Awoo.

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U/3DS - Settle It In Smash!

Nintendoga

Mando, I like Custom Robo, but have you played Uprising?

Pit's mech is AWESOME.

I have a actualy played Neither, but Custom Robo seems like a francise that deserves a SSB rep thats all, nothing personal against the mech

I would play KI:U but I lack a 3DS :( nor does it seem I will have the funds for it with most of my gaming money going towards wii-u games

I have a actualy played Neither, but Custom Robo seems like a francise that deserves a SSB rep thats all, nothing personal against the mech

I would play KI:U but I lack a 3DS :( nor does it seem I will have the funds for it with most of my gaming money going towards wii-u games

CR already has an assist trophy as representation. Here's the thing- Custom

Robos are tiny and pack a lot of firepower. If you scaled one up to an appropriate Smash size, it'd either be too small to hit (the same as it is as an assist trophy) or too powerful with nothing but long range attacks (at Samus' size or so).

I'm sure Sakurai COULD balance one properly, but being an assist seems most appropriate for it really.

It's not so much the leak than the pillowcase that I'm more surprised to see

It's not so much the pillowcase than the fact that I know who that character is that surprises me.

It's not so much the pillowcase than the fact that I know who that character is that surprises me.

Yeah, I know that character, too.

It's Olaf, the snowman character from Frozen!!

In all seriousness, is this from the person who posted the Palutena pics? I have no idea what's happening now. :V

Aside from the recent joke pictures in that thread, it looks like the Smashboards community is still having trouble finding concrete evidence toward debunking the leak, and I don't blame them. This really is one of the most convincing "leaked" images I've seen in a long time; it doesn't have any of those usual dead giveaways that people would pick up on within the first few hours.

Honestly, I'm hoping it's real and will be even more hyped if it is. I haven't played much of Uprising, but Palutena looks like a likeable character with good moveset potential, not to mention her being another female character to choose from.

• Thumbs Up 1

OFjZtxK.jpg

At the bottom on her belt is an Amulet of a Power Star from the Mario series (allegedly). This is not on her other models. (Allegedly)

We also know that the face on this is different. If this is a fake, it's a commendable effort. 

EDIT: Well never mind. It's not looking like a star after all. 

Interesting thing there. Though I believe you have missed one screenshot, which has not seemed to have been posted yet, so...

N7Kng5y.jpg

If Palutena is real we could be seeing the first character who uses a mix of staff, claws, shields, palms and canons in her moveset on top of magic. Basically she is the standalone recipe for one of the most original movesets in the series.

(let's just hope said recipe doesn't "revolt" like other Palutena recipes are known to..)

It's not so much the leak than the pillowcase that I'm surprised to see

This one is obviously fake. That same Mario pic is in his character profile in the smash site

Interesting thing there. Though I believe you have missed one screenshot, which has not seemed to have been posted yet, so...

N7Kng5y.jpg

Well, if this winds up being legit, then at least we'll know that this will be T-rated.

All that said, dat leg there is quite befitting for a goddess...

This one is obviously fake. That same Mario pic is in his character profile in the smash site

Yes.  That is exactly the reason the Olaf one is obviously fake.

• Thumbs Up 8

Yes.  That is exactly the reason the Olaf one is obviously fake.

That and the fact that it's Olaf, which kinda already proves it's fake in of it's self.

Lol what's up with all the random leaks? XD The Palutena one looks quite real though. If it is then I don't mind since that gives us yet another female character on the roster!

And uhh..that's a Bubsy 3D model. =P

Welp...

tumblr_mzt90tFDyE1qadqfco2_1280.jpg

This was a strange day for Smash news. 

bubsy went turbo

call the media

So that Palutena picture is possibly fake right? Didn't that rumour from a while ago mention Palutena being a character?

The Palutena one is an original or heavily edited model (nothing like it exists anywhere else) with an original render of the background and a pose/angle for Mario not seen in any screens or footage thus far, which means it's either real or a hoax which required a considerably huge amount of effort that isn't usually seen in gaming hoaxes.

Which is basically why people are giving it a close eye. And if she's real I don't think that necessarily makes the leaked list real since she was always kinda likely.

• Thumbs Up 2

I don't know, I'm still skeptical.

Why the hell would it be the 3DS version of Smash 4 that would get the Palutena leak anyways? The marketing of this game is almost entirely focused on the Wii U version.

I don't know, I'm still skeptical.

Why the hell would it be the 3DS version of Smash 4 that would get the Palutena leak anyways? The marketing of this game is almost entirely focused on the Wii U version.

Could be images they're preparing for the website, there's usually one or two 3DS images on each character page.

Could be images they're preparing for the website, there's usually one or two 3DS images on each character page.

But then why would the leak be a crappy camera shot that's not the least bit creative like the others are?