Awoo.

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U/3DS - Settle It In Smash!

Nintendoga

Today's pic:

H1RFhIx.jpg

Sakurai bringing the fetish fuel!

Also, you guys liked my Rosalina edit

so here's a fire Mario

lPv5yJR.png

c6f.png

Of course, WFT doesn't have a mustache, but the expression alone can work by itself.

• Thumbs Up 3

Clearly dropping coins down her butt.

(Psst w00tkins if you wanna you should make a Fire Peach outfit - I'd love to see that in the final game to reference 3D World).

Actually - and I don't expect them to go this far it'd just be neat - it'd be cool if more characters had a few minor model differences this time.  Sorta like how they went to the length to give Wario his classic outfit as a skin, giving Peach an optional ponytail in any costume would be cool.  I mean she wears it often enough in Mario games to justify the reference.

Edited by JezMM
  • Thumbs Up 1

I think characters should just have alternate costumes in general. If PlayStation All-Stars can do it then this game has absolutely no excuse. Multiple intros and outros for the characters would be cool too, honestly.

• Thumbs Up 1

There better be more playable females. I know Zelda is inevitable but just adding WFT is not the solution to the greater problem of Smash being a sausage fest.

Adding a female character doesn't help solve the problem of Smash having to few female characters?

Edited by Soniman

Adding a female character doesn't help solve the problem of Smash having to few female characters?

"There better be more playable females. I know Zelda is inevitable but just adding WFT is not the solution to the greater problem of Smash being a sausage fest."

I know that adding WFT trainer alone doesn't solve the problem entirely, but it does at least help somewhat.

All Prof J is saying is that WFT alone doesn't really make a difference and that he's hoping there are more.

I'd like to see more females represented, but I'm not all that fussed to be honest. The reason there's more male characters is cause they tends to be more of them with significant roles in Nintendo series. That's not really a problem if you ask me.

• Thumbs Up 1

As much as I doubt any chance of WayForward girlies appearing, I would adore Shantae as a playable character (She's Got The Moves for it), but with her home stage being a Mighty Switch Force stage, since that franchise is all about level design.

Today's picture loses points for not having Zero Suit Samus instead of regular Samus.

Now that would be the girl-on-girl-on-girl action we all want to see... ;)

/missedfanserviceopportunity

Today's picture loses points for not having Zero Suit Samus instead of regular Samus.

Now that would be the girl-on-girl-on-girl action we all want to see... wink.png

/missedfanserviceopportunity

It's because ZSS hasn't been announced yet. She is treated as a separate character essentially, so she'd be revealed separately, at a later date. And so far, excluding the game's announcement, they've only ever had one character reveal per month. Peach was September's, and a Pokemon character will likely be October's (unless it's Sonic but iunno, I think Pokemon would take priority).

It's because ZSS hasn't been announced yet. She is treated as a separate character essentially, so she'd be revealed separately, at a later date.

I know, I'm just saying, it would have been better if they held that one back until ZSS was revealed :P

Pokemon will absolutely take priority over Sonic; there's been so much Pokemon XY advertising for there not to be a final ad for it via a Smash reveal. The best time you can hope for a Sonic reveal would be in November/December, when the next M&S gane is out. And even then it will have to compete with a possible Diddy/Dixie reveal due to Tropical Freeze.

Most notable video game characters are male. Throwing in characters just for the sake of expanding the female cast is shitty game design. "Well this character's a female" is not a merit and should stop being treated as such. Talking about there not being enough females is sitll just as "sexist" as not having many female characters because at the end of the day you're still focusing on nothing more than the characters' gender. Maybe you should judge them on what they can actually offer to the game? No? Is it just me who thinks this?

Then maybe there should be more notable female game characters so that people can have more of them in Smash? I don't get why this is something that people are up in arms about. People want them for a variety of reasons, one of those facts being that half of all gamers are female and would certainly like more female characters to play as rather than being forced to identify with male ones all the time. What few female characters there are in games are typically used as eye candy for a male audience whereas males (and males only) are expected to identify squarely with the big, tough male leads.

There is nothing sexist about wanting more female characters in games and this line of thinking is absolutely ridiculous. Yeah of course it's about the gender... What the hell do you think it's supposed to be?

You wanna know what I find sexist? What's sexist is telling us to deal with it.

• Thumbs Up 3

Can I say that I want Captain Syrup because she's cool and not because she's a chick?

I mean, more Wario is like, in ALL SITUATIONS a good thing.

'Cept maybe an orgy.

...especially an orgy.

I don't really want to sound jerkish for this (and in fact I probably shouldn't say this at all) but it seems kind of pointless to add in a female character just for adding one in to balance out the ratio I mean this is nintendos and honestly the majority of there really good characters are there male ones I mean if this was another companies games like platinum they could add in a good amount of cool female characters that actually matter a bit more (like bayonetta or silvia) than just balancing out the gender ratio I mean heck I don't even really like peach despite the fact that she has some pretty good combo potential in game but I just don't like the girl cause she has never really been a good female character to me nor a likeable one but im not gonna complain that nintendo keeps using her, I just don't like her.

That's not to say that nintendo doesn't have some good cast of female characters locked away somewhere (like palutena) but they honestly just don't have that many that are really even that great.

Smash lacking an adequate amount of female Nintendo characters to represent isn't a problem with Smash itself; my beef lies with the industry and how there's a scathing lack of iconic female characters in the first place. Regardless, there are still people who would love to have more female characters in this game and considering I can think of a good few female characters I'd love to see myself, this is not a farfetched wish by any stretch of the imagination. Having a balance would be impossible, but I'd still like to see more of them.

• Thumbs Up 5

Speaking of I thought it'd always be neat to through Tetra into the fray. Not sure if the Zelda representatives would start to get too much, but I thought she was awesome and different enough to maybe have her own pirate themed set up of attacks. I'm sure people would kill each other over it, but also maybe the possibility of replacing regular Zelda with Toon Zelda and have the Sheik alternative be Tetra *shrugs*.

Even more fodder for ripping people's heads off, there's always Krystal :U. Personally I think she'd /actually/ have a unique moveset out of the Star Fox characters, though she seems to be on a very love/hate stance with Nintendo fans, so not sure XD.

• Thumbs Up 3

I'd like to see the All-Purpose LinkTM that we already have, Toon Zelda/Shiek, TP Ganon (or maybe even old trident Ganon), and Skull Kid.

Four generations of Zelda covered with four characters.  Bada-bing.

Edited by NOPE

If Toon Link played totally different to regular Link I'd be totally cool with the 'Toon' Zelda world being represented completely separately to regular Zelda stuff. But he didn't so I wasn't.

Just like I'd be totally fine with Paper Mario being a separate character if he played like, well, Paper Mario and not regular Mario.

I'd actually prefer a "Classic Link" that concentrates on using older Zelda weapons and such, like the sword that shoots beams when your health is full, fire/ice rod, pegasus boots, roc's cape, and so forth.

Having the Smash Bros. Link use the really boring boomerang/bow/bomb thing has gotten really stale for me, and kinda wish they'd use the more imaginative weapons for his arsenal.

• Thumbs Up 3

I'd love to see a Zelda based on her appearance in the first Legend of Zelda. Instead of changing into Sheik or Tetra as her alt-form, she could be suddenly replaced by her prettier ancestor~