Awoo.

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U/3DS - Settle It In Smash!

Nintendoga

I still think Klonoa would be cool. He constantly appeared on the GBA and he did have an appearance on the Wii. It's a Namco character too and he has Pacman on his hat, double appearance (not really)! It could even build up hype for some exclusive Klonoa 2 port/Klonoa 3 exclusive which I would die for. His furry likeness also blends really well with Nintendo's universe of characters.

/endklonoafanboy

• Thumbs Up 5

I'd want Klonoa more than any other Namco character but I'm not holding my breath given how much more successful and popular Pac-Man is in comparison. He also has a new game coming out.

I'd want Klonoa more than any other Namco character but I'm not holding my breath given how much more successful and popular Pac-Man is in comparison. He also has a new game coming out.

But that new game is base of that awful cartoon... (IMO!)

Anyway, I think Megaman is good enough, as much I would love Sonic to be back, I think he should take a break because I really don't want Smash to become Dream TV World Fighters.... 

For Smash to ever become DreamMix TV team Fighters they would need to add stuff like Optimus Prime, the Ghosts from Pac man, Goku and in general throw out any restrictions the series ever had out of thr Window.

Really, Sonic returning would not in a Million years turn Smash into that sort of game, IF he even returns and IF we even get a second Third Party rep this time around that is, considering thats all still up in the air too.

Anyway, I think Megaman is good enough, as much I would love Sonic to be back, I think he should take a break because I really don't want Smash to become Dream TV World Fighters....

Sakurai would NEVER let that happen. He's already said that very few third-party characters will be put into the game and he won't let just any character get in.

I think 3 should be the maximum, absolutely.  I hope Sonic is back, and maybe a third one.  I'd hope not Pac Man because really who the fuck would want to play as Pac Man.

If Metal Gear had sustained notable contact with Nintendo last generation Snake would be plenty justified to return, but since nothing big has happened since Twin Snakes on the GCN he does feel like he'd be slightly out of place this time.

Edited by JezMM
  • Thumbs Up 7

I'd hope not Pac Man because really who the fuck would want to play as Pac Man.

I would if he gets the Mokujin Mech from SFxT back

otherwise, the only Namco character I would be interested in seeing in Smash is maybe a Tekken character like Heihachi, and even that is unlikeley considering Sakurai stance on Fighting Game characters in Smash, so oh well.

...I want to play as Pac-Man :(

The 25th anniversary/ pre-Ghostly Adventures Pac-Man though, I can kinda imagine Sakurai wanting to use that design as well.

Still not holding my breath for anymore third parties though, even though there blatantly will be at least one more.

Honestly, at this point, I've already given up on hoping that Klonoa will be in. What with Sakurai being stressed out and all, amongst other things...

Besides, Pac-Man has already been rumored anyway, so I honestly think it's a safe bet that it'll be him instead. Unless, of course, they decide otherwise at the last minute..

I'd hope not Pac Man because really who the fuck would want to play as Pac Man.

I'm the Fucker who want to play as Pac Man... Plus he pretty likely to be in it too due the Mario Kart GP, Pacman VS and all that jazz 

Plus, he doesn't look too out of place:

Pacman.jpg

Random Fact: The reason Pac Man look like this is due to a survey that Namco posted on their Facebook page asking which art style the fans like more.

Edited by KaBlamJamDan

Sakurai has already said that Namco isn't getting special treatment with third party characters just because they're helping develop the game. Pac Man might be on the table, just judging by the alleged leaks from before E3, but that doesn't mean 'Tales' or Klonoa characters were ever up for consideration. They won't let just anyone in.

I don't really like Pac Man, but his legacy is undeniable. He could be a fun character, if done right. But I swear to god, if we get THIS Pac Man...

pac-man-and-the-ghostly-adventures.jpg

I ain't havin' that shit.

but that doesn't mean Klonoa characters were ever up for consideration.

I can dream, right?

Imagine his grab using the ring. That would have been so cool.

Pac-Man's memorability, to me, doesn't extend at all beyond his appearance as a pixelated semi-circle; I don't even personally view him as an actual character, regardless of what his countless anthropomorphized appearances would indicate otherwise. I guess I just never saw the appeal of him outside of the original arcade game. In a way I was glad that Wreck-It Ralph mirrored my perception of him rather than a version with arms, legs, and expressive eyes.

However Pac-Man is the only Namco character that even has a shot at making it into Smash 4's roster, and I would be genuinely surprised if they don't put him in.

Yeah, I kind of agree.

I liken all of his other appearances to if, say, Nintendo took Mr. Game and Watch and started trying to promote and redesign him, numerous times in a struggle to try and make him relevant again. It feels like they're trying to make something from nothing, and it's not working. He's a basic shape that goes around eating other, even more basic shapes, and then he sometimes eats ghosts. Uhh, okay. That's as bare bones as it gets, and I don't see how you're supposed to turn him into a fun character, even though he comes from a fun game.

I can dream, right?

I've got my own dream roster, so I'm not judging. :V

• Thumbs Up 2

I really see no reason why not to include the most recent rendition of Pac Man (if we're going to include him at all), seeing as it's probably the most effort I've ever seen Namco put into reviving Pac Man (except Championship Edition, but that's a little different). The new Pac Man seems to be built around a power up system of some kind, so if they're including him, they may as well go with the most combat able version.

I don't know how good the newer games are, but I am warming up to his new design. I respect them for trying to revive Pac Man as a game, despite its campiness. I suppose I'm kind of lonely in this opinion, though.

• Thumbs Up 2

If it were up to me and I had to put a Pacman reference in Smash, I'd just make it a stage instead and make Pacman himself and the ghosts stage hazards.

Fuck if I know how an enclosed environment like the original arcade maze would work, but I'm sure one could find a way. Maybe make all the floors drop-through, or have the walls break if a player gets slammed into them hard enough.

Edited by Blacklightning
  • Thumbs Up 5

Yeah, I wouldn't want Pac Man in Smash Bros and I can't see why the Japanese would want him in either. He may be iconic, but he's not an interesting character or one that's seen today.

I want Pac-Man in simply because I like his design. And if they could make him work and come up with a moveset for him in SFxT, I doubt it'd be any trouble for Sakurai and his team.

Never really thought about just a stage representing him strangely enough, but I'd actually really be on board with that. I've had a distaste for Pacman being a character since simply I've never found him all too appealing personally, and I feel like the only reason he's getting so much attention is the Namco deal with this game, but I'm pretty sure Sakurai said some where (can't be arsed to find it) that they wouldn't be getting special treatment for that cause. But that aside I think a stage would fit perfectly. It'd probably be pretty gimmicky but it'd be fun trying to run away from the original pacman anytime the ghosts go blue while also trying to kill your fellow players. Even a Pacman assist trophy would be fine by me since I'd like him included possibly, just not really down with a full blown character.

I still don't really know what I'd want of a 3rd party character though, and kinda just given up on it and gonna wait and see. IDK about the rest of you, but I'm like 90% sure Sonic is returning since he's still by a looongshot the most relevant 3rd party to Nintendo I can think of, so now-a-days I just almost consider him in already lawl. I won't be devastated if he's not, but largely puzzled I guess.

Legitimately the only others I can think that'd be big enough and relevant enough would be Phoenix Wright or Simon Belmont; quite possibly some newer IP I'm not familiar with too on Wii U or something I've just spaced out on in recent years too *shrugs*

• Thumbs Up 2

I can dream, right?

Imagine his grab using the ring. That would have been so cool.

A shame he's so innocent. Since he controls air he could use it to asphyxiate his opponent into submission.

More seriously, that ring is so versatile it would be awesome. He could forge his beamsword from it like in Klonoa Heroes, never mind inflate his enemies and possibly throw them as weapons.

...could you imagine if he used the move he does in his games, inflating an opponent and then throwing them beneath him for extra air time? It would be the best meteor smash ever.

Sigh. Why does he have to be so obscure compared to Pac-Man.

Legitimately the only others I can think that'd be big enough and relevant enough would be Phoenix Wright or Simon Belmont; quite possibly some newer IP I'm not familiar with too on Wii U or something I've just spaced out on in recent years too *shrugs*

I think Professor Layton has a legitimate shot of getting in compared to those two. I mean, he's been practically a Nintendo handheld exclusive from the get go sorta like Wright, and if I'm not mistaken, Nintendo does some of the publishing for Level-5 over in the west with his games. With both Azran Legacies and Layton x Ace Attourney coming stateside soon, he's pretty relevant at the time, and I'm pretty sure that his games have been pretty popular and successful all around. Plus, I would really love to see what Sakurai would do with his moveset though, although he does have some sword training, it'd be really cool to see how he'd mix in more puzzly aspects into his fighting style. 

Layton definitely has a better chance than Phoenix Wright, even ignoring Mega Man, but Simon I'm not so sure about.

Edited by MarcelloF