on how much damage you have, it would be harder to get out.

Sounds like an item that'd be useful in two ways - presumably you can still take damage from people jumping to hit you when ensnared, and also can use it at a crucial moment to get someone hit by a stage hazard (think Norfair with its lava walls and tidal waves).

I loved Skyward Sword and I loved this item, so I'm glad they at least referenced it via item, cause honestly a copy-pasted Skyloft doesn't do much to me.

Anyways, this looks like a powerful item, although I bet it only takes you far away when you're at least 60% ish. There's many items from Link's arsenal in Skyward Sword that could be used here, like :

-Gust Bellows : would work like a weaker version of Mario's F.L.U.D.D. but with continuous gust pushing the players to the edge.

-Whip : It could latch to players bringing them close to the opponent, and perhaps it could pull items too.

-Sailcloth : maybe it could act as a recovery item, when youre falling a bit below the stage it could propel you upwards, but then letting you fall slowly.

-Mogma Mitts : Maybe they can allow to let the player dig at a certain spot, one at a time wich would leave the equivalent of a pitfall trap. You could just make one until someone falls in it, to make it less OP ? maybe it can disappear after making the first one.

-Water Dragon Scale : It lets you go into water without drowning for a certain period? maybe lets you attack in it? IDK.

But yeah you could make some awesome items with SkywardSword items : )

Yay. Another item I wont ever use from a game I didn't play. Sakura, give us something good. Like....um I don't know, a new stage or possible release date for both versions.