Awoo.

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U/3DS - Settle It In Smash!

Nintendoga

To be fair, PacMan really hasn't been "a great gaming mascot" since like...Ms. PacMan.

He's still iconic as hell.

Wasn't Sonic revealed before the delay though?

That doesn't really mean much of anything tbh-

I think if Sonic were to return, his moveset would definitely receive an overhaul. They're making other character tweaks, so who's to say they wouldn't for Sonic?

• Thumbs Up 2

He's still iconic as hell.

Pac-Man is like the English royalty of gaming.

Everyone knows who he is and he draws a crowd, but he doesn't do anything worth talking about these days.

Edited by Ridley
  • Thumbs Up 1

His point was that they didn't have enough time.

I'd say they did. It's more likely they didn't give enough of a shit to think up a good moveset for him.

I think it might be confirmed that Toon Link isn't being playable in the 3ds version of the game because he appears as a part of the Spirit Tracks stage(It's a train, Donkey Kong was beating up someone there).

I honestly wanted Skyward Link to appear.

This Link is slightly darker in palette and infinitely more handsome.

You gon' be okay?

• Thumbs Up 1

I'd say they did. It's more likely they didn't give enough of a shit to think up a good moveset for him.

They didn't even have enough time to put in more than one remix for his music dude, and that takes way quicker than programming and rigging a fighting game character.

Sonic's inclusion was very last minute, the evidence is absolutely everywhere and it was revealed in interviews too.

This Link is slightly darker in palette and infinitely more handsome.

You gon' be okay?

no!

There's no room for tears in Smash.

Only blood and sweat.

And WiiFit.

.... and U

I'm loving what I've seen so far. I've never even played Megaman, but his reveal trailer was just that good that I'm excited to try him out. The Villager is also great and omg, I lol'ed so much when they showed the Wii Fit Trainer. They're already off to a great start with the roster.

I'm not so crazy about the possibility of Pac-Man, Little Mac or the Mii but ah well. I do like the inclusion of the Punch-Out! arena though. I reaaaally hope that Sonic's in this, and that he gets a cool little trailer too. I guess he wouldn't necessarily get anything special since he's not new, but I'd love to see that. I wonder if Pokemon Trainer will return with new 'Mons... It would be pretty cool if they replaced the old trainer with the new girl from X and Y, adding more balance to the male/female ratio and looking good at the same time.

This is probably the game I'll be most looking forward to in the next year, especially if Sonic shows his cocky face.

They better have Wii Balance Board support.

"Tripping brought to an all-new level of immersion."

• Thumbs Up 4

I wonder if Pokemon Trainer will return with new 'Mons... It would be pretty cool if they replaced the old trainer with the new girl from X and Y, adding more balance to the male/female ratio and looking good at the same time.

This. So much win. Either that, or the female trainer from Black / White, with Snivy, Dewott and Emboar. (just cause I can see Emboar working more than Samurott and Serperior )

Talking of X Y girl with X Y starters, I hope the evolutions are great or decent c: wich is actually weird we havent seen em yet. Theyve been holding on to so much info, not that its a bad thing

They had like 3 months dude. You'd be surprised how much adding just one character fucks shit up. That's why, if actual character DLC happens, it takes like half a year for even just like 3 or 4.

Edited by Super Mario
  • Thumbs Up 2

Personally, I hope they stick with Ivysaur, Squirtle, and Charizard, although a different trainer would be cool. If they do give the Pkmn Trainer new 'mons, I'm hoping for the Gen III starters since they're my favourites. Don't judge me.

And honestly, if Sonic returns, they better give him better moves. The main problem for me was, he basically had two Spindashes. :| It'd be neat if the weird shockwave move Sonic has in 3DS Lost World was the new side special. Maybe even something older like Sonic Wind, or the Light Dash ... anything!

Personally, I hope they stick with Ivysaur, Squirtle, and Charizard, although a different trainer would be cool. If they do give the Pkmn Trainer new 'mons, I'm hoping for the Gen III starters since they're my favourites. Don't judge me.

And honestly, if Sonic returns, they better give him better moves. The main problem for me was, he basically had two Spindashes. :| It'd be neat if the weird shockwave move Sonic has in 3DS Lost World was the new side special. Maybe even something older like Sonic Wind, or the Light Dash ... anything!

The down special should be the bounce bracelet in the air(and maybe a jump that hurts when on ground followed by a bounce).

• Thumbs Up 1

Well I have to say that with the inclusion of the Wii Fit Trainer and the Villager, there is no reason for any other character to not have a shot at being represented and any excuse from here on out over a character not being able to be playable beyond the developer's decision is full of shit.

So there's hardly anything stopping someone like Ridley from being playable except for the developers themselves.

Sonic needs a decent dunk to go with that unholy recovery move of his. It would go a long way to making him competitive.

=So there's hardly anything stopping someone like Ridley from being playable except for the developers themselves.

Size? I might be derping a bit here, but is there anyone else as big as Ridley that has been scaled down to be playable? (We have seen them scale people up, but down?)

What I'd like to see is a trainer with a team pokemon of pokemon from all six generations. That would be sick and that way pokes from all six gens can't get some representation. Then again, it would make things complicated.

Size? I might be derping a bit here, but is there anyone else as big as Ridley that has been scaled down to be playable? (We have seen them scale people up, but down?)

This.

Tiny Ridley would look weird as fuck, and you can't use Bowser as an example, because he's Smash size more often than not.

I want Ridley, but he's just too big.  He's at least twice Samus's height and about ten times as long when he's down on all fours (his main position of conveyance), not including his massive tail.

Edited by Ridley

Sonic needs a decent dunk to go with that unholy recovery move of his. It would go a long way to making him competitive.

Pretty much all game incarnations of Ridley, he's at least twice the size of Bowser, including in Brawl, so he may be too big for Smash.

Let's not forget how freaking long his tail is too.

Edited by Dantemustdie00
  • Thumbs Up 1