Awoo.

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U/3DS - Settle It In Smash!

Nintendoga

Magnus' design is a little too boring to be a Smash character, in the same way Groose is really. They're designed as background characters, so they don't overshadow the hero.

Because, let's be honest, Groose WOULD overshadow Link! :V

Atleast we get to play as Magnus granted hrs was wearing pits ring up still

Yeah, honestly when I finally played KI:U I was surprised to find out how much of an "episodic" character Magnus was.  He only appears on two levels properly with a very small role in a third level.  Him getting in would be as odd as like, Thanatos or Phosphora getting in.

Yeah, honestly when I finally played KI:U I was surprised to find out how much of an "episodic" character Magnus was.  He only appears on two levels properly with a very small role in a third level.  Him getting in would be as odd as like, Thanatos or Phosphora getting in.

I'd rather pick the awesome Phosphora or the hilarious Thanatos over Magnus xD That says a lot.

I wislh magnus was in more levels in KI:U he was probably one of my favorite characters in the game and im gonna quote chugga when I say "I don't care if we already have enough sword characters I want magnus dangit" or at least as an assist trophy.

• Thumbs Up 1

*slides in*

Interesting.......

*sees info about edge grabbing*

Oh man. That could change the game. People who have good recoveries could benefit from this. And the ones that dont attack while recoverying....OH shit. This could actually be big.

Almost as odd as Tharja.

ToiletDuk+cdi+linkjpg600x450.jpg

• Thumbs Up 3

*Shots fired*.

ANYWAY. Those Palutena screens, I gotta say, look pretty damn real. I don't want to get my hopes up too high, but I might give them the benefit of the doubt anyway.

Her face does look a little odd, but not ugly. If this is true, it'll probably look WAY better on the Wii U. Just look at how Ros looks on the 3DS compared to the Wii U. Same thing.

I am really not sure what to make of those ledge grabbing mechanic changes. They could seriously fuck up everything depending on the details of them.

I'd expect to see Palutena way before Magnus.

Yeah, Magnus has very brief playable segments in Uprising, but Palutena is monumentally important to the story of both games. Hell, she's technically the titular character of the series in Japan. "Kid Icarus" was originally Myth of Light: The Mirror of Palutena. She seems too important to ignore in favor of a secondary character.

Maybe he uses the 3 Sacred Treasures as his Final Smash.

The 3 original treasures? Hah, those are old hat. I want the Great Sacred Treasure.

BRING ON THE MECH.

BRING ON THE MECH.

Wait, why would you want a mere Mech, how about a CUSTOM ROBO!

Ray01.jpg

Wait, why would you want a mere Mech, how about a CUSTOM ROBO!

Ray01.jpg

Well, they're toys. I think a mech beats a toy.

Well, they're toys. I think a mech beats a toy.

Not in SSB, I mean look at ROB, and in regards to scaling, think if they scaled it up similarly if not as much as olimar

I was kidding. You asked why someone would want a mech when they can have a Custom Robo. Giant robot > Toy.

To be serious, though, I would think it was stupid if they replaced Pit's mech with a Custom Robo. There's no need to mix franchises like that. I'd rather they simply represent their own series as well as possible.

• Thumbs Up 1

I am really not sure what to make of those ledge grabbing mechanic changes. They could seriously fuck up everything depending on the details of them.

personally I was hoping they add a mechanic where you could grab onto someone who's grabbing the ledge, I think trumping a ledge grab would work a bit better. I honestly just want to know what happens when someone's edge-grabbing is "trumped." Do they get slightly pushed to the side (and don't go any further that Mario was in the screen shot)? Do they still get to execute their jump or second jump for that matter or ^B recovery?

For example, in Brawl when you're swimming, if you let yourself tread for too long you would just sank, no if ands or buts. If you jumped periodically, you like.. "reset" your swimming "counter" and can continue to tread. Would that be the case with a trumped edge-gaurd and you'll be defenseless when you're trumped?

So many questions Sakurai.........so little time XD

OFjZtxK.jpg

At the bottom on her belt is an Amulet of a Power Star from the Mario series (allegedly). This is not on her other models. (Allegedly)

We also know that the face on this is different. If this is a fake, it's a commendable effort. 

EDIT: Well never mind. It's not looking like a star after all. 

I was kidding. You asked why someone would want a mech when they can have a Custom Robo. Giant robot > Toy.

To be serious, though, I would think it was stupid if they replaced Pit's mech with a Custom Robo. There's no need to mix franchises like that. I'd rather they simply represent their own series as well as possible.

I meant include a CR REP, not replace the mech, I meant why have a mere mech as part of a final smash when you could have a full atack robot rep

I meant include a CR REP, not replace the mech, I meant why have a mere mech as part of a final smash when you could have a full atack robot rep

Machinegun Robot Girlfriend for SSB4 (the best Kid Icarus character)

EDIT:

>tfw nintendo direct is announced tomorrow for friday

>sakurai's pic of the day is another "don't miss Nintendo Direct!"

>palutena is revealed early to generate more easy-hype (her facial expressions aren't up to Zelda or Dedede standards due to earlier than intended reveal)

>fucking hype anyway

Not saying this'll happen but who know.

• Thumbs Up 2