Awoo.

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U/3DS - Settle It In Smash!

Nintendoga

I doubt it.... they're all way smaller than Ridley and Bowser's canon size is about as consistent as Spinda patterns. 

(mostly because it's impossible to debunk the too big argument. the argument is just too big to debunk.)

• Thumbs Up 2

I doubt it.... they're all way smaller than Ridley and Bowser's canon size is about as consistent as Spinda patterns. 

(mostly because it's impossible to debunk the too big argument. the argument is just too big to debunk.)

Bowser's canon size is bigger than Mario by 2 or 3 ft, as the size he appears in the most, or atleast by the end of the game besides Mario 64...

Bowser in Mario Sunshine:

cKXGE.jpg

Bowser in Mario Kart:

1975034-thanks_for_playing_screen__mario

He changes his size like all the time, it's practically impossible to say he has a "canon" size at all.

I think it's pretty much canon that Bowser's constant size changed are due to Kamek's magic/shapeshifting shenanigans. Bowser's size is wildly inconsistent in the games and Mario is fairly short to begin with, so he doesn't really look all that out of place.

Also Tharja has literally zero chance of being playable. Why are people even arguing about this

Bowser in Mario Sunshine:

cKXGE.jpg

Bowser in Mario Kart:

1975034-thanks_for_playing_screen__mario

He changes his size like all the time, it's practically impossible to say he has a "canon" size at all.

Wasn't he also pretty fucking big in Galaxy and Galaxy 2?

Also Tharja has literally zero chance of being playable. Why are people even arguing about this

I made a teensy weensy suggestion and people flipped out, gomen-nasai~! But to say she has "literally zero" chance is a silly thing to say when tons of characters people would say had "literally zero" chance have made it into Smash in the past. Plus like I said, a large part of Smash inclusion is popularity and she's the only FE character with enough demand to have a figurine made.

EDIT: In Galaxy 1 and 2 Bowser changed size as part of the story iirc

In Sunshine and 3D World he's big for literally no reason.

Maybe it's that weird green water in Sunshine.. or maybe a weird mixture of cat and turtle leads to gigantism..

or maybe Bowser's just whatever size the devs want him to be in any given scenario, which is fine with a cartoony villain like him.

tons of characters people would say had "literally zero" chance have made it into Smash in the past

No they haven't. The only characters that even come close to this are Dr Mario and Pichu, both of whom were last-minute additions to buff up the roster.

• Thumbs Up 1

Wasn't he also pretty fucking big in Galaxy and Galaxy 2?

No in Galaxy, and in Galaxy two he ate a Grand Star which caused him to grow so big.

No they haven't. The only characters that even come close to this are Dr Mario and Pichu, both of whom were last-minute additions to buff up the roster.

A lot of people would originally say characters like Wolf, Ice Climbers, Ivysaur, Roy, and ROB had "zero chance" for different reasons (like being too random or not being important enough). And again, almost all the Pokémon cast were chosen on popularity alone.

And like I keep saying, Tharja doesn't have "zero chance". Sure not as likely as Chrom or Lucina but saying a character who is popular enough to be the only character from her franchise to have merchandise made of them "has zero chance" is silly. Dat's like saying Charizard has zero chance. Both are just one character out of hundreds from their series and have no inherent importance to their respective franchises. (besides popularity)

• Thumbs Up 1

What about ice climbers, rob, and snake? The first two, im pretty sure not many people even knew about until melee/brawl and the last one is popular but he was probably the most unexpected character to get in there.

Since were talking Bowser and someone mentioned Final Smash reveals, I really hope we get different Final Smashes. I think it would feel fresh to see these.

I think the one Id like to see get changed the most would be Bowser. I mean... Giga Bowser is cool and stuff, but I think its time we get some canon FS for him. I feel the current one is like... you get Sonic and you're expecting Super Sonic but instead you get " Flash Sonic Cannon" an ability created by Sakurai : P Not that I wouldn't love to see Sakurai create something for Sonic, but you know what I mean.

And while its very similar I would love to see him grow to ginormous sizes we've seen recently, perhaps he would go to the background / middle ground and throw a barrage of fire attacks in patterns that are hard to memorize (not left to right,right to left)  or perhaps we could see him in his brand-new pimp car? XD I don't know how that would work though. Soccer balls are kind of random.

• Thumbs Up 1

A lot of people would originally say characters like Wolf, Ice Climbers, Ivysaur, Roy, and ROB had "zero chance" for different reasons (like being too random or not being important enough). And again, almost all the Pokémon cast were chosen on popularity alone.

Ice Climber is a fairly notable NES game that was a perfect choice for a "retro" rep, very important to Sakurai and great potential for a unique moveset. Roy was chosen to advertise the latest Fire Emblem game while Marth represented the franchise as a whole, so anybody who calls either character uncalled for is frankly pretty stupid. ROB was a big reason for why the NES sold so well in the West to begin with. Wii Fit Trainer represents one of Nintendo's best-selling games of all time. Game & Watch is as big a part of Nintendo's history as Mario and Pokémon. Ivysaur is one of the three starter Pokémon with a character that was specifically chosen to use the three starter Pokémon so his individual popularity doesn't even fucking apply here. Pokémon as a franchise has literally hundreds of 'mons to choose from and none of them besides the starters and the legendaries have any more importance than any other, so popularity is the only way to choose from them in the first place. That's how the actual Pokémon games handle it, for god's sake.. Mewtwo was massively popular and had a large role in both the games and the anime, and even had a fucking movie dedicated to him. So did Lucario. Jigglypuff pretty much serves as the secondary mascot for Pokémon in Japan and at the time of Smash 64 was a reoccuring character in the anime. Wolf is a major Star Fox character and arguably should have made it in before Falco. None of these characters were at all strange choices and the fact that not everybody would have expected them doesn't change a thing. "Unexpected" and "undeserving" are two entirely different things, and compared to somebody like Tharja all of these characters are infinitely more deserving.

• Thumbs Up 1

Can the 3DS version connect up with the Wii U one? I know that they are going to have different stages but they are the same game so does anyone know if this has been discussed before?

Can the 3DS version connect up with the Wii U one? I know that they are going to have different stages but they are the same game so does anyone know if this has been discussed before?

Theres no concrete quotes, but apparently Sakurai was looking into it, one of the earlier ideas was to customize your character on the 3DS and then import it to the Wii U, and play against your friends with it , dunno what he meant by "customization", but I think its quite likely the two will be able to interact with eachother.

I wonder if there will be any streetpass related stuff on the 3DS version. like being able to trade trophies or something? giving you coins ?

Man I'm not continuing this conversation because it was just a single tiny suggestion from me on a character that isn't all that likely and people srsly didn't need to get all worked up about it. Plus Smash Bros isn't so ~pure~ as to only have "deserving" characters or anything like that, things like that are entirely subjective and just as there were tons of people who thought characters like Wolf and Lucario had "zero chance" or are "undeserving", they weren't everyone. Heck, tons of people think Rosalina isn't "deserving" compared with characters like Bowser Jr. or Waluigi and have been flipping out about her confirmation. I personally think it's the other way around, who's to say who is right or who is wrong?

Even if you think a character has "zero chance" or is "undeserving" that doesn't make you right. Literally everything first party is fair game when it comes to Smash so long as it makes sense in the contexts of history or popularity, people love to make up "rules" for what is and isn't ok for Smash but in reality it's nothing quite that complicated.. just what Sakurai thinks is right. I mean geez if Smash went all this time without having any Japan-only characters people would be saying things like "Lucas has literally zero chance because he hasn't been in a global game", every single time a Smash Bros game comes out peoples own "rules" for what is "allowed" or "not allowed" are popped, so I think it's best to just forget about those kinds of preconceptions and let yourself enjoy the bottom-of-the-barrel-ride of possibility instead of worrying about things Sakurai never said.

We don't know much about it yet but they will connect, Sakurai implied there might be some kind of item swapping system, so maybe stickers?

• Thumbs Up 2

We don't know much about it yet but they will connect, Sakurai implied there might be some kind of item swapping system, so maybe stickers?

considering the recent revelation that we get Platform exclusive Trophies, I'm expecting you'll be able to trade those between versions.

Disregarding characters based on localisation is fucking stupid and has been debunked since the very first game with Samus, who is virtually unheard of in Japan. As with Fire Emblem in Melee, which was never localised to America until people liked Marth and Roy. And Pit, who was included mostly because of his popularity in the West.

Smash Bros. is a celebration of Nintendo's history and throwing in characters who have a bit of a following is a waste. Geno was literally the most requested character for Brawl besides Ridley and Sonic, and he never made it into Brawl. Hell, Ridley himself never made it in, and he's a character that actually matters to his franchise.