Awoo.

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U/3DS - Settle It In Smash!

Nintendoga

If Sonic does get a second stage on the 3DS version which game do you think it will end up being from? I'm inclined to think it'll probably be from Rush but I honestly don't know. I have a feeling it could be from a classic console Sonic game.

Same question for Megaman as well.

I'm thinking either Rush or Colors, if Sonic gets a different stage on 3DS. If we get Windy Hill on 3DS too, I'd be okay with that, since it's the only level I liked from that game.

I hope to god they get something from Rush, but since Lost World was on 3DS too sega would probably want them to promote that game.

eh

I'd rather opt for a Sonic Colors stage. Tropical Resort, man.

Edited by Indigo Rush

Since I'm bored / eager about this subject, I'm gonna list off some alternate costumes I'd like to see in Smash4.

Mario - Dr. Mario

Donkey Kong - Punch-Out DK

Link - Twilight Princess casual clothes (or Ocarina of Time Link, either is good)

Kirby - old-school triangle-hands non neon pink Kirby

Samus - Dark Samus

Fox - StarFox 64 and/or Adventures or Assault Not-BellHead McCloud

Cpt. Falcon - GX/AX Cpt. Falcon suit

Yoshi - Yarn Yoshi

Ness - Pajama Ness

Marth - Melee/Brawl-styled Marth

Pit - classic Pit

Luigi - Mr. L

Pikachu - Ye Olden Fatchu

Pokemon Trainer - Female Trainer

Wii Fit Trainer - Male Trainer (confirmed..???)

Villager - Female Villager

Peach - Nurse Peach

Bowser - Dry Bones Bowser

Rosalina - Kart outfit

Wario - Traditional costume rather than the Warioware suit (kinda a given)

Zelda - Skyward Sword Zelda

Toon Link - Wind Waker pajamas (or Young Link??)

Ganondorf - CAPED GANONDORF A LA WINDU WAKA

Game and Watch - the G&W character with the eyes instead of regular no-eyes-G&W

Megaman - Bad Box Art Mega Man, No Exceptions

Sonic - soap-shoe and/or Riders Sonic (or classic Sonic)?

I don't even know.

• Thumbs Up 4

I'd rather opt for a Sonic Colors stage. Tropical Restort, man.

Well it will most likely be a starter stage, no matter what the game...

It's most likely just going to be Windy Hill. If we do get another Sonic stage, I could maybe see a Colours level, though. Tropical Resort would be amazing.

If Peach gets nurse Peach, how is she supposed to float if she doesn't have a dress?

Anesthesia, MDMA, Medical Marijuana... Not only will she be able to float, she'll go to Mars, duuuuuuuude.

• Thumbs Up 2

Dude, exactly how many times have people been claiming that towards other characters that "serve no real purpose" and make it in anyway?

Not that I'm expecting Tharja to be in, and there's nothing wrong with not expecting anyone in particular, but you'd think after people said that about Rosalina, and especially after including characters like the WFT that we'd learn not to call character's "pointless" additions because we're not expecting them or for whatever reason we have.

There are different circumstances for every character. The argument you are making is about a character who serves little to no purpose in the game she appears in, out of a series that  has hundreds of potential playable candidates and around twenty or so main characters that serve far greater prominence. Based on Tharja's popularity alone, she might make an Assist Trophy, but considering all the far more prominent characters that exist in the series, I highly doubt that.

Wii Fit is a franchise unto itself. WFT is an incredibly odd choice, but its a far cry comparing WFT to Tharja. Rosalina is in a well-established series, and her role in the series as a whole is minimal... but she's extremely popular AND has appeared in several games, one of which she's a very signature character in, and in two others she plays a fare role and is even

an unlockable character in.

You're comparing pins and needles here. There are very specific circumstances for every character. When it comes to adding a new franchise, leave no stone unturned. It doesn't matter how obscure it is. When it comes to obscure characters when their are far more prominent choices, that's when things start to get problematic.

Out of all possible new Mario additions, Rosalina was easily the best choice. Tharja doesn't come anywhere close to that level.

EDIT: I'd like to see something other than Windy Hill or GHZ represented for Sonic on 3DS. We'll see what they decide, though... I'd prefer something from Rush or Rush Adventure for Sonic.

• Thumbs Up 1

Didn't characters like Jigglypuff and Lucario get in solely because of their popularity at the time of the game's release? 

Pretty sure they were fairly prominent characters at the time. Wasn't Lucario heavily promoted?

EDIT: I don't really know much about Pokemon either, but I thought I read up on that about Jigglypuff.

For a 3DS level for Sonic, I'd love to see something from Rush.  If we wanna be pessimistic and assume they'd love to re-use assets if they can, I'd hope for Tropical Resort or Water Palace using Gens assets over something from Lost World.

But if I can dream... a Sonic Advance stage would be cool and feel fitting as Sonic Advance was Sonic's first brand new outing on a Nintendo console.  Preferably not Neo Green Hill, though that stage is so chill that as long as they focused on the foresty area and suspension bridge over the parts that look just like Green Hill, I'd be satisfied.

• Thumbs Up 1

Have they showed the Mega Man stage for 3DS btw? If not I wonder what it is. I've only played the original first two games and 9 randomly, so idk but kinda curious.

For Sonic though, I'd actually think it'd be really neat if they brought something up from his Game Gear days just to kinda be like "hey this was Nintendo's rival on the handheld market forever ago, remember that." Not exactly sure which game/level would be the best pick for it, but think it'd be neat none the less *shrugs*. Though if it's going for things that most people know, then I guess Rush would probably be Sonic's prime handheld game amongst most people.

I was actually wondering if maybe the 3DS version doesn't have as many levels as the Wii U version, thus maybe a possibility that some characters (like these 3rd party ones) aren't given a stage for this console too.

There are different circumstances for every character. The argument you are making is about a character who serves little to no purpose in the game she appears in, out of a series that  has hundreds of potential playable candidates and around twenty or so main characters that serve far greater prominence. Based on Tharja's popularity alone, she might make an Assist Trophy, but considering all the far more prominent characters that exist in the series, I highly doubt that.

Let me repeat myself, I'm not expecting Tharja to be in. Especially when I've not played Fire Emblem to know how popular she is, with the only knowledge of the series being that there are hundreds of character.

The argument I'm making is about how "serving little to no purpose" hardly means anything as far as who is a playable candidate, especially given how out of nowhere characters like WTF were despite being a Nintendo franchise. And as far as that tidbit goes...

Wii Fit is a franchise unto itself. WFT is an incredibly odd choice, but its a far cry comparing WFT to Tharja.

This hardly means anything either. There are dozens of franchises unto themselves that get little to no representation in the series beyond a trophy (or even that), or are equally out of nowhere like Game and Watch and the Ice Climbers, both of which could be considered odd choices introduced in Melee and far cries from other candidates that could have also made it in over them.

Rosalina is in a well-established series, and her role in the series as a whole is minimal... but she's extremely popular AND has appeared in several games, one of which she's a very signature character in, and in two others she plays a fare role and is even

an unlockable character in.

Yes, I know. But if you were to look earlier in this page (somewhere in the 100+ for whomever has the time to look) people were saying the same shit about her not likely to be in this game in spite of all that popularity and prominence, and lo and behold they were proven wrong when she shows up as playable.

You're comparing pins and needles here. There are very specific circumstances for every character. When it comes to adding a new franchise, leave no stone unturned. It doesn't matter how obscure it is. When it comes to obscure characters when their are far more prominent choices, that's when things start to get problematic.

Out of all possible new Mario additions, Rosalina was easily the best choice. Tharja doesn't come anywhere close to that level.

No, I'm making a statement about how having "little to no purpose" holds very little water over whether a character becomes playable and how the circumstances you're claiming are probably not adhered to by those involved in developing the game. You'd think that after we got characters like WTF out of nowhere, or that people making similar statements towards Rosalina that we'd learn to expect the unexpected instead of being confident that X character is definitely not going to make it in.

And just so I make this especially clear for the third time, I'm not expecting Tharja to be in. But that doesn't have anything to do with her serving "little to no purpose" and more to do with indifference of whether she does or doesn't show up.

Have they showed the Mega Man stage for 3DS btw? If not I wonder what it is. I've only played the original first two games and 9 randomly, so idk but kinda curious.

For Sonic though, I'd actually think it'd be really neat if they brought something up from his Game Gear days just to kinda be like "hey this was Nintendo's rival on the handheld market forever ago, remember that." Not exactly sure which game/level would be the best pick for it, but think it'd be neat none the less *shrugs*. Though if it's going for things that most people know, then I guess Rush would probably be Sonic's prime handheld game amongst most people.

I was actually wondering if maybe the 3DS version doesn't have as many levels as the Wii U version, thus maybe a possibility that some characters (like these 3rd party ones) aren't given a stage for this console too.

I would say the triple trouble special zone ruins with Nack and an emerald in the background would be cool

or Sunset park, we havent seen a ruined industrial area before

If Peach gets nurse Peach, how is she supposed to float if she doesn't have a dress?

She can float without it. Play her with her cat suit and she can still float.

HJ9m17I.jpg?1

Pic of the day. 

EDIT:

Pic of the day. A group shot of the big guys. How much bigger are they compared to Mario?

They look like they're having so much fun omg.

Also I like Azookara's alt. list! I know people would like to keep alts to the same character but I think Link and Zelda should be exceptions there, it'd be awesome to see SS Zelda as an alt for Zelda even if they're technically not the same person.. and as I mained Young Link in Melee and think he'll unfortunately never come back, I'd love to see him as an alt for Toon Link.

Same way she floats with the Boomerang Bros suit on I spose.

On the whole Tharja kerfuffle:

I never said it was super likely she'd be in or anything? I still think Chrom or Lucina are more likely, but we're talking about a franchise where a character's popularity is an important factor to their inclusion - Sonic, MegaMan, the entire Pokémon roster, they got in based on popularity alone. Jigglypuff, Lucario, Charizard and Squirtle aren't main-character Pokémon, they just got included because they're popular. It could be argued that Jiggly and Charizard are popular because of their anime importance, but for recurring Pokémon like them part of the reason they were recurring in the first place is because they were popular.

What I'm getting at is, Tharja is popular enough to be the only FE character with a figurine which means she's been recognised as having more demand for merchandise (people are willing to pay money for Tharja) than someone like Lucina.... in Japan at least, but that's not nothin'. I never said she was likely, but with a cast as increasingly huge as Fire Emblem's they may definitely take popularity into account too like they do with Pokémon.

• Thumbs Up 1

HJ9m17I.jpg?1

Pic of the day. 

EDIT:

Nice, we are getting some canon relative sizes in this one! this could get quite interesting