Awoo.

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U/3DS - Settle It In Smash!

Nintendoga

Just thinking about clones, it's kinda sad that the one Star Fox character who wouldn't need to be a clone is Krystal, though for her to not be a clone they'd probably have to work from Starfox Adventures which I imagine Nintendo is quite happy to forget about.

Of course the majority of Fox's moveset was made up out of thin air so there's really no need for Falco and Wolf to be clones.  I can see one of them returning but not sure who.  I like Falco more as a character but Wolf is more justified since he handles very very differently to Fox.

Huh, I really didn't expect they'd keep him.

Well, I prefer both Toon Link's design and gameplay compared to regular Link anyway, so I can't complain. Makes it seem a bit less likely we'll get a new Zelda character, tho'.

Aww man...Don't tell me he has the same exact moveset as regular Link?

Well, that kinda makes Normal Link redundant now, Toon Link is gonna run circles around him.

Okay, theirs GOTTA be a Pokemon reveal coming up. Lucario, Mewtwo, Pokemon Trainer........Jigglypuff....possibly a new character?

Edited by Dantemustdie00

I'm just wondering if the character roster will be even larger this time due to the new hardware and I'm guessing extended limitations with the new console?

I'm just wondering if the character roster will be even larger this time due to the new hardware and I'm guessing extended limitations with the new console?

They've said it's gonna be limited due to the fact that they want the Wii U and 3DS rosters to be identical.

To be exact they said it is unlikely to be much bigger than Brawl, but have assured that the while they want the rosters to be identical, the 3DS one is NOT limiting the Wii U one in this regard.

Of course, could be a lie to not talk badly of the 3DS, but who knows.

• Thumbs Up 1

They do seem to be taking their time with the 3DS version, I don't think we've seen any additional stages for it yet pass the Reset Bomb Forest stage.

Huh.

Well that's shit, what the fuck, can't we not have 2 radically different content in similar games? Oh probably because we'll have the whole "Generations stage select" problem where either side will still feel left out that one version gets something over the other.

Didnt see that coming! Im a bit mixed on the good side, I liked him and used him a lot, and it was the main character for many people. The bad side, he has reused moves, so nothing new again another clone when we were assured we wouldnt be seeing them as much, AND this means regular Link will most likely be useless in comparison again. Hopefully theyll find a way to compensate and balance it.

Also according to my super fancy returning characters table, (yes its sarcasm) we can see that brawl has 3 returning characters, melee has 2 and almost the entire starting roster of the first game is back. minus Yoshi (and Luigi of the secret characters). I find it interesting that theyd reveal 1 more brawl character before a melee one. But then again Pits a special case since Sakurai made the latest game and showed him with the first characters and Toon link with WWHD´s release date.

returningandnewssbwiiu3ds_zps71983e4b.pn

I absolutely love Toon Link, considering Wind Waker is one of the only Zelda games I love, so I'm happy to see he made it into the HD Smash Bros.

• Thumbs Up 2

Not sure what to make of Toon Link's inclusion, really. Personally, I was hoping he'd get cut and replaced with Tetra, giving Wind Waker a rep and adding a character who'd be unique. I could just imagine her calling in the other pirates to bombard the stage with cannon fire. Ah well.

Well, Sakurai sure managed to prove me wrong on several things:

*No/Less clone characters (With this, I'm sure that not only Ganondorf will be back, but basically unchanged, same with Falco, and maybe even Wolf!)

*One character reveal per month

*Toon Link's exclusion due to his cameo as a Train Conductor in the Spirit Tracks Stage

I mean, I know this is the WW Link, who is a different Link than the ST Link, but they look identical aside the outfit. Kinda jarring. And yeah, this annoys me on a clone character stance, especially for the same reason others might be annoyed. He's probably going to be the blatantly-better-Link that Link-should've-been-like-to-begin-with.

I get that Normal Link is Taller, older, and Heavier than Toon Link, but he's been shown to be agile and athletic despite being weighed down by a sword and shield. And he definitely needs better jumping/recovery than he's had, because for the most part, once he's off the stage, he's as good as dead. At least in Melee he had the Hookshot grab that even latched onto walls, but I'm pretty sure it got nerfed in Brawl.

I think that instead of Ganondorf they'll use Demise(who is basically Ganon) I'm just hoping he'll have an original move set

I seriously doubt they'd cut the series' beloved main villain in favor of a one shot jerkbag.
But he is Ganon plus it looks like there going for the skyward sword link unless they use his wind waker look(please let him use swords)

But he is Ganon

He is and he isn't, and I'd say he isn't more than he is. You're not going to appeal to people's nostalgia and fondness for a character by including someone who is only technically/sort of that character.

plus it looks like there going for the skyward sword link

They kept Sheik even though TP didn't have a Sheik, so there's no reason they couldn't keep Gdorf even though he wasn't in SS.

Ya know. Now that I know Toon Link and Pit are in the game. I don't even care who else they decide to add. My MAINS made it. I'm happy. As long as they don't fuck these two up I'll buy a Wii-u just for the game.

Edited by Eternal EX
  • Thumbs Up 1

He is and he isn't, and I'd say he isn't more than he is. You're not going to appeal to people's nostalgia and fondness for a character by including someone who is only technically/sort of that character.

They kept Sheik even though TP didn't have a Sheik, so there's no reason they couldn't keep Gdorf even though he wasn't in SS.

Yup! Also... I feel like all those who been in Melee and Brawl? They will be back for sure. It would be weird to cut people who been in two of the 3 Smashes.

But he is Ganon plus it looks like there going for the skyward sword link unless they use his wind waker look(please let him use swords)
Except the design for Link in Smash 4 is clearly primarily based on TP Link. The colours are brighter is the main difference.

Except the design for Link in Smash 4 is clearly primarily based on TP Link. The colours are brighter is the main difference.

And the face, that's quite different as well. 

So I really do love Toon Link, and am honestly happy that he's back, but let's just hope that he ends up being the most clonish character to come out of the game. T.Link played vastly superior pretty differently to Normal Link's playstyle in Brawl, and he was/is becoming again another one of my mains. Though, he is pretty much just an alt version of Link, which kinda bugs me since, yes it does represent a different faction of the series, but they could've still used a totally different character to do that (like say Tingle). Plus, with him and Luigi both getting in, I am a tad worried that we may end up with more clones, though honestly, Brawl's clone problem wasn't that bad. There were only six of the buggers that are even remotely of note (Falco, Ganon, Toon Link, Lucas, Luigi, and Wolf), and we've got two of them in already.

I'd personally be fine with Wolf since he was only a clone because of his special moves (which still managed to be overall more different to Fox than Falco managed) and had a pretty unique arrangement of A moves, and if Star Fox has to suffer a roster cut because of their recent irrelevance, I'm really hoping it's Falco (because even ignoring the moves, Wolf is arguably a better rep for the series itself as a major villain). Ganon I would honestly hate to see gone, but he really needs to change things up, whether that mean forming an entirely new moveset for him, or possibly even changing up the character to say the Pig Demon from the classic titles or maybe even Wind Waker Ganon. Lucas I don't think was that offensive as a clone, sure his special moves were mostly consistent with Ness' own, and he had maybe a few standard attacks that matched up as well, but outside of Wolf he was probably the least clonish of the 4 we have left (Though if it came down to it, I'd be totally okay if another, more unique Earthbound rep came in to take his place, like say Pokey Minch or the Masked Man). Falco I normally find to be the worst due to how he generally is just Fox with feathers, with most of his moves being almost direct copies of him. 

So really, as long as this game doesn't end up spawning any extra unnecessary clones in any potential newcomers and Sakurai's team either shaves down on or rework the more offensive clones from the previous games, we should be mostly alright

I don't know what to think about it. I really love seeing Toon Link being back, but he is still a clone. I hope they stay at their statement and don't add not that many clones. But to be honest, Toon Link in SSBB was THE Link I wished to play as. If I have to choose which Link to cut, it will be non-toon Link. But we have to see and wait how SSB4 actually plays. Considering that it won't play exactly as SSBB.

Thinking about why they haven't use the ALBW Link instead of Toon. I think he would be more of a clone than Toon Link. Well, if they are using his art style. Using his ingame style would just look weird, if you ask me. Toon Link's cartoon art makes him less of a clone; I love his bomb explosion for example.

As for Luigi. If he plays like in his recent games(more sliding than Mario, higher/floatier) it would be pleasant, but won't bother me much if he hasn't. It's Luigi. He needs to be in this game! tongue.png

But seriously. I want that Sonic makes a return. Not because I'm a huge fan of him, but he just missed his opportunities in SSBB. Yes, Sonic is fast but I wish to be a bit slower in this game and more powerful. I just couldn't enjoy playing him in Brawl. He needs some more typical Sonic moves. Maybe the bouncing attack instead of this down kick.... More powerful spindash and homing attack.

..I don't know. But he needs more power if he is in again..!

I'm curious as to what stage will represent Wind Waker. Outset Island? Windfall Island? (3DS version will most likely have something for Phantom Hourglass  Never mind forgot about Spirit Tracks for a sec.:P)

As for Toon Link himself, I guess i can't really complain since I mained him in Brawl and love him just as a character. (i love that they are using the WWHD model of TL) Still, I wouldn't have minded his absence.

So we are most  likely getting four Zelda characters again. most likely the same four from brawl. If that's true, then that's really disappointing considering all the potential Zelda characters they could have used instead. But oh well.

Also, It's gonna be weird for Spirit Tracks Link to see his great great grandfather alive and young I bet! I wonder if playing as TL in the Spirit Tracks stage will do anything... 

Edited by Jake from State Farm