Awoo.

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U/3DS - Settle It In Smash!

Nintendoga

I actually hate that they just recycled Fox's Brawl look. They should have just gave him the classic 64 attire instead of keeping in the ugly look based off of Command.

It looks better than it did on Wii and I've gotten used to it, but I'm kind of disappointed.

What's wrong with that look? I like it better than the previous looks. 

I'm curious if you've ever played Command.

That game was fucking atrocious and has no right to be represented.

• Thumbs Up 3

I actually hate that they just recycled Fox's Brawl look. They should have just gave him the classic 64 attire instead of keeping in the ugly look based off of Command.

It'd be a tad counterproductive of them to redesign Samus' historically Super Metroid inspired design to the Other M counterpart and then bring Fox's design nearly twenty years into the past, wouldn't it? I know Star Fox 64 was released on 3DS but it's still just a port.

I'm really curious about the status of some of the older characters. It's safe to say that Olimar will be appearing in some form (likely a modified state to promote the new Pikmin title) and all of the original Smash cast will be back (Captain Falcon, Ness [or Lucas], Yoshi) - but where will the character drops come from? Brawl's additional roster? Lucario, Toon Link, Wolf (and others)? Most likely.

Anybody worried about Yoshi or Sonic's lack of an appearance need not be worried since they're both going to be there in some form to promote their upcoming titles. If we're going to end up losing a third party character, it'll likely be Snake, but it's also possible we'll gain one from Namco as well.

Also, Mega Man. So excited.

I wouldn't be surprised if the 3rd party characters went through a cycle of sorts. Konami and SEGA had their tun in Brawl, now let's bring Capcom and Namco for this, then if there's a next one, see what's popular among third parties at the time and experiment.

I'll be fine without Sonic. I got the new Smash 4 Badass Bowser to wreak havoc with.

Grandfather Clause dictates the Original 12 are staying, and since that stayed intact for Brawl, I see no reason why it should not play a part here. Earthbound is coming back to the Western market, and Pokemon Conquest and the newly-christened Fairy type is still keeping Jigglypuff in everyone's minds.

Sakurai made a point that he doesn't want to oversaturate his own game series in Smash, so I think DDD or MK will sooner leave then anyone else. Ike is likely to go the way of Roy, with Chrom taking his place. It's also possible that Marth could leave as well. Either Wolf or Falco have the possibility of getting the ax. Lucario's not relevant for much the same reason as Ike. ROB and GW filling a niche that may no longer be necessary, Pikmin 3 having new protagonists, Pit's standing with the big guns in the trailer countering the "Retro crowd" appeal that Pit joined the Ice Climbers for, there's a lot of ways to open up space for new characters.

Edited by Doctor Toadley

Captain Falcon & Yoshi are far too iconic to get dropped and Ness is undoubtedly returning with Earthbound coming out on the Wii U's eShop soon, though I could see Lucas getting the boot and/or becoming a 3DS exclusive (And if that happens I really hope that we end up with Pokey Minch to replace him in either situation)

Characters that I expect to get replaced are Lucario and Ike in favor of Mewtwo and Chrom respectively.

As far as character that I would just rather see gone, it'd have to be Toon Link, for being just another Link, ergo wasted time and effort that could've been used for a better Zelda rep, and Jigglypuff since his/her iconicity to the Pokemon franchise is little to none, unless, in light of the recent announcement of Jiggly becoming Fairy type, they manage to work moves from this new type into its moveset, but even then I would happily see it get replaced by Meowth, who thanks to the anime, has a guaranteed relevance to the franchise in some shape or form for as long as the anime continues

I wouldn't be surprised if the 3rd party characters went through a cycle of sorts. Konami and SEGA had their tun in Brawl, now let's bring Capcom and Namco for this, then if there's a next one, see what's popular among third parties at the time and experiment.

I was thinking this was a maybe too.. but I personally hope at least Sonic returns.

If this game had Mario, Sonic, MegaMan and PacMan, that would make for some insanely iconic mascot brawling.

Dropped wise I can see Toon Link, ROB, and possibly Snake going, and Lucario being replaced by a returning Mewtwo. He could be in his new form or that could just be his final smash, which I'd be okay with, sorta like Wario's just being more powerful for a brief period. Could definitely see one of the Fire Emblem reps going in favor of a new one.

I assume Sonic's coming back, especially with SEGA and Nintendo's partnership. It'd make sense for Nintendo to give Sonic as much exposure as possible seeing as they're the ones publishing the games. I don't think they'll ever drop the original 12, so I expect them all to return.

Pac-Man would most likely be how he is in World, so he wouldn't be too hard to incorporate.

If Pacman shows up they'll probably incorporate the new Ghostly Adventures version of him

If Pacman shows up they'll probably incorporate the new Ghostly Adventures version of him

Is that bad? I generally think that design is more appealing than the rather bland World design.

The design is ok but the show/gameplay may not be.

But it's PacMan and everyone knows it! And that's fine. PacMan is cool and beyond iconic.

I never said it'd be a bad thing :U

NG said that it'd be hiw World design but I swooped in for the correction. I much prefer the more Modern design

Iiiiiiit's RUMOR TIME. 

http://gematsu.com/2013/06/wii-fit-trainer-joins-super-smash-bros

"Last week, Gematsu was tipped off about Nintendo’s E3 character reveals for Super Smash Bros. But since we were unable to confirm the validity of our source, we refrained from posting the information. Of the six characters we were told would be revealed, three have been confirmed: Mega Man, Animal Crossing Villager, and Wii Fit Trainer. The three left remaining are Little Mac, Pac-Man, and your Mii."

Awwwwwww shit....

Edited by Wraith

I honestly think Sonic is almost guaranteed to come back. It's definitely possible that he won't be included, but given all the reasons people have already stated (the recent partnership, the Mario & Sonic games, Nintendo and Sega's history), I'd be surprised if he doesn't make a comeback. Plus... you know how many people would throw a shit-fit if he doesn't return? Nintendo can be stubborn as fuck sometimes, but honestly, I feel like they do listen to what fans want. Hell, Mega Man being in this game is a great example of that.

Yeah, not to mention that he was very wanted in Brawl by many people when Brawl was still being made. Just saying.

Anyway, I am excited for this game! Can't wait to see more characters announced.

Heh, Imagine Sonic vs Megaman vs Mario vs Pacman. EPICNESS OVERLOAD!!!

Also I think Megaman / Villager are not as fluid in animation in battle like the veterans, but its because Megaman mimics his classic game style, from jumping to running. So I believe its supposed to be like that. Same goes for Villager, he mimics the exact movemements of its animal crossing appereance, from the "looking up with hand in face while tapping foot" to the digging (but faster) plus its a really chubby body, you wont see as much movement as Link for example. 

• Thumbs Up 1

Pac Man will be alright if we still get Sonic. Dude would make the ensemble feel complete.

• Thumbs Up 2

I do not even remotely understand the hatred for Miis.

Nor do I understand Little Mac's inclusion.  Yeah, he's cool, but he's way past irrelevant.

I never liked Pac-Man so I honestly would not be fussed if he were to make it in or not. I'd rather see Taizou/Susumu Hori (Dig Dug/Mr. Driller) although he's nowhere near as iconic.

Nor do I understand Little Mac's inclusion. Yeah, he's cool, but he's way past irrelevant.

The same could be said about Pit by that logic.

Mii inclusion is cool with me. After all this waiting, I can finally play as Hank Hill in the new Smash.

• Thumbs Up 5

The same could be said about Pit by that logic.

Pit's game wasn't a remake, nor was it a cheap time waster.