Awoo.

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U/3DS - Settle It In Smash!

Nintendoga

I would rather have Simon Belmont over Snake, simply cause the Castlevania series has much better ties with Nintendo than the Metal Gear series.

That and it would be another Captain N character...as long as he doesn't look like that version..

• Thumbs Up 1

If he's in, I think it'll be basically this:

Simon-FDS.png

Hmmm.....I think they would choose his Castlevania Chronicles Appearance personally, Konami seems to have settled on Red haired Simon for his current appearances now, 

Simon gotta stop dying his hair.

jqpdf9.jpg

I've got your nose.

I think Professor Layton has a legitimate shot of getting in compared to those two. I mean, he's been practically a Nintendo handheld exclusive from the get go sorta like Wright, and if I'm not mistaken, Nintendo does some of the publishing for Level-5 over in the west with his games. With both Azran Legacies and Layton x Ace Attourney coming stateside soon, he's pretty relevant at the time, and I'm pretty sure that his games have been pretty popular and successful all around. Plus, I would really love to see what Sakurai would do with his moveset though, although he does have some sword training, it'd be really cool to see how he'd mix in more puzzly aspects into his fighting style. 

I could literally say all of this about Wright, except for the Nintendo-publishing bit, but I really don't think that's relevant since it's just outside of Japan.

Ace Attorney vs Layton kinda features Phoenix too, and Ace Attorney Dual Destinies is coming stateside soon as well. I don't really see what gives Layton a significantly bigger chance. Not that either of them have good chances, period, nor would I mind seeing Layton.

• Thumbs Up 1

Hmmm.....I think they would choose his Castlevania Chronicles Appearance personally, Konami seems to have settled on Red haired Simon for his current appearances now, 

Simon gotta stop dying his hair.

Oh God, hopefully not! That one is awful. Just give his original design the red hair..

Just saw this posted on NeoGAF, posting it on the off chance that it's accurate.  Spoilering for people who don't want to bother, or don't want to risk actually spoiling themselves if it turns out to be true.

RUMOR

Hope I'm not screwing this up in some way.  I don't usually do this.

cIRXndR.jpg

jqpdf9.jpg

I've got your nose.

Is that a loose strand of cloth/material hanging off the side of Luigi's hat.

The details in this game. <333

Edited by Joshua

Just saw this posted on NeoGAF, posting it on the off chance that it's accurate.  Spoilering for people who don't want to bother, or don't want to risk actually spoiling themselves if it turns out to be true.

RUMOR

Hope I'm not screwing this up in some way.  I don't usually do this.

cIRXndR.jpg

>/v/

Yeah, okay. I don't trust it.

I highly doubt this, but if it's true that means tomorrow will be interesting. It's kinda weird how incredibly specific he was, especially with the artists he mentioned.

Edited by Red Cap-Blue Spikes

Is that a loose strand of cloth/material hanging off the side of Luigi's hat.

The details in this game. <333

I think it might be a leaf.  There's no stray strand here on Luigi's hat for example, and there are leaves to the right of the picture:

screen-2.jpg

Unless it's some kind of battle damage thing?

Huh. This rumour almost certainly ain't a thing, but I typed some words:

I'm totally cool with getting an Other M stage (I prefer to think of it as Smash making Other M marginally less terrible by association, kind of like Crisis City in Generations), but... this means Zero Suit Samus is gonna have the heels, doesn't it? Bleugh.

I've said my piece about why Palutena wouldn't be my first choice, but I'd still be pretty okay with her showing up. She's a good character, and Smash needs more girls.

Skyward Sword Zelda is exactly what I've been wanting, and letting her still change into Shiek would be a nice way of getting a good cross-series representation of the character. Just gimme a Ganondorf with some classic influence and we're all set~

Lucario was probably my least favourite character in Brawl, so it says a lot about how much I like Mega Lucario that I'd be pretty okay with seeing it return. I'd still prefer Mewtwo, but I'm not too fussy.

Sonic's good, Diddy Kong... actually, I take it back, he was my least favourite character in Brawl, but I can understand why he'd be back, and obviously Peach was gonna return no matter what.

(this still ain't a thing, though)

Edited by Octarine

Would be beyond extremely happy if that was true, mostly because

Palutena and Sonic.

Still, if we don't see ZSS tomorrow then that's that, huh?

And even if we do, it still might just be complete luck or the one true part in a leak that's otherwise purposeful lies.

Also I still think Mewtwo could return as secret.

Edited by SuperLink

Well at least if this is fake (it's probably fake), they were nice enough to date the first reveal soon.

It's a pretty conservative rumor, though, so I'm not counting it out yet. Only one new character, only two others that could conceivably be on the chopping block...I could believe that all of those characters make it in even if this particular rumor was BS.

...y'know the more I think about it the harder it is for me to decide whether I'd like Mewtwo to return or Lucario to stay. I mained Mewtwo in Melee, and I mained Lucario in Brawl (and Brawl Minus). Lucario was definitely the more effective of the two (and I am going to genuinely miss minus Lucario, either way), but there's no reason they couldn't update Mewtwo to be similar or better. I like Mewtwo a bit better as a character, but I like Lucario's fighting style more than Melee Mewtwo...it just seems like either way I'd be kind of disappointed.

No Mewtwo is by no means a deal breaker, but I have to admit I'm real nostalgic for him. With the whole Mega Form thing happening, it'd be a neat way to keep him relevant while bringing back an old character.

But Mewtwo coming back is about as likely as Ganon changing his moveset to center around swordplay. It's reasonable, but probably won't happen.

I don't see why we can't have both Mewteo and Lucario. Both are pretty different and definitely popular enough.

I think the main problem is giving Pokémon too many reps, as a new one is also likely.

Thing is, Mewtwo and Lucario are already pretty similar in their controls. It'd be no different from Ganondorf and Captain Falcon in Brawl, yes, but unless you radically change one or the other, you may as well swap Lucario for Mewtwo. Otherwise, you're going to have to replace Pokemon Trainer or Jigglypuff. I think 4 reps per franchise is the basic max limit with very few exceptions, but I could be wrong. Didn't Wario's appearance technically count as a WarioWare rep instead of a Mario one..?

Edited by Indigo Rush

Thing is, Mewtwo and Lucario are already pretty similar in their controls. It'd be no different from Ganondorf and Captain Falcon in Brawl, yes, but unless you radically change one or the other, you may as well swap Lucario for Mewtwo.

Besides their standard B move and the fact that their smash attacks have disjointed hitboxes, Mewtwo and Lucario play nothing alike and have radically different movesets. Mewtwo and Lucario are about as similar as Marth and Ike are. Edited by Red Cap-Blue Spikes
  • Thumbs Up 5

They aren't clones of each other, but I feel there's enough similarity between them that it'd be hard to justify having both when pokemon already has so many reps.

• Thumbs Up 2

If the rumor turns out to be true, I'd be a bit surprised if Mewtwo took the backseat to Lucario again, even after how hyped up he's been ever since the Mega Mewtwo reveal. I mean I guess he'd be better for representing more areas of the franchise than just Gen 1, but I still dunno

But still, any rumor that involves playable Palutena is a good one in my books

I could literally say all of this about Wright, except for the Nintendo-publishing bit, but I really don't think that's relevant since it's just outside of Japan.

Ace Attorney vs Layton kinda features Phoenix too, and Ace Attorney Dual Destinies is coming stateside soon as well. I don't really see what gives Layton a significantly bigger chance. Not that either of them have good chances, period, nor would I mind seeing Layton.

Oh wait, sorry. I didn't mean that he would have a better shot, I more meant that he had a chance of getting in against those two, not really a higher one, but he would probably be a solid option alongside the other ones. Sorry, mistake in diction on my part. 

Thing is, Mewtwo and Lucario are already pretty similar in their controls. It'd be no different from Ganondorf and Captain Falcon in Brawl, yes, but unless you radically change one or the other, you may as well swap Lucario for Mewtwo.

Naw, they're pretty fundamentally different from one another, literally all they have in common is the chargy sphere move.

Otherwise, you're going to have to replace Pokemon Trainer or Jigglypuff. I think 4 reps per franchise is the basic max limit with very few exceptions, but I could be wrong. Didn't Wario's appearance technically count as a WarioWare rep instead of a Mario one..?

Well that's what I wanna know, it was the max in Brawl (except for Mario which counted Mario spinoffs as separate franchises) but will it be the max anymore? Or will 6 be the max? Pokémon is huge enough for going over the cap to be understandable, especially if Mario bent the "rules" in its own way.

I do think Mewtwo will return,

Well, there would also be a ton of Pokemon in the game.

Jigglypuff

Pikachu

Mewtwo

Lucario

Ivysaur

Squirtle

Charizard

why

Well, there would also be a ton of Pokemon in the game.

Jigglypuff

Pikachu

Mewtwo

Lucario

Ivysaur

Squirtle

Charizard

why

Because Pokémon is A+ and lovely.