Awoo.

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U/3DS - Settle It In Smash!

Nintendoga

when are we getting toon zelda

We already got her--she is in the Phantom Regular!Zelda apparently summons.

Well sure, if you're expected to believe that little shunt from his side smash is actually supposed to be his signature charging shoulder barge. It's about as much a reference as moving Link's bow to a down tilt that shoots his opponent in the toes, and no less degrading.

Except I'm sure that's exactly what that was supposed to be.

Except I'm sure that's exactly what that was supposed to be.

Umm... not really? It's not really hard to argue that the definition of a charge's reach should be something longer than "point blank". Even the original gameboy Wario Land, which to the best of my recollection is the shortest it ever was, still reached at least a metre or so without hat powers.

Much as I don't think clone characters need to be an issue, having any more different incarnations of the same Zelda characters would be total overkill. There'd really be no need for that.

Much as I don't think clone characters need to be an issue, having any more different incarnations of the same Zelda characters would be total overkill. There'd really be no need for that.

The Shiekalike form would be Tetra tho'.

Any game with Tetra in it is a better game.

Couldn't give us an interesting picture? oh well, It seems like he never takes a break.  Hope he enjoys his rest, it's just a picture of battle field.

As Jordine is referring to,

vcFZzeN.jpg

"The pic of the day that runs Monday through Friday will be on break starting Dec. 27. I'll be back on Jan. 6, so I hope everyone has a happy new year!!"
-Sakurai

I want Toon Ganondorf, because dual swords are awesome!

Watch it as he will only do punches and kicks.

• Thumbs Up 3

On the topic of clone characters, do we really need Fox, Falco and Wolf? They all play the same, except, I don't like Wolf's Up-B and Falco's Down-B is harder to use.

On the topic of clone characters, do we really need Fox, Falco and Wolf? They all play the same, except, I don't like Wolf's Up-B and Falco's Down-B is harder to use.

Okay, I'm sick of this...

It's one thing to talk about characters being clones, and a legitimate critique at that. But do you really think Sakurai is gonna give a damn over what people think we "need"? In a freaking crossover like Smash Bros of all games? Even regarding clones, it's not dealing with rocket science to differentiate them so they're not clones (which Sakurai would be better doing for clone veterans that do make it).

Seriously, "necessity" is completely irrelevant here as far as who gets in or not. And I think people are confusing it for "personal preference".

Literally the only things Wolf has in common with Fox is a reflector and a Landmaster. I'll be the first to admit that three tank finishers is a bit ridiculous, but moveset wise it's a single fucking special move. Jesus goddamned christ.

That being said I would like to see a Starfox rep with a more unorthodox approach to the usual - a toss-up between Slippy and Krystal in my mind. Starfoxes have usually been some combination of high gravity and twitchy movement (although to a lesser extent in Wolf's case), which has never really sat right with me.

• Thumbs Up 1

Wolf in Brawl is basically just a shittier version of Fox.

> Claims Wolf to be a shittier version of Fox despite the fact that they share nothing in terms of moveset or playstyle barring a reflector

> Wants Toon Zelda, who would probably be a shittier version of Zelda, an already terrible character

Wut 

> Claims Wolf to be a shittier version of Fox despite the fact that they share nothing in terms of moveset or playstyle barring a reflector

A Blaster, A reflector. A Blink esque side dash. An up+b that charges before shooting forward. Identical recovery animations.

Yes, his normals and throws are different, and his specials have modified properties but saying he shares nothing with them is lying to yourself.

• Thumbs Up 5

A Blaster, A reflector. A Blink esque side dash. An up+b that charges before shooting forward. Identical recovery animations.

Yes, his normals and throws are different, and his specials have modified properties but saying he shares nothing with them is lying to yourself.

A blaster that is functionally and aesthetically nothing like Fox's, a blink esque side dash that is again nothing like Fox's, Up B doesn't charge like Fox's, it shoots off much faster with no flaming hitbox and saying the recovery animations are identical is wrong.  And last time I checked, normals and throws constitute the majority of a moveset anyway.  Saying he shares nothing is a little extreme, but saying he's a shittier version of Fox makes even less sense.

• Thumbs Up 1

Marth's Side B is "Nothing Like Fox's"

Marth's Up B is "Nothing Like Fox's"

DK's Neutral B is "Nothing Like Fox's"

I can't check right now, but I'm pretty sure his ledge/off the ground moves are /verrrrrry/ similar in look, damage, and knockback but yeah.

Wolf's moves are a different spin on the same idea. Like a Ken, or Akuma, Or Dan, to Fox's Ryu. Whether that fits someone's definition of clone is up to them, but it was frustrating that he shared so much with the other two as opposed to being his own guy. 

Marth's Side B is "Nothing Like Fox's"

Marth's Up B is "Nothing Like Fox's"

DK's Neutral B is "Nothing Like Fox's"

I can't check right now, but I'm pretty sure his ledge/off the ground moves are /verrrrrry/ similar in look, damage, and knockback but yeah.

Wolf's moves are a different spin on the same idea. Like a Ken, or Akuma, Or Dan, to Fox's Ryu. Whether that fits someone's definition of clone is up to them, but it was frustrating that he shared so much with the other two as opposed to being his own guy. 

Wolf is Brawl Luigi...Falco is SSB64/Melee Luigi

Wolf's move set is a different spin on the same basic concept, but he always felt more fresh and unique than Falco which is why I have always suggested keeping Wolf and removing Falco rather than vice versa.

Really, I just want Slippy.

Slippy would be interesting, though they'd certainly have to be artistic with him, I mean even Fox draws very little from the franchise's gameplay as is.  Krystal I'd certainly welcome, though while there's plenty to draw from Starfox Adventures, I get the feeling Nintendo would probably rather let that game sink away.

Maaaaan I wish they had gone back to the Melee designs for Star Fox characters though seeing as the most recent game was Starfox 64 3D.

• Thumbs Up 1

Are we really doing this? People can't decide after all these years?

Its weird isn't it, I mean sure wolf may be an evolution of a fox but that doesn't mean he's a clone of fox.

But on a more serious note (and just to get off the discussion in general) what was wrong with fox's brawl design? I always saw it as the best fox design for me since his melee one seemed a bit too edgy and serious for me while the slightly cartoony look makes him seem more agile (and overall he looks pretty darn cool too) while still giving off a nice star foxish air, something that the melee design really didn't do for me.