Awoo.

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U/3DS - Settle It In Smash!

Nintendoga

Oooh! Bringing back the patented Luigi flutter jump. That's a nice throwback to his jump in Super Mario Bros. 2.

Edited by Scheming Minor

I guess there getting this animation from the Super Luigi Wii U game along with Super Mario 3D World.. (Course the classic Mario Brothers 2) This makes me very happy....  I hope they change his Final Smash to something related to his Luigi Mansion games.... vacuum cleaner anyone?

I guess there getting this animation from the Super Luigi Wii U game along with Super Mario 3D World.. (Course the classic Mario Brothers 2) This makes me very happy....  I hope they change his Final Smash to something related to his Luigi Mansion games.... vacuum cleaner anyone?

I hope they change everyone's Final Smash to an extent, some are overpowered compared to others. Some attacking full screen and some attacking in one small area and etc.

F-flutter jump? Is that you?

Be still my beating heart.

Flutter...? But he's not a Yoshi. I don't think Luigi's was ever named, I always called it a scuttle.

Edited by Chrononego

Flutter...? But he's not a Yoshi. I don't think Luigi's was ever named, I always called it a scuttle.

It's definitely a flutter.

In any case, what's in a name?

It's definitely a flutter.

In any case, what's in a name?

It's called scuttle in SM64 DS and, I think, a few other games.

So that actually is the more appropriate name for it. The flutter jump is Yoshi's move, as Chrononego said, and it functions differently. 

I hope they change everyone's Final Smash to an extent, some are overpowered compared to others. Some attacking full screen and some attacking in one small area and etc.

That and some of them are flat-out useless, like Kirby's. 

Edited by Solly

Well Samus's Final Smash doesn't look all that different aside from, looking at the trailer, being faster to move up and down. So that tells me some of the Smashes may just be like Brawls, but slightly modified. I'm still curious as to what Villagers FS will be...

That and some of them are flat-out useless, like Kirby's. 

While it may not be an instant kill, if you can land Kirby's Final Smash, it can be quite damaging, plus the knock back afterwards is pretty big if there's enough damage on your percentage.

Oh yeah, and invincibility frames too.

Edited by Goldenlink64

While it may not be an instant kill, if you can land Kirby's Final Smash, it can be quite damaging, plus the knock back afterwards is pretty big if there's enough damage on your percentage.

Oh yeah, and invincibility frames too.

But it can be dodged easily.

True, but it's still really annoying since you can't attack whoever's using the Final Smash until like, a whole 10 seconds past and he loses his invincibility.

Well, that and I could never quite figure out the timing to dodging it too...

If Pit doesn't get one of his Armors or Kirby doesn't get Ultra Sword or another Ultra move, I'm gonna be a little mad.

I dunno, as a supermove Crash always seemed more iconic than any of the Ultra moves - I'm honestly surprised that's not what Kirby got the first time around. That being said I wouldn't mind if Dedede aped Ultra Hammer for his FS, if only because his current one is bloody horrible.

I'm still curious as to what Villagers FS will be...

They already showed it off in her reveal trailer:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lBoL1Ic9uWw

0:40 mark, in case you missed it the first time.

I dunno, as a supermove Crash always seemed more iconic than any of the Ultra moves - I'm honestly surprised that's not what Kirby got the first time around. That being said I wouldn't mind if Dedede aped Ultra Hammer for his FS, if only because his current one is bloody horrible.

They already showed it off in her reveal trailer:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lBoL1Ic9uWw

0:40 mark, in case you missed it the first time.

didn't he say.... Villager? Not WFT?

• Thumbs Up 5

didn't he say.... Villager? Not WFT?

He almost had me excited.....

also when you put WFT for Wii fit trainer I read it out loud saying "not What the fuck" then realized What you said.

• Thumbs Up 1

A part of me wishes we got LTTP Link instead, but I'm fond of WW Link so I'm pretty happy to see that he's sticking around.

UmZjeB1.png

That puts the whole "One character a month" theory to rest. Peach was unveiled 2-3 weeks ago, but we have Tink here advertising WWHD in Japan.

Doesn't necessarily confirm that reveals will be tethered to game releases though, because, again, Peach was revealed last. But if Peach was the exception to the rule, expect a Pokemon reveal next for XY, and, with any luck, Sonic three weeks later to correspond with Lost World. oh god is that why the game got delayed a week

Edited by Joshua

Toon Link is my favorite character to use in Brawl, and my favorite out of any Smash Bros. game for that matter, so glad and excited that he is returning!
  • Thumbs Up 2