Awoo.

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U/3DS - Settle It In Smash!

Nintendoga

Absolutely gotta be a Galaxy stage.  The lighting style matches exactly and the fact that Sakurai even points it out is next to solid evidence.

• Thumbs Up 1

There's no way that isn't a Galaxy stage and I can't wait. Time to finally make up for Brawl not having one based on it.

EDIT: Then again it could be what Mando said. Hmm...

Edited by Mykonos

Ummm been thinking about it more, and its extremely likely its a Kirby Stage, otherwise why use Kirby and his artstyle as a teaser?

Edited by Mandobardanjusik

Ummm been thinking about it more, and its extremely likely its a Kirby Stage, otherwise why use Kirby and his artstyle as a teaser?

It's not his art style though, it's totally Mario Galaxy style.  No Kirby game with 3D graphics has had that distinct lighting style.

It's obviously a Galaxy stage. The white lighting around Kirby is a dead giveaway.

Not sure which are it is, though. Might be a tour like level, where you're flung from galaxy to galaxy, similar to how Mario travelled from planetoid to planetoid.

Edited by MarcelloF

I'd say that we're pretty much guaranteed to get a Galaxy stage regardless, so it doesn't really matter if that particular picture is showing it off or not. 

I'd also say that the most likely setting for a Galaxy stage is the Comet Observatory, or perhaps a combination of the Observatory and Starship Mario.  The hub levels are pretty much guaranteed to be the most recognizable locations in their respective games.

Possible Galaxy stage and Mario's still sporting the Fludd? What is Nintendo doing lol

same thing they did when they gave Mario the Cape in Melee, even tough it hasnt been seen in a Proper since Yoshi's Island (not counting cameos and e-reader DLC)

tough I would Love to see a Luma pop out of Mario when he finishes the Mario Tornado.

• Thumbs Up 4

I just now realized that the end of Kirby's Hammer doesn't have the signature star design that it had in Brawl or Melee.

Unfinished model? Lighting? Glitch? Something else?

Even with a uniform hitstun increase Sonic would still be pretty damn mediocre in Brawl. The problem with him outside of not being able to kill is that despite being Sonic the vast majority of his moveset is slow, easily punishable and linear as hell. There's little to no point in having both Spin Dash and Spin Charge and his Homing Attack sucks.

agreed, only thing Sonic really going for him was that he ran the fastest. That homing attack start-up and recovery were horrible. Personally I liked what they had going for Sonic in Project M about 2 or 3 updates ago, before his spin charge became weird. Being able to jump out of a spindash and follow up immediately with a homing attack (or any attack really) was so goooooooooood

Edited by LunarEdge

Has it been explained  or discussed if whether or not Megaman and WFT's stages in the 3DS version will be the same as the Wii U counterpart?

That's actually a really good question.  I'm pretty sure Wii Fit wasn't on handhelds at all, and Mega Man wasn't really known for his handheld games, though he did have them.  It's hard to say what they'll do.

It'd be Mega-neat if the 3DS MegaMan stage was based on the Zero or ZX or even EXE series.

I know they seem to have a Classic focus but they got all sortsa eras on other characters (Link comes to mind) so I dunno I think it's possible.

Zero 2 stage with Departure as the stage theme pls.

Dayym.

• Thumbs Up 2

It'd be Mega-neat if the 3DS MegaMan stage was based on the Zero or ZX or even EXE series.

I know they seem to have a Classic focus but they got all sortsa eras on other characters (Link comes to mind) so I dunno I think it's possible.

Zero 2 stage with Departure as the stage theme pls.

Dayym.

I think you got an idea there.... a pretty damn good one

• Thumbs Up 1

Hey guys! What if they used something from MegaMan Le-....oh yeah....D'=

An unfinished MegaMan level for the 3DS version perhaps? :P

They could even name it "Cancelled"!

• Thumbs Up 1

Legends was on the 64. So it isn't too farfetched.

For the 3DS version it kind of is. Nintendo is mainly going for handheld history for the 3DS version. Had Legends 3 been made, Legends would have had a better chance.

There's Battle Network, which I certainly wouldn't mind seeing represented. Other than that, they could certainly reference Mega Man V since that's the best received of the GB games.