Awoo.

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U/3DS - Settle It In Smash!

Nintendoga

Hoping for a Bowser's Castle stage. Unfortunately it'll probably be part of the 3D Land stage instead which really sucks

And I'm really pissed about the Pyrosphere. There's more to the Metroid series than fucking lava, so why is every Metroid stage so generic?

Edited by Blitz 'n Burst

I think the most memorable locations in Other M for me were the fake outdoorsy place with the tower where the first guy gets killed (mainly coz I was stuck on that find the blue's clue looking around puzzle for ages lol) and the "real" final boss in the epilogue.  Either of those locations would have been nice.

Hoping for a Bowser's Castle stage. Unfortunately it'll probably be part of the 3D Land stage instead which really sucks

And I'm really pissed about the Pyrosphere. There's more to the Metroid series than fucking lava, so why is every Metroid stage so generic?

For this stage? Because Ridluh.. For the other stages? I have no idea.

I raise you with the MegaMan Battle Network 5 Battle music.

Dang that's catchy.

But seriously, I think we can all agree that MegaMan is a complete goldmine for not just moveset potential but music potential. And I also hope we can agree that limiting MegaMan's Smash music to just the classic series would be, while fair, a crying shame!

• Thumbs Up 1

Agreed with that, I gotta admit that if they don't at least cash in on some of the BN and zero series music I will be deeply ashamed especially since classic probably has the least of my favorite tracks in it.

• Thumbs Up 1

I raise you with the MegaMan Battle Network 5 Battle music.

Dang that's catchy.

But seriously, I think we can all agree that MegaMan is a complete goldmine for not just moveset potential but music potential. And I also hope we can agree that limiting MegaMan's Smash music to just the classic series would be, while fair, a crying shame!

you know what else is catchy.... the DS title's Battle Music (MMBN5: DOUBLE TEAM DS) such a good remix. But yes, the Battlenetwork series has quite a history on Nintendo's Handhelds, seeing how all of Battle Network, MMZ and Starfroce were on a Nintendo Console, I don't see why they won't use any content from them. Or at least a man can hope

• Thumbs Up 1

Peach looks like she'd be right at home with a Barbie doll lineup.

But she also makes the "Less is more" approach work. She appears a lot better than her detailed Brawl persona.

screen-5.jpg

Her up tilt has a new effect on it. Besides that I'm not sure what's different, but we'll have to see.

That's the posture for her Upsmash, not the Utilt. And it looks like the effect is reminiscent of the Ribbons from the Ribbon Dancing events at the M&S Olympic Game series.

marioandsonicatthelondon2012olympicgames

Peach's Utilt remains the same, albeit with a sassier posture.

screen-8.jpg

Edited by Joshua

Extra dress details again? Hmmm not sure if I like, not just because they have no canon grounds but because I actually think they make Peach look less like Peach.

...If that makes sense??

That's the posture for her Upsmash, not the Utilt. And it looks like the effect is reminiscent of the Ribbons from the Ribbon Dancing events at the M&S Olympic Game series.

Peach's Utilt remains the same, albeit with a sassier posture.

Yeah, I flubbed that. I know what move it is, I just wrote tilt for some reason. :V

screen-3.jpg

Say, is that a completely new Bair I see there?

It looks more like her F-air to be honest. It'd be kinda weird if they gave her two air crown attacks.

I'm just amused how they've seemingly cottoned onto the fact that people abuse the snapshot camera to look up Peach's dress, and then presumably as a result, they've made her show off a little bit of leg in her character render to appease the fanservice-seekers. Nothing like a bit of princess ankle to get the punters buying a Wii U!

Sakurai, you dirty boy.

• Thumbs Up 6

It looks more like her F-air to be honest. It'd be kinda weird if they gave her two air crown attacks.

Normally I'd agree, but unless it's normal for Peach to literally turn 180 in midair I can't think of a reason why she'd be facing away from the enemy for an Fair. It's a lot more telling when you realize that this tweening right out of her normal hovering pose that's been there since Melee.

...of course I guess I might be acting a little pedantic over this. =V

You can hear the "Toad for SSB4" crowd seething in rage in the back.

We already know there's more than one Toad when all is said and done, so I certaintly couldn't complain if another one was playable regardless. Hell, just use the blue one from NSMB or SM3DW if we have to justify it.

I REALLY don't like her face in the main render and a few of the screenshots.  I hope that isn't finalised because she looks dead inside with her neutral expression.

But the rest looks all good, loving these new animations.  I think the dress is a good middle-ground between her regular dress and the hyper-detailed look of Melee and Brawl.  I'm gonna be honest I hate how boring and basic her dress is in the Mario games even though they completely fit in with the simpler aesthetic there.

I think the corset look on top but EXTRA floaty dress down below gives her a way more interesting body shape.  Her official Mario design is just a little plain.  But uhh... don't take my opinion too much I just like lady shapes.  8C

Dang she's a babe.

Her face does look a bit dead compared to Melee or Brawl but I'm sure we'll get used to it, it's tough to try and find a balance between the classic Mario look and the more realistic Smash look, though it works well for Mario and Bowser.

That's all 4 Mario characters from Brawl revealed already! Anything from here on out is a surprise, and I don't think there's much worry of Yoshi, Diddy and Wario being dropped. As for Toad, they could easily still make Blue Toad playable. He seems to be "replacing" Toad as the main Toad.

Alsooo I think it's worth pointing out that character reveals seem to occur around the 12th of each month, definitely seeming like less and less of a coincidence every time it happens.

Edited by SuperLink

Alsooo I think it's worth pointing out that character reveals seem to occur around the 12th of each month, definitely seeming like less and less of a coincidence every time it happens.

Well if that turns out to be true... hey, isn't there some little known game getting a simultaneous worldwide release on 12th October? Something about pockets... and monsters... and chromosomes... I bet we hear something about that!

Well if that turns out to be true... hey, isn't there some little known game getting a simultaneous worldwide release on 12th October? Something about pockets... and monsters... and chromosomes... I bet we hear something about that!

Pockets.. monsters.. chromosomes.. bananas... DIDDY KONG!?!?!?

• Thumbs Up 6

Somehow, with their new HD console, they managed to make Peach look even MORE plastic.

Her render was just weird, just creepy. But her in-game self is super. Peach was my top 5 characters i'm best with and I'm glad I can bitch slap players again! Now in HD!

That's all 4 Mario characters from Brawl revealed already! Anything from here on out is a surprise, and I don't think there's much worry of Yoshi, Diddy and Wario being dropped. As for Toad, they could easily still make Blue Toad playable. He seems to be "replacing" Toad as the main Toad.

Well her moves are still not 100% her moves for now is just to show her off today so it's possible they might drop the toad move.

But If they used the colored toads. I kinda wish they used their personalities from the galaxy series. Blue toad had the glasses right?

If our blue hero is in the game. I have a feeling he won't be revealed around the time of lost world being released.

Edited by jordine