Awoo.

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U/3DS - Settle It In Smash!

Nintendoga

glad to see Peach back. Shame none of these pictures show her turn-up (here turnip pull, inside joke between my friends and I....I know...it's bad XD)

They seem to be doing this "Hearts everywhere" thing with her again, so no explosive booty smashing this time around I guess. Kinda hope they change her Final Smash Up, it was pretty useless (situation depending of course) in Brawl.

Normally I'd agree, but unless it's normal for Peach to literally turn 180 in midair I can't think of a reason why she'd be facing away from the enemy for an Fair. It's a lot more telling when you realize that this tweening right out of her normal hovering pose that's been there since Melee.

In this game, symmetrical characters like Mario, Mega Man and Bowser are viewed from the same angle regardless of whether they're looking left or right. For example, in Brawl, Mario's front was facing the camera when he was looking right, but his back was slightly to the camera when he was facing left. That's different now. Mario's always facing the camera.

MEGA-MAN-MARIO-SMASH-BROS.jpg

Looking left.

iDK5Ndb80TtdQ.gif

Looking right.

This is not true of characters like Link or Samus, who hold weapons in one specific hand, and I don't know if it applies to the 3DS version of the game, but I think Peach's crown attack animation being different is compensation for this.

I really hope they change up Peach's Final Smash this time around. Her one in Brawl was kinda... ehhh. There's lots of potential for new ideas though - how about something based on her Vibe powers from Super Princess Peach? You wouldn't like Peach when she's angry...!

In other news, the princess approves of all the love for her on this forum:

SPP-Calm_Sprite_Animation.gif

• Thumbs Up 2

Meh, not that I didn't want to see Peach back but I would've much preferred any other character revealed at this point in time.  I mean, two characters who are not only returning but are from the same universe revealed one after the other?  That's kind of dull.

What is this talk about her looking dead? wasnt she like that already? *covers from incoming peach fan attacks*

No , but really, tongue.png she looks less "omgzsohappylolz" and more like a model, but isnt she all about being pretty? she looks more like her previous self in the game though, so no worries there.

Also I do love how she has a mix of M & S swimming oufit, her regular outfit and the detailed look of brawls model. I also really love the detail in her dress, the one she usually wears is so bland (not horrible, but bland) for a royal dress.

Also that ribbon thingie doesnt necessarily means its from M & S , also correct me if Im wrong, but isnt that ribbon thing like what Zelda does in her up B? or some other motion? or am I imagining things? 

This makes the 12th for character reveals more likely,  specially hoping for the next Pokémon character on X / Ys release date ~ ~

Edited by dabbido

This makes the 12th for character reveals more likely,  specially hoping for the next Pokémon character on X / Ys release date ~ ~

Smash Bros site doesn't update on weekends, and the 12th of next month is a Saturday.

BT8v09ACAAAsf72.png

Is it me or is Brawl's Peach kinda dull (color wise). Smash 4 Peach definately comes the closest to her Game counterpart aside from the extra dress designs, but the dress designs are more simplified compared to Brawl's Peach.

Brawl went for a duller palette in general over the whole game.  Remember, even for Wii, it was from the real-is-brown generation.

It didn't look bad, it was just a little more uniform to keep all the wildly different character colours and settings from clashing too much.  It seems this time they are embracing vivid mishmashes of colour, especially on the 3DS version.

Edited by JezMM

Yeah, this is definitely the best Peach has looked in Smash, as far as I'm concerned. She was probably the character who was hurt the most by Brawl's super gritty, detailed look; this is a good compromise.

I think this was a fair time to reveal her. Between Pokemon and Donkey Kong (and maybe Sonic), the next couple of months are probably going to be packed with new game-relevant character reveals. If there was anyone who made sense to get out of the way first, it's someone like Peach who was obviously going to be back no matter what.

I think people kinda overblow Brawl's "grittyness" and "realism", even compared game's released around the same time the game was still pretty damn colorful, id say more "detailed" is how id describe it when it comes to the character designs.

• Thumbs Up 1

So now that Mario's main four have all gotten a reveal, I wonder if we'll end up getting a new playable Mario Character revealed around the time of 3D World's release. Still hoping for Bowser Jr. if that's the case

Yeah, this is definitely the best Peach has looked in Smash, as far as I'm concerned. She was probably the character who was hurt the most by Brawl's super gritty, detailed look; this is a good compromise.

I disagree with this, I personally really liked the more elaborate dress design she had in Brawl.  It looked more regal.  If anything, I think she was one of the characters who looks the best in Brawl's art style.

Also, Brawl isn't super gritty.  Barring stages such as Mushroomy Kingdom it's generally not that gritty.  Just because it opts for a darker, less saturated aesthetic comparative to the previous Smash games doesn't all of a sudden mean it's gritty.  Heck in the grand scheme of things I still think Brawl is a fairly colourful game. 

• Thumbs Up 4

So now that Mario's main four have all gotten a reveal, I wonder if we'll end up getting a new playable Mario Character revealed around the time of 3D World's release. Still hoping for Bowser Jr. if that's the case

1232260-waluigi__mario_party_7_.jpg

Waluigi is #1

• Thumbs Up 6

The only gritty portion of Brawl was the two Mushroomy Kingdom stages, and even those stages were created soley for parody of the Real is Brown trope that purveyed the environments of many a game in the new millennium.

I wouldn't say Brawl was gritty relative to most games, but it had a bit more grit in its style than the previous two games, and more than some of the series represented in it.

• Thumbs Up 9

I'd personally say, while not "gritty" per se, Brawls art direction in general was pretty boring and bland to look at when compared to Melee and SSB4. I mean it's still nice yes, it's just not as eye popping and whimsical as the other titles imo.

Honestly I think Melee tried to start the more gritty trend, its just more glaring and obvious with Brawl's higher quality graphics. Melee looks a bit like an N64 game IMO, however its still more appealing than Brawl.  I'm glad they're taking the opposite direction in this one, this is the best style for Smash.

Anyway, Peach' rendering here looks really weird, she l

Looks like a plastic doll, its pretty weird when you look at that and then take a look at her in game. She looks much more lively ^^

Edited by Enderwoman

I liked Subspace, but I would've much rather have enemies unique to the game series rather than the Primids or whatever their called, as well as locations from their too.

I was really hoping the Smash World in Brawl would look like a true fusion of various Nintendo Worlds into one, but that didn't happened sadly. Would've like enemies like Space Pirates, Kremlings, the various Unit classes in Fire Emblem games, Bokoblins, Medusa's Underworld minions and even some wild Pokemon often used by evil teams like Houndoom, Golbat, Seviper, etc all working together to bring down the heroes.

Primids should've been saved for the last stage or maybe a couple of stages, but not every one personally.

That's just my thoughts through.

Edited by Dantemustdie00
  • Thumbs Up 2

YoshiloseMP8.png

Sakurai: Sorry Yoshi, but you'll have to wait a little longer for your appearance.

Yoshi: This is just not fair. Are you forgetting that I'm one of the original 12 veterans?

Sakurai: That may be true, but you're not the only one waiting to come back. Still, I'll be sure to get to you soon.

Yoshi: I hope so...

Itottalydidn'tstealthatfromadifferentform