Awoo.

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U/3DS - Settle It In Smash!

Nintendoga

Mamma mia! Mario's not going to be happy when he sees today's pic...

spi4ig.jpg

I'm sorry Link, but your princess is in another castle is yet to be revealed!

On the plus side though... dat Peach face <3

EDIT: Sakurai's comment for it on Miiverse is "By any chance, are you hiding something from me?"

Hiding what? an erection behind his shield? 

Edit: my bad on the double post, thought it would merge with my old post.

Edited by jordine

Yay, that move that I can't ever recall learning how to properly utilize is back...? Was it ever all that useful?

Yay, that move that I can't ever recall learning how to properly utilize is back...? Was it ever all that useful?

Nope. It's also kinda tricky to do on anything that isn't completely stationary. Not that you'd ever really want to do it to begin with.

Footstooling decimate's Yoshi's recovery, opens up a whole catalog of follow-ups with Sonic's Spindash if he footstools during a Spindash jump, and can open up Jab Locks with certain characters.

Glad to see it's back. I thought that was a nice addition.

Edited by Joshua
  • Thumbs Up 5

It looks like Mario has forgiven Peach for her seductive antics yesterday, and now they're celebrating by jumping on other people's heads.

Getting some practice in for 3D World, clearly.

Can't see how they could make it easier considering that all you have to do to use it is be directly above someone and press jump.

I'm glad to see it back, though. It was a useful tool for edge-gaurding, especially against Yoshi and other characters with risky recoveries.

Edited by Red Cap-Blue Spikes

I love how Bowser's all splayed out like "OOOH, YOU PESKY PLUMBER!"

And Samus is just awkwardly crouched forward like "you fucking bitch i'll kill you"

Footstool jumping was extremely useful. What?

It actually is believe or not and im gonna tell you how!!!

1.when you and another player are trying to get back on a stage you can use that player as a jumping pad and not waste any jumps in the process, this is especially useful in trying to ruin their recovery because foot stooling leaves them immobile for a second or two which can make or break there recovery.

2.As said before, it is a good edge guard especially against characters with sucky recoveries

3. its a good way to troll people who try to get back up to the stage.

It's good for edge-guarding but a lot of characters have other, easier to use options. I just find it to be very conditional, and therefore unimportant. It's hard to land on opponents who know it's coming, and if you happen to whiff it, you're the one who just wasted a jump. And maybe this is just how I play, but whenever someone gets KO'd in Brawl, they're usually making contact with the sides of the screen. When a player is recovering from getting launched, they're usually too high up to use it on effectively, or they're a character with really bad recovery anyway. 

It's not completely useless, though. 

The game doesn't suffer from its addition, does it?

Then why not add it in?  Ain't hurtin' nobody, and it's a reference to Kirby Super Star and it's funny as fuck.

Good thing it's already confirmed absent.

I'd love to see it as an option though. Only an option that is set to "OFF" by default.

Edited by Dom

I'd love to see it as an option though. Only an option that is set to "OFF" by default.

Yeah I agree, or a special game mode where you trip a lot, added with sudden death mode for extra ridiculousness!

Yeah I agree, or a special game mode where you trip a lot, added with sudden death mode for extra ridiculousness!

Sudden Death, Flowers, Spicy Curry, Maximum Tripping, Bananas. Yes

• Thumbs Up 1

117ek1v.jpg

Fox reflecting Samus' charge shot in the Other M stage. Game looks quite nice.

Sakurai comment:

"The speed and power of Samus's Charge Shot has been drastically improved. However, that could potentially put her in danger on occasion."

Hopefully that's not all they improved.

Edited by Solly

It sure looks like it's faster. Fox is several feet away but the Charge Shot is already almost back at Samus and she still hasn't gotten over her cannon's recoil.

Just make it not kill at 200 and we're golden.

It sure looks like it's faster. Fox is several feet away but the Charge Shot is already almost back at Samus and she still hasn't gotten over her cannon's recoil.

Just make it not kill at 200 and we're golden.

I want to see it kill at 90-110% when fully charged against a lighter character.

I want to see it kill at 90-110% when fully charged against a lighter character.

yea... I remember the original game where 80 percent plus would kill someone with a charge beam.... good times.