Awoo.

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U/3DS - Settle It In Smash!

Nintendoga

I'd actually be fine with Zero Suit Samus looking like Other M's design.  Yeah the heels are a bit ridiculous, they can cut those, but I personally think the monoboob is much more visually... well, sense-making and slick than her apparent form-fitting boob pockets in the previous design.

Also shininess.

Also going by the lack of 3DS Screens for the Wii Fit Trainer, she's likely Wii U exclusive

I'll throw down the moon if this happens. Not because I necessarily want to play as WFT specifically, but because that would indicate that Villager is absent from the 3DS version. Which... wouldn't make sense at all considering.

I'd rather that the two versions had exclusive stages over exclusive characters.

Yeah I personally can't see them having different characters, that'd require a loooot more work.

Man I'm really loving all the detail in Mega Man's model and animations. Especially given his classic design is usually kind of just "kid in spandex"...they did a good job of adding some mechanical detail without losing the look.

• Thumbs Up 6

Random Thoughts Just So I Can Get My Feet in This Conversation:

The inclusion of Mega Man is a stroke of pure genius.  After watching a bit of Sakurai's video which details his attacks, I'm a bit worried about how he controls though.  I know he was never one for melee attacks on the NES, but he needs some form of defense in close range combat and all the attacks showcased in that video look really complicated to pull off.  I hope that's not the case.

The villager looks like it will control about as well as Olimir did in Brawl.  I know a lot of people regular him and he was a welcome inclusion in the game, but I never got a feel for him.  Suffice it to say, I probably won't be using him much.

Now for the most important character in the game:  I'm not going to lie.  The Wii Fit Trainer looks REALLY fun to play as.  Like, REALLY.  I have a feeling I'm going to be playing as her a lot.  Mr. Game & Watch was a fun little surprise in Melee, but a lot of people, to my knowledge, seemed to find him kind of boring to play as, so his inclusion wasn't nearly as welcome.  (To my recollection anyway; I tend to disagree as I really enjoy playing as G&W even though he's not my main character)

Now for the unpopular opinion:  I don't really have a problem with Samus' Other M design and wouldn't mind it if they used it verbatim in the game.  Other M was a bad game, sure, but it's not near the levels of Sonic '06 where everything was abysmal to include character designs.  The high heels are a bit ridiculous because it tries too hard to highlight her femininity (much like Other M in general) and in reality probably would only hinder her combat, but aesthetically, I think it pretty nice.

Everything about the rest of the game looks super as well.  I love the graphics, I love the animation, etc.  Everything looks pretty solid.  Still keeping my fingers crossed for Sonic.

Edited by Akito
  • Thumbs Up 1

6WZVUgG.png

Seems legit.

Oh my god that made me laugh so much

Wii Fit Trainer looks so awesome, I hope we get more totally out of nowhere characters like this. Brawls roster was quite bleh really.

Love the new art style, thank fuck the realism is gone, whatever made them go for that look in a freaking Nintendo crossover game is beyond me.

Now to pray for Adventure mode to be fun and we could be on to a winner.

Requests for Sonic start in 1...2... Oh they've already begun.

The game on both consoles looks absolutely gorgeous! I'm liking the cutscenes, hope they do this for every new character. Game looks fun to play.

I'll throw down the moon if this happens. Not because I necessarily want to play as WFT specifically, but because that would indicate that Villager is absent from the 3DS version. Which... wouldn't make sense at all considering.

I'd rather that the two versions had exclusive stages over exclusive characters.

Why would the villager be absent from the 3DS version? Animal Crossing has been particularly successful on portables, if not moreso than consoles from what I understand.

The inclusion of Mega Man is a stroke of pure genius.  After watching a bit of Sakurai's video which details his attacks, I'm a bit worried about how he controls though.  I know he was never one for melee attacks on the NES, but he needs some form of defense in close range combat and all the attacks showcased in that video look really complicated to pull off.  I hope that's not the case.

Most of his attacks work the same as any other character, as far as I can tell. He just has his buster instead of a jab and forward smash.

Not to mention the fact that he can still run and shoot gives him a decent advantage.

I love the art style for both the WiiU version and the 3DS version, I think both are great and play the each consoles strengths. It makes complete sense, as they explained in the video, to have the 3DS use a cell-shaded style because you're further back. Plus it's super pretty.

I also love the choice for characters and the redesigns for some, like Samus. The choice of having the WiiFit trainer in the game is great, funny and it's kinda cool to have another female character to choose from. I also adore the fact that they've added the Animal Crossing villager in, but I hope you get the be a girl too, like how you can switch between Samus in her zero suit and Samus in her variasuit.

Most of his attacks work the same as any other character, as far as I can tell. He just has his buster instead of a jab and forward smash.

Not to mention the fact that he can still run and shoot gives him a decent advantage.

Both true.  I didn't even think of the fact he could run and shoot.  He still looks like loads of fun to play as, I'm just wondering how he'll fare when he's cornered by someone who specializes in devestating, close-range attacks.

I'm assuming the WiiFit is replacing Picto-Chat?

Also speaking of Brawl stages, anyone wanna guess what stages will be returning? My bets are on Mario circuit and Skyworld and Bridge of Eldin. Perhaps Halberd.

Edited by Sora

I definitely like Wii Fit Trainer better as a joke character than Mr. Game & Watch. Not that I really disliked him, per se, but I could never quite come to terms with his whole look. It was a clever idea, but it felt sort of weird to actually play with.

...I'm no great Smash veteran, though; I'm sure if I played more than occasionally I'd have gotten used to it.

I don't like Mr Game and Watch at all. I find both him and his stages really annoying, so I'm more than happy for him to be replaced.

• Thumbs Up 3

I'm just wondering how he'll fare when he's cornered by someone who specializes in devestating, close-range attacks.

The same thing that happens to any character that gets cornered by a CQC expert. He'll either dodge or get roughed up.

These games have always been about owning the space and using a character within his/her key niche. If MegaMan is a ranged kind of guy, then keep him at a distance. No need to try and go toe to toe against the Fox's of the world. Not a lot of characters can do that anyway.

I actually main Game & Watch, he's a pretty great character

Me too, I love G&W, down with the hate!

If Sonic was better, I'd main him, but G&W is so damn fun to use.

Seems slower than Melee, but faster than Brawl, so this game appears to have reached a middle groun. And in one particular move from Megaman, Mario didn't move at all until he started falling. Maybe hitstun is back?

Pretty fun fight though.

Edited by Doctor Toadley
  • Thumbs Up 1

Mario vs. Megaman @4:15.

Seems faster in Brawl and in one particular move from Megaman, Mario didn't move at all until he started falling. Maybe hitstun is back?

Pretty fun fight though.

Video is private.

FUCK.