Awoo.

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U/3DS - Settle It In Smash!

Nintendoga

If you want to talk about classic series that could deserve playable reps, and has assit trophies in Brawl, both Nintendo Wars(created by the same guys as fire emblem, since 1989), and Golden Sun come to mind, one has been around since the original Famicon, and the other has been around for a fare share of time as well as being a major portable rep

Disregarding characters based on localisation is fucking stupid and has been debunked since the very first game with Samus, who is virtually unheard of in Japan. As with Fire Emblem in Melee, which was never localised to America until people liked Marth and Roy.

That wasn't my point at all, my point was if there were no Japan-only characters in Smash Bros so far, people would automatically discount them based on the past, people would say "Lucas is impossible!". People discount possibilities in Smash for whatever reason they can possibly think of within the history of the fandom, Melee and Brawl hype, thousands and thousands of people have been proven wrong. People used to say "Lucario is too random, impossible" or "Red would have no moves, he won't be playable".

I'm not exaggerating when I say that almost the entire Smash Bros fan community initially considered ROB to be "impossible" because he didn't originate in a game. I'm saying the sooner you drop inclusion rules when it comes to Smash the more fun you'll have on the hype train. Don't take it so seriously ya'll.

Also I don't think it needs to be said at this point but the "Ridley is too big" thing is a joke, a joke I happen to love, no one is discounted from Smash possibility at this point including Ridley.

• Thumbs Up 1

That wasn't my point at all, my point was if there were no Japan-only characters in Smash Bros so far, people would automatically discount them based on the past, people would say "Lucas is impossible!". People discount possibilities in Smash for whatever reason they can possibly think of within the history of the fandom, Melee and Brawl hype, thousands and thousands of people have been proven wrong. People used to say "Lucario is too random, impossible" or "Red would have no moves, he won't be playable".

I'm not exaggerating when I say that almost the entire Smash Bros fan community initially considered ROB to be "impossible" because he didn't originate in a game. I'm saying the sooner you drop inclusion rules when it comes to Smash the more fun you'll have on the hype train. Don't take it so seriously ya'll.

Also I don't think it needs to be said at this point but the "Ridley is too big" thing is a joke, a joke I happen to love, no one is discounted from Smash possibility at this point including Ridley.

So what next for external inspiration? Captian N with various classic nintendo attachements like the SuperScope, or the power glove

That wasn't my point at all, my point was if there were no Japan-only characters in Smash Bros so far, people would automatically discount them based on the past, people would say "Lucas is impossible!". People discount possibilities in Smash for whatever reason they can possibly think of within the history of the fandom, Melee and Brawl hype, thousands and thousands of people have been proven wrong.

Yes, and those people would still be equally as stupid for discounting one half of the fanbase because their half of the fanbase isn't that crazy about it. Making up "rules" to discount certain characters is stupid. "This character has to actually be an iconic character of their franchise and legitimately add something to the game" is not a "stupid made up rule."

ROB is still an important piece of Nintendo's history and has a heavy connection with video games even if he's never actually appeared in a video game. ROB is an exception because despite technically not appearing in a video game he's still a video game character in the same sense that Mr Game & Watch is. Again, "unexpected" is not the same thing as "undeserving."

no one is discounted from Smash possibility

Right because who wants characters that actually have a connection to video games and Nintendo in a game about celebrating video games and Nintendo.

Yes, and those people would still be equally as stupid for discounting one half of the fanbase because their half of the fanbase isn't that crazy about it. Making up "rules" to discount certain characters is stupid. "This character has to actually be an iconic character of their franchise and legitimately add something to the game" is not a "stupid made up rule."

But it's still a "made up rule" and has no genuine bearing. Tons of Smash characters add nothing of real substance to the franchise, and many Smash characters aren't all that iconic to their series.

I've said my piece, I still think you're taking this too seriously.

• Thumbs Up 2

But it's still a "made up rule" and has no genuine bearing. Tons of Smash characters add nothing of real substance to the franchise, and many Smash characters aren't all that iconic to their series.

I've said my piece, I still think you're taking this too seriously.

Sakurai spends months deciding exactly who should be in the game to the point where it causes him legitimate stress. He tries as hard as he can to choose characters that are important to Nintendo, that people will enjoy and that will add something of value to the game. And yet you're talking as if he doesn't give a shit about this because it's just a video game, who cares about what characters make it into a game dedicated to celebrating their favourite franchises.

I still think Waluigi should have been chosen as a playable character way before Rosalina.

Yes totaly, with a mushroom kingdom version of Snakes' moveset, with Bob-ombs, Bullet Bill bazooka, and Chomps, and turns into a giant Thwomp that chrushes the entire stage for his final smash

Waluigi's great and all but I can go without him playable. Assist trophy is just fine.

The fact that Little Mac is still non-playable though is a crime. Nintendo has a fairly big 80s fighting franchise, makes a fighting series and forgets to make him playable. Good job, guys. You even included the Ice Climbers over him. :v

• Thumbs Up 2

Waluigi's great and all but I go without him playable. Assist trophy is just fine.

The fact that Little Mac is still non-playable though is a crime. Nintendo has a fairly big 80s fighting franchise, makes a fighting series and forgets to make him playable. Good job, guys. You even included the Ice Climbers over him. :v

well, there was no punchout entry on the N-64, and he was proably beyond their capabilities at the time

well, there was no punchout entry on the N-64, and he was proably beyond their capabilities at the time

And there was an Ice Climbers game for N64?

He couldn't have been over their capabilities at the time. He's literally a boxer. LOL

• Thumbs Up 1

He couldn't have been over their capabilities at the time. He's literally a boxer. LOL

He would be right at home on a console where character models look like boxes

• Thumbs Up 3

Actually there is a small chance Little Mac could be the next newcomer in Smash 4. What else is that boxing ring for? It could just be a generic Smash stage buuut...

• Thumbs Up 1

Waluigi would be OP.  He'd enter the arena and then everyone would stop mid-entry animation when they see him and slowly go back down their pipe/climb back inside their Pokéball/close the hatch of their Arwing and fly away again (etc).

• Thumbs Up 8

Rosalina is far more relevant and important to the series than Waluigi.

I guess I'm just bitter that it only took her two games to become playable in a main series title when Waluigi's been a far more frequent character. Maybe only in spin-offs (if Kart counts as a spin-off) but still, he's been around for almost 15 years and Rosalina's been around for what, 6?

I can just seeing Waluigi having a great fighting style, is all!

• Thumbs Up 2

Maybe only in spin-offs (if Kart counts as a spin-off)

That's kind of the dealbreaker I think.  I mean it's why his Assist Trophy appearence has him attacking with a tennis raquet after all.

Say, why dont we talk about a different note? like say advertising? what if Nintendo decided to do a homage to the original SSB ad with all the giant suits of characters? and which characters would they do in a new one?

as far as I know they currently have a DK, Mario, and Luigi suit, and SEGA has a Sonic one, and I imagine all the original ones would return too, but who else would be viable? Fox, ROB, and megaman would be cool to me, but what do you guys think?

obviously reffering to this, you havent lived if you havent watched it XD

http://youtu.be/K783SDTBKmg

That's kind of the dealbreaker I think.  I mean it's why his Assist Trophy appearence has him attacking with a tennis raquet after all.

But when we've seen characters like ROB and Dr. Mario, I don't see how this should make a difference. D:

Mario Kart is a huuuuge part of Mario's history, doesn't that count for something?

But when we've seen characters like ROB and Dr. Mario, I don't see how this should make a difference. D:

Mario Kart is a huuuuge part of Mario's history, doesn't that count for something?

I guess but I do relate Waluigi way more to the Sports and Party games than Kart.  I mean he was absent from four of the games tsk tsk tsk.  And plus Mario Kart has had stage representation twice now.

I dunno, I loves me some Waluigi but yeah I'm just oddly apathetic towards him appearing in Smash and I dunno why.

Even though it probably won't happen, it would still be nice if nintendo would include a tales character in here, I know they said that they wouldn't do namco any favors or anything but it doesn't completely throw the idea out of the window. 

I wonder what we're gonna get the 21st.

15th Anniversary of Smash Bros for those who don't know

perhaps an updated version of this?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K783SDTBKmg

or Captian Falcon reveal?