Awoo.

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U/3DS - Settle It In Smash!

Nintendoga

As much as I like Waluigi, if anyone else should get in as a Mario rep it should have to be :

Bowser_Jr.,_Mario_Party_9.png

He has Bowsers entire arsenal and minions at his disposal plus he has his paintbrush.

Im quite surprised he hasnt made it in already, not that I have anything against Rosalina, I just LOVE her addition, such an awesome character!  but in any case Bowser Jr. has been part of Marios story in his recent games as an antagonist, plus appereances in party games.

He could use bullet bills, use his koopa-mobile-thingy, use his magic paintbrush, and he could even make a full assault with his airships for a Final Smash. : )

I still don't get why people want Bowser Jr. in so bad. There are so many other unique picks from Mario alone other than Bowser's tiny offspring clone.

• Thumbs Up 1

I can't really think of any more notable Mario characters than Bowser Jr. that haven't already been made playable. I would have said Rosalina before a few months ago, but lo and behold she has already been announced.

Plus, some people just like Bowser Jr.? Others may just want more antagonists.

I don't think we'll get anything mindblowing on the anniversary. At most, a character being revealed, or maybe a "release date" (of the "[season] 2014" variety)

Plus, some people just like Bowser Jr.?

Maybe I'm just biased because I don't. I'm glad we got Rosalina instead.

Though of course, this being a fighting game, I wouldn't mind if Bowser Jr. showed up. He'd make a great punching bag! XD 

I wonder if Sakurai would even care to remember the original release date of the first game.

Of course he would. He's bothered to remember other anniversaries, milestones and release dates.

Calling it now, the 15th anniversary is going to be a picture of Master Hand.

I say it every time, but I'd hate for Bowser Jr to be a part of this game. Why? I just can't stand him. That god awful voice and bleugh design. He's nothing but an irritating Bowser. I'm not too keen on Waluigi, but anyone would be better than Bowser Jr. Rosalina, by the way, was a fantastic choice.

• Thumbs Up 5

I don't want him in because  "I love the character hes so awesome!1!one"  (although I have nothing against those who do, since I think the little critter is sort of a comic - relief character )  but mostly because of three things:

1st Hes got a variety of moves that would make him an interesting character to play as, that would separate him from being a Bowser clone   

2nd He is the next most "important" character in terms of relevance, (Rosalina being the other one of course, even though she's been pretty much an NPC, but the story focuses a lot on her so yeah.)

3rd We could need more antagonists / villains

But if you hate the character, then that would explain a lot XD But then again like you said, you could use him as a replacement for the sandbag :3 ~

• Thumbs Up 2

I don't think we'll get anything mindblowing on the anniversary. At most, a character being revealed, or maybe a "release date" (of the "[season] 2014" variety)

Anniversary? Of what? The Super Smash Bros series?

Lack of preference for playable Paper Mario/continued preference for Bowser Jr. over Paper Mario makes me a sad panda.

Lack of preference for playable Paper Mario/continued preference for Bowser Jr. over Paper Mario makes me a sad panda.

To be honest, I LOVE the Paper Mario series  as a whole and while it could work since he has enough abilities to separate him from Mario, to me its sort of a Dr. Mario thing, its STILL Mario, sure art style is different and it has its whole universe with it, but no matter how I see it, it would feel to me as if they added Riders Sonic as playable, the games have a different art style and it focuses on well... riding, but even if they gave him his gear, plus a zero gravity move (as awesome as that would be ) I would feel its still Sonic. Okay okay.... bad example but you get my point.  

Any who I think Sakurai wont make the Smash bros anniversary a huge deal, but he might acknowledge it, I think the most we could expect would be Mario, Link, Pikachu and Kirby together doing a taunt or something. Master Hand would be awesome though!!!

So, when exactly is the Smash Bros anniversary going to happen?

January 21st (In Japan)  

The US anniversary is April 26th. Not that he would even care to mention it xD

I don't want any other Mario reps coming in. None. We got five (Mario, Luigi, Bowser, Peach, Rosalina), as well as Wario, Yoshi, and (if they count and I'm pretty sure they do) Donkey and Diddy. And according to my accalculamatations, that totals up to "too many"! :v

In fact, I don't really want any extra characters for most of the main IPs. Pokemon and Mario have too many, Star Fox, Zelda and Kirby all have 3 a piece; and things like F-Zero, Kid Icarus, Pikmin and Metroid don't even really have any notable characters outside of the main ones. I mean, I certainly wouldn't mind it if more came in I guess as long as it's not related to the first two series I mentioned.

Cuz I mean I'd be lying if I said featuring Adeline/Ado as a fourth Kirby character wouldn't be wonderful

• Thumbs Up 1

January 21st (In Japan)  

The US anniversary is April 26th. Not that he would even care to mention it xD

Hmmm, interesting...

I know that there may be a chance that nothing big will be revealed, but I do hope we get something on the day of the anniversary, nonetheless.

Cuz I mean I'd be lying if I said featuring Adeline/Ado as a fourth Kirby character wouldn't be wonderful

I agree on this one, imagine an art based moveset, it would get pretty wacky XD

Hey Azookara you leave Kid Icarus outta this >:V

Pokémon.. like Mario I can see getting 5 reps this time, or just multiple replacements or overhauls. The only thing I'm sure of is Jiggs. It's a mystery.

Jigglypuff will have to stay, unless they plan on breaking the moral code of preserving the veterans.

inb4 (s)he's the character revealed on SSB64's anniversary

"the most anticipated character on our roster, OP cat-Kirby will never go away"

Say, here is a thought, out of all the newcomers so far, NONE have been from an exclusively or at least majorly Handheld fancise, dont you figure they will proably add at least one if not two? perhaps a Golden Sun rep(Issac did have a trophy last time, and them turning him into a full character wouldnt be overly out of the question), or an Advance Wars rep(I say advance wars, because that subseries is exclusively portable, as oppossed to the overall nintendo wars)

I still hope this game has a Paper Mario stage. I don't want Paper Mario as a character personally, but I think a stage would be just perfect for that series.

Speaking of anniversaries, Wario Land's 20th anniversary is ALSO January 21st. It's not really that significant, but given the recent reveal of Ashley, I wouldn't be surprised if we saw Wario soon.

Also Tharja has literally zero chance of being playable. Why are people even arguing about this

Chaos wasn't arguing about her being playable. He was however arguing about how that "relevance/importance is the reason character A gets in and character B does not" argument is flawed. Especially after people were already dismissing Rosalina despite her popularity. 

Say, here is a thought, out of all the newcomers so far, NONE have been from an exclusively or at least majorly Handheld fancise, dont you figure they will proably add at least one if not two? perhaps a Golden Sun rep(Issac did have a trophy last time, and them turning him into a full character wouldnt be overly out of the question), or an Advance Wars rep(I say advance wars, because that subseries is exclusively portable, as oppossed to the overall nintendo wars)

I agree with the sentiment, and I believe this is something that should happen, but, as much as I hate to admit it, I can't help but think that it's nowhere close to being something that will probably happen.

I think I only like Jigglypuff for her being one of the original crew. but IMO shes sorta irrelevant at this point. Id rather have Meowth if you ask me xD Althought you gotta love dat down B.  

I think she'll return along with Falcon, Ness and Yoshi. 

• Thumbs Up 1