Awoo.

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U/3DS - Settle It In Smash!

Nintendoga

My, what is this?

screen-9.jpg

Okay, I think Sakurai has too much fun with these.

Look at links face LOL, he's like "just keep walking, nothing to see here"

And my god Peach she returns to yet again receive the master sword from Link

Zelda looks amazing.

Whoa, is that one of those Phantoms from Phantom Hourglass/Spirit Tracks? That's pretty cool, actually.

screen-6.jpg

What is even happening here

The answer is simple, Rosalina wants to compare panty sizes with Zelda to see who would make the best waifu for link *runs out back door*

Whoa, is that one of those Phantoms from Phantom Hourglass/Spirit Tracks? That's pretty cool, actually.

screen-6.jpg

What is even happening here

Dat Rosalina face though......

Now we got 5 Females now, gosh.

• Thumbs Up 1

Well, Sakurai actually succeeded in making TP Zelda look very appealing and emotive, so that's something. Would have preferred nearly any other version to the character though. Still nice to have her back.

• Thumbs Up 2

The Darknut might not be a move. It might just be an assist trophy that Zelda is standing conveniently behind.

Is that a fucking Darknut

Nope -- that's a Phantom from the DS Zelda games.

More to the point, it's really quite interesting how this version of TP!Zelda looks much more appealing now that she can actually (visually) emote to some degree! 

Wow, there's quite a few pretty ladies this time around! Keep 'em coming, Sakurai! Is Zero Suit Samus in this? I'd love to see what they'd do with her with stronger tech.

It would be hilariously awesome if Captain Syrup was another playable, but I'm not holding my breath.

Lookin' good, Zelda! Especially since you're showing a lot more emotions than slightly changing your expressions with your TP design. This one here is my favorite.

screen-6.jpg

Rosalina: Zelda... I would like to tell you a story. It's called, "The Wand of Gamelon."

Zelda: 

Rosalina: *Waves wand cheerfully* Hee Hee... It worked, just as Peach told me so.

Luma: ...

Rosalina: Oh, don't look at me like that! It's not even canon to her timeline! Besides, I would not have done that if she had just waited a month after my reveal as she promised. Promises are important to keep! I didn't do it just for fun!

Luma: ...?

Rosalina: ...Okay. Maybe a little.

main.pngzelda.jpg

- The edge design of her dress is less conspicuous than from Brawl, and the chain link design at the bottom has been moved up, with white between it and the edge.

- The design on the cloth in the front is more multicolor, and less grandiose than before. The golden scale design above the cloth is thicker.

- Her ponytail is thicker at the end, and her two ponytails in the front have more white bands revolving around it.

All in all, another conservative shift for a veteran, but the changes made are somewhat less noticeable than usual, compared to the shifts from characters like Marth Peach went through.

• Thumbs Up 3

screen-2.jpg

That's definitely a Spirit Tracks Phantom - you can tell from the shield design (it's different between that and Phantom Hourglass).  Is it me, or does it also have a slightly pink tinge...?  If so, it's probably the Zelda Phantom from ST (i.e. a Phantom possessed by Zelda's spirit).  It doesn't have the glowing eyes it has when Zelda's possessing it, but that's because Zelda's not possessing it, she's standing right next to it.  Makes me wonder what its relation is to her - whether she's controlling it or whether the image is just framed to look that way.

One other thing about the design.

4INTSoy.png

The shapes on her tiara, and the holes on them.

ocarina-of-time.jpg

Definitely not an exact match, but I'd be surprised if that wasn't an intentional design choice.

I kinda hope that's a new move of hers, since it's super interesting. Probably just an assist trophy or something but still would rather have it a move thing. More often than not I find Zelda really boring to play as and instantly switch to Sheik to be honest. Personally would love if they were just two separate characters and giving them something new for their down-smash or whatever, but pretty doubtful on that XD. Part of me is like "...what if they axed Sheik to fully concentrate on Zelda" but can't really wrap my head around them doing that lawl.

Cool stuffs though, all the human-like characters in this game look phenomenal. 

• Thumbs Up 1

- The edge design of her dress is less conspicuous than from Brawl, and the chain link design at the bottom has been moved up, with white between it and the edge.

- The design on the cloth in the front is more multicolor, and less grandiose than before. The golden scale design above the cloth is thicker.

- Her ponytail is thicker at the end, and her two ponytails in the front have more white bands revolving around it.

All in all, another conservative shift for a veteran, but the changes made are somewhat less noticeable than usual, compared to the shifts from characters like Marth Peach went through.

Is it just me that thinks she looks younger a la, Skyward Sword-ish.

It seems they're also still making model adjustments to characters.

screen-5.jpg

DK has teeth here, but prior to this shot he never had teeth (looks like he's been brushing too they're certainly more white than they were in Brawl).  Even his character render still doesn't have teeth.

main.png

Though I must say Zelda's model looks stunning.  Her and Link are probably the two best looking character models so far.

Also, with regards to the ST Phantom, I personally think it's a new move.  If it were an assist trophy I feel that Sakurai wouldn't have shown it here, and instead revealed it in a pic of the day like he did Skull Kid.  In addition, this Phantom is pink and only Zelda's Phantom in ST was pink.  All the other generic Phantoms were grey:

300px-Phantom_Guard.png

The fact that her pictures show us pretty much nothing makes me wonder if they're giving her a complete overhaul

The phantom definitely points towards that if it's a part of her moveset