Awoo.

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U/3DS - Settle It In Smash!

Nintendoga

Dear Sakurai, get the stick out of your ass and experiment. KTHX.

I don't see a problem with that though. It's a Nintendo video game history celebration. You may as well ask Goku and Naruto to be in it.

(also Sakurai is one of the best directors in gaming, period, so he definitely doesn't have any sticks up his ass)

Edited by SuperLink

Smash is still a game about Nintendo first and foremost. They've got no reason to betray that and go through all the extra headaches of sorting things out with other companies just because you want some utterly random characters to show up.

• Thumbs Up 4

Smash is still a game about Nintendo first and foremost. They've got no reason to betray that and go through all the extra headaches of sorting things out with other companies just because you want some utterly random characters to show up.

UTTERLY RANDOM!? HATESUNE MIKU IS NOT UTTERALY RANDOM! They wouldn't be betraying anything, there is nothing wrong with branching out for a third party character. >_>

Edited by Noel

UTTERLY RANDOM!? HATESUNE MIKU IS NOT UTTERALY RANDOM! They wouldn't be betraying anything, there is nothing wrong with branching out for a third party character. >_>

I'm pretty sure he meant that Smash is primarily a Nintendo franchise and it should stay that way with third parties kept to a minimum.

It's a game celebrating Nintendo's history.

It's like if Sonic Generations randomly had a level based off Dragon Ball Z.

This is the first I am hearing this thing about celebrating Nitnendo's history. Last I checked it was just a party fighter and nothing more than that.

/People taking me serious again lol

Edited by Noel

Gotta love how deadly serious everyone is about characters.

I got Brawl JUST FOR Sonic. Because I could barely care about anyone else on the roster.

Gotta love how deadly serious everyone is about characters.

I got Brawl JUST FOR Sonic. Because I could barely care about anyone else on the roster.

I don't see the point of coming into a thread and bragging about how you don't care about the topic people are discussing but ok.

Edited by Wraith
  • Thumbs Up 3

Sounds like a waste of money.

Hey I was a kid lol.

I don't see the point of coming into a thread and bragging about how you don't care about the topic people are discussing but ok.

I don't think you got my point.

But I suppose in a way you guys are right that it is a Nintendo franchise first and foremost. I'm just being a bit of a fantard at the moment. Ignore me :P. Though it would be nice to see an extra in a game like that one day. Maybe Sega should do their own brawler, that'd be cool. 

Am I the only one who wants to see Wreck-It Ralph as a newcomer? Pacman would also be nice...his final smash could be turning the stage into the Pacman maze, and all the other fighters have to run through it as Pacman chases them through it, trying to bite/eat them.

Am I the only one who wants to see Wreck-It Ralph as a newcomer?

Same here, but realistically I see it unlikeley since he does go against the "must originate in a Video game" rule, and also since the only connection to nintendo he has is appearing next to Bowser in the Movie.

He would be a cool character to have in Smash, but its probably not gonna happen.

Edited by Mr. NinjaShark

Adding a character from a non-videogame franchise just opens the floodgates for more retarded requests all over the place when people genuinely believe any random joe stands a chance of making it in. It's already bad enough that we have third party requests out the ass that on a fundemental level make no fucking sense whatsoever.

Or do I have to link that list I made based off the ones I saw on Miiverse again?

• Thumbs Up 2

And Ichigo, and Naruto....third party may have been the worse thing to happen the series.

Even before brawl, I saw shit like "Goku should have been in melee because hes anime like pikachu"

Edited by Wraith

Mario had a cartoon series made by DIC Entertainment.

Inspector Gadget had a cartoon series made by DIC Entertainment.

You know what to do, Sakurai.

• Thumbs Up 1

Mario had a cartoon series made by DIC Entertainment.

Inspector Gadget had a cartoon series made by DIC Entertainment.

You know what to do, Sakurai.

Jaleel White Sonic confirmed for Smash.

Captain N baby!

Him and Simon Belmont to complete the Team.

Edited by Dantemustdie00

And Ichigo, and Naruto....third party may have been the worse thing to happen the series.

if you ask me, it's probably the best thing to happen to the series. Retarded request aside, all it does is build hype for the game. I know people who are getting a Wii U just for smash because Megaman is in it, same happened with my friends with Brawl and Sonic.

if you ask me, it's probably the best thing to happen to the series. Retarded request aside, all it does is build hype for the game. I know people who are getting a Wii U just for smash because Megaman is in it, same happened with my friends with Brawl and Sonic.

True, but imagine how much mail Sakurai gets requesting "character x"

True, but imagine how much mail Sakurai gets requesting "character x"

He probably got that to begin with with Nintendo characters. Not like it's eating away at the intergity of the product (aka the game) itself. The only time I can see 3rd party inclusion affecting anything in game is when Sonic was added last second and played like ass. Given, he wasn't a bad character, but he was one of the worse competitively speaking.

Edited by LunarEdge