Awoo.

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U/3DS - Settle It In Smash!

Nintendoga

I just had a thought. Though it IS unlikely, what would you guys think of Captain Rainbow (whose game was only released in Japan, in case you did not guess) being playable as a character, or being in the game as an assist trophy?

Could be a programming error. The Pilotwings stage is like Lylat Cruise going top speed so it's not surprising there would be some ground collision issues at that moment.

Or maybe hitting the wing while still in hitstun causes the character to ignore the wing and keep going down, since Fox was in hitstun from DK's Nair at the time he went under.

It's hard to tell (especially with 3 characters all bunched up), but it looks like he lands, start to drop through the platform on his own, and then immediately get hit.

A4CWxUn.gif

I just hope that when this game comes out that there won't be 413,000 heavily edited and over dramatic youtube videos of just falcon punches colliding. It was mildly amusing back when Melee was released, but it was pretty much overdone by Brawl's time. Also, you guys think that there's any chances of Snake getting back in?

Nah, I don't think as much focus will be dedicated to the falcon punch as far as Youtube is concerned.

Because we all know the new fad is VIllager being a closet psychopath.

I just hope that when this game comes out that there won't be 413,000 heavily edited and over dramatic youtube videos of just falcon punches colliding. It was mildly amusing back when Melee was released, but it was pretty much overdone by Brawl's time. Also, you guys think that there's any chances of Snake getting back in?

Well, considering how he died in MGS4 from what I heard, and among other reasons, I do not see Snake making a return in this game. Would be nice if he did return, though.

Well, considering how he died in MGS4 from what I heard, and among other reasons, I do not see Snake making a return in this game. Would be nice if he did return, though.

Snake in Brawl wasn't from MGS4, though. I doubt his canonical death would stop him from showing up if he's theoretically back in smash 4.

All the snakes are literally the same DNA, frankly it doesn't matter.

Snake being back would be pretty sweet, but if a Metal Gear character happens to show up again I rather it be Raiden. Cause Cyborg Ninjas!

Uhh... Snake doesn't die in MGS4...? He's about to commit suicide in front of Big Boss' grave, when Big Boss actually approaches him from behind and gives him a pep talk about his mission not being over yet, also Otacon is determined to find a cure for Snake's rapid ageing, so no he doesn't die.

Raiden is that character I know has no chance but I want in anyway

why do I get a feeling you are getting ready for the proably(though kinda sad) return of jigglypuff.... what would you think if they announced Meowth instead?

Uhh... Snake doesn't die in MGS4...? He's about to commit suicide in front of Big Boss' grave, when Big Boss actually approaches him from behind and gives him a pep talk about his mission not being over yet, also Otacon is determined to find a cure for Snake's rapid ageing, so no he doesn't die.

Looks like I had a bad case of mishearing, literally. Well then, thank you for the tip.

I don't blame you for thinking that because it was marketed as Snake's final mission, and it had heavy emphasis on the scene of him holding a gun in his mouth with him about to pull the trigger, but he definitely doesn't, it just leaves another huge cliff hanger for the future of Metal Gear's series... When they decide to stop working on Prequels that is...

I don't blame you for thinking that because it was marketed as Snake's final mission, and it had heavy emphasis on the scene of him holding a gun in his mouth with him about to pull the trigger, but he definitely doesn't, it just leaves another huge cliff hanger for the future of Metal Gear's series... When they decide to stop working on Prequels that is...

Really? That's interesting. I am not much of a Metal Gear fan myself (though from what I have seen, it looks good), but I am kinda interested in Solid Snake some, since the day he was announced for Smash Bros. Brawl.

I am not much of a Metal Gear fan myself (though from what I have seen, it looks good), but I am kinda interested in Solid Snake some, since the day he was announced for Smash Bros. Brawl.

The teaser for his appearance came literally right after the initial announcement for Brawl.

I'm preeeeetty sure it's heavily implied that Snake dies soon after the ending. Or at least, he was done with espionage. It's no cliffhanger.

The teaser for his appearance came literally right after the initial announcement for Brawl.

Yeah, that is what I meant. I probably should have said something like that in my last post, but hey...

I'm preeeeetty sure it's heavily implied that Snake dies soon after the ending. Or at least, he was done with espionage. It's no cliffhanger.

That, and MGS4 made it a point to wrap up pretty much every plot point Kojima could think of, even to the point of damaging the story to wrap up more. There's literally no good reason to continue from 4.

That, and MGS4 made it a point to wrap up pretty much every plot point Kojima could think of, even to the point of damaging the story to wrap up more. There's literally no good reason to continue from 4.

So he does die, technically? I thought that would be the case.

Rule 1 about MGS.

It is never, ever over, even when they clean up plot holes and after a wrap up.

• Thumbs Up 1

It would be pretty fucking stupid to say "lol otacon found a cure" considering how much MGS4 nails into your head that it's hopeless and he has till the end of the year.

But since this is the Smash Bros topic, there is less than no reason to have him in again. Kojima got his shitty game that his son can play as Snake in, and we already have Mega Man (who actually has some fucking history with Nintendo by the way). Snake can just stay the fuck out this time.

• Thumbs Up 8

It would be pretty fucking stupid to say "lol otacon found a cure" considering how much MGS4 nails into your head that it's hopeless and he has till the end of the year.

But since this is the Smash Bros topic, there is less than no reason to have him in again. Kojima got his shitty game that his son can play as Snake in, and we already have Mega Man (who actually has some fucking history with Nintendo by the way). Snake can just stay the fuck out this time.

Whoa, im not much of fan of snake (or metal gear for that matter) but I still kind of want him back in (though after playing MGR, Raiden would be the only character I could ever really want from the series).

Solid Snake is implied to be dead after the end of MGS4, but MGR kinda fucks it up.

In some codec scenes Raiden refers to Snake in the present tense as if he's alive, while Kevin refers to him in the past tense as if he's dead. Personally, I just take MGR's canon/story with a grain of salt. For now he's pretty much dead, until Kojima retcons MGR like he pretty much did the MSX games and has Snake still alive somehow.

Whatever, I doubt Snake's coming back, if he did, I wouldn't mind it personally. I don't want Raiden though.

I doubt Snake is coming back. The character has absolutely no history with Nintendo and his appearance in Brawl was basically one big Playstation commercial in Nintendo's killer app.

I think Sonic and Megaman are all we're getting.

why do I get a feeling you are getting ready for the proably(though kinda sad) return of jigglypuff.... what would you think if they announced Meowth instead?

If they replaced Jigglypuff with Meowth, I'd be the happiest man alive.

• Thumbs Up 4