Awoo.

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U/3DS - Settle It In Smash!

Nintendoga

I chalk Mega Man's lack of a smile up to Sakurai being completely serious when he said he wanted to go for the retro Mega Man as the model for this game.

megaman-sprite-by-psykhed.jpg

Not exactly all smiles.

• Thumbs Up 5

I really hate how serious Pit looks here, especially after Uprising. You'd think that he'd be smiling or smirking more instead of having a scowl on his face in every screen

Well it's just a couple of screen shots. Face work is usually one of the last details to get fully realized (going by previous game announcements). Sakuri even said before that demo that the visuals still have a long way to go. It also looks like a lot is being brought over from uprising so I wouldn't worry to much.

I'm liking the gameplay so far. Is it just me or does it seem like a lot of movements are coming back from the original. It looks a tad harder to actually get back on stage than it normally would be.

I too am surprised Skyloft is a "tour" stage.  It was already a floating island - basically tailor-made for being simplified down like Luigi's Mansion was, but with further detail in the background.

Edited by JezMM

Hopefully none. Give me some N64 stages dammit

Although no doubt there will be a bunch of returning Brawl stages...

Also, URGHHH F.L.U.D.D, why?

Also2: I really don't like stages like Skyloft and Delfino Plaza that move around an area, I'd rather they just crafted a section of the area into an arena.

Oh I meant Skyworld! whoops!:0

Also, if characters got  alternate skins (which I hope so.:P) Pit needs to have this as his alternate!

PitMeleeTrophy.png

After Brawl (and Melee to an extent), I'm pretty much expecting this game to take itself too seriously.

FBnDvIY.jpg

After Brawl (and Melee to an extent), I'm pretty much expecting this game to take itself too seriously.

> Expects game will take itself too seriously

> Roster's already confirmed Wii Fit trainer

• Thumbs Up 4

I love how bright and simple everything is! Much better than the dark, over textured look brawl had. And Donkey Kong looks way better here. One of my problems with Brawl was how dull and lifeless DK looked. MegaMan looks like he'll fit right in, gotta love that badass trailer.

Ok, I want to see Sonic and Bayonetta in this game, as well as Ryu from Street Fighter. So we'd have 2 SEGA guests and 2 Capcom guests. That would make my day :P

Just now noticed that Mega Man's Dsmash did 45% damage to Mario.

Ladies and Gents, Smash 4's "Melee Peach DSmash"

Brawl had Rob and Game & Watch, and it took itself too seriously.

Fuck, Mortal Kombat has goddamn Johnny Cage and Bo Rai Cho, look how it's tried to take itself seriously since Deception.

A lot of serious toned things have comic relief.

Edited by Solkia

They managed to turn R.O.B. into a fucking kamikaze or whatever that crazy shit was.

I also noticed that Mega Man didn't smile ONCE in his appearances, and he's generally a happy-go-lucky kid!

Eh? Mega Man's always been a serious kid. I'd find it odd if he did smirk in the middle of combat.

I also noticed that Mega Man didn't smile ONCE in his appearances, and he's generally a happy-go-lucky kid!

Mega Man 7

Bowser4.png  Fox4.png

Link4.png

Pika.png

Dk4.png

Really loving what the WiiU did with these classic characters. The update really helped them.

Edited by Sora

I want to hug Pikachu.

I'm supposed to fight you, stop being adorable dammit.

• Thumbs Up 2

Bowser4.png  Fox4.png

Link4.png

Pika.png

Dk4.png

Really loving what the WiiU did with these classic characters. The update really helped them.

I don't like Donkey Kong's fur.  It looks a little off to me.  The same can kind of be said about Fox's, but not to the same extent.

Everyone else looks fantastic though.  Beautifully textured, but not at the cost of their cartoonish nature.

Bowser4.png  Fox4.png

Link4.png

Pika.png

Dk4.png

Bowser looks better, Fox looks good, Link is a fucking handsome beast, Pikachu looks real nice, DK, i dunno. They could've calmed down with the fur a bit.

Link looks a lot better there than in the trailer with Megaman, something looked off, I think his eyes were too big and/or blue, but he looked really off in that vid to me :/

Glad they haven't changed Fox's design too much, I kinda like the command/assault look. I usually main Fox, wonder if he has had any move set changes, I doubt it but will see (please change the final smash though, I hate the land master)

DK, i dunno. They could've calmed down with the fur a bit.

Well, y'know, he's a gorilla. They're hairy motherfuckers.
  • Thumbs Up 3

I must admit looking back I'm not particularly impressed with the animations for the three newcomers.  They look rather sloppy and incomplete comparative to the veterans.  Villager and Wii Fit trainer's animations look rather amateurish whilst with Megaman despite trying to homage his classic NES games with the comparative lack of keyframes ala Wario or Game and Watch, his animations don't look entirely fitting of him.  Wario's wacky enough to get away with it whilst G&W kept with his 2D "sprite" look (even though it's not actually a sprite).  But Megaman looks like all the other characters.  They could've drawn reference to his classic moves but still made them smoother and more fitting.  It's a case of them trying to directly reference old 2D sprites but them not transferring particularly well.  I do like the little details of his arm cannon's opening up to release fumes after attacks like his DSmash however.

However, the vets still look very impressive.  Samus stood out to me in particular.  The couple of new moves they gave her (by the looks of it, redone FTilt and FSmash) look incredible.  This Samus just looks so much more dynamic than her past iterations so far.

Megaman Super Smash Bros. - IGN Rewind Theater

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4lVTXDTcqng

"Our Megaman experts geek out over the reveal of the Blue Bomber in the new Super Smash Bros."

IGN's analysis on Megaman's moves in Super Smash bros.

Edit:

Super Smash Bros. Developer Direct - E3 2013  

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pdfVCnB_IVo

Smash Bros. mastermind Masahiro Sakurai revealing his thought process and development behind the new Super Smash Bros. for Wii U/3DS.

Edited by Kareemadeem

I actually hate that they just recycled Fox's Brawl look. They should have just gave him the classic 64 attire instead of keeping in the ugly look based off of Command.

It looks better than it did on Wii and I've gotten used to it, but I'm kind of disappointed.

• Thumbs Up 1

Maybe he will be given other skins such as Starfox 64 3DS, considering that was fairly reccent.

Of course that's if alternate skins are even available