Awoo.

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U/3DS - Settle It In Smash!

Nintendoga

Woah? You know the main roster? Well don't leave us hanging, tell us which characters are gonna be in the game man! dude I swear if you think I'm serious...

Woah, got a gorgeous look at the Pilotwings stage!

krAXnxy.jpg

Love it. Anybody else reminded of Lost World?

lol this is probably the last daily pic I'll post since I gotta get my sleep schedule back in order for classes. Leaving the rest to Solly (or whoever beats him every now and then)

Edited by Nintendoga

Dumb question, has this game not been shown at GC? I really want to see more gameplay of it..

Nah, they haven't shown anything outside of the main site, E3, and the Direct Luigi was revealed in. Next time we see more footage will probably be at another ND since that seems to be how Nintendo operates lately. Not expecting it to be playable for the public until really late this year/early next year. 

lol this is probably the last daily pic I'll post since I gotta get my sleep schedule back in order for classes. Leaving the rest to Solly (or whoever beats him every now and then)

Pff, I guess I'll post it when I'm on but I won't be doing it every day. I need to be fixing my schedule too.

The yellow plane reminds me of the one from Wii Sports Resort, was it in Pilotwings Resort as well?  I never played that game, nor am I interested in doing so in the future.

Almost thought the red plane was the Tornado. Almost.

I'm really liking the perspective... I'm guessing these planes will be the new Pokefloats? Might prove interesting...

Edited by Ogilvie Maurice

Is that Bowser on the right wing? I'm sure those are his colours, but in this pic he just kinda looks like... a blob or something, ahaha. What is he even doing there?

Still trying to figure out if this is actually what the perspective looks like ingame, or if Sakurai's just tilted the camera for dramatic effect. It's hard to tell if the planes are supposed to be within actual jumping distance of each other right now.

Is that Bowser on the right wing? I'm sure those are his colours, but in this pic he just kinda looks like... a blob or something, ahaha. What is he even doing there?

Still trying to figure out if this is actually what the perspective looks like ingame, or if Sakurai's just tilted the camera for dramatic effect. It's hard to tell if the planes are supposed to be within actual jumping distance of each other right now.

That's Fox. It looks like he's landing from a jump.

And I'm assuming this is just a developer camera and we won't be seeing shots like this in game at all.

That's Fox. It looks like he's landing from a jump.

And I'm assuming this is just a developer camera and we won't be seeing shots like this in game at all.

Seems like a shame, because that is a gorgeous shot.  I haven't played a Smash Bros game in ages, so this will be my reintroduction to it once it comes out.  Have all the characters been announced?

Wants Ashley... >_>

Edited by Noel

Have all the characters been announced?

We have no idea how many characters there are going to be, but most of them haven't been announced. They will continue to be revealed over the coming months. No real pattern as to when, yet.

The official site is here, if you're interested in who's in the game so far.

Edited by Solly

We might have all the stages revealed before all the characters, well the starter stages anyway.

But yeah as Solly said, we don't know how many characters are going into this game, also it isn't garunteed if all returning characters from Brawl are coming back either

We got a long way to go too, the game and coming out till some time next year.

Edited by Dantemustdie00

Stupid random thought, but I'd like it if Nintendo could reach out and try to grab non video game characters too. Off the top of my head if they put Hatsune Miku in Smash lol.

Stupid random thought, but I'd like it if Nintendo could reach out and try to grab non video game characters too. Off the top of my head if they put Hatsune Miku in Smash lol.

Hatsune Miku games are mostly developed by Sega, so they have to make sort of agreement with them. But it looks like that Big N doesn't want to put more characters from other franchises (media and game ones).

But if they put Phoenix Wright (maybe?) it will be RIGHT!

Miku is aligned more with SEGA than anything, she has a better shot getting in All-Stars Racing Transformed than Smash.

It's still unknown if we'll even get another 3rd Developer Character this time, Mega Man was kinda of a special case as Sakurai pointed out in the developer Direct.

If they end up making a deal with sega to get hatsune miku and not Sonic, the shitstorm would be great indeed.

If they end up making a deal with sega to get hatsune miku and not Sonic, the shitstorm would be great indeed.

Then this will be a great success in Japan, but will Sega act like that? They won't ignore other consoles.

Nevertheless, the idea of adding the characters from other franchises is great, but what characters? Megaman is the best variant, and where there is Megaman, there must be Zero too.

Sakurai most likely won't allow Zero in just because Megaman is already third party and he wouldn't want to put too many representatives of Non Nintendo franchises.

I never thought of Miku being in Smash (like, at all), and I personally think it's a given she won't appear at all.

But I think it would actually be pretty interesting to see what kind of moveset Sakurai would come up with for her. She's likely use a bunch of musical instruments as well as a singing voice to use as special attacks, and maybe do something with those long pigtails of hers. Being an android, maybe some weapons could be sneaked in as well as some sort of surprise attack. I've got nothing on a Final Smash idea though.

Pfft, "great." The internet would rupture a kidney stone. And it would be glorious to watch.

Edited by Yeow
  • Thumbs Up 1

I think adding characters from different 3rd Party franchises would drive sales though and better Nintendo's relationship with those companies. It's an opportunity that I think would be pretty rad. This is all business in the end and if Nitendo can make some money and get cozy with some devs, I say go for it. :P

Edited by Noel

Well, it's not like they didn't do it before.

Snake had pretty much no reason to be in Brawl yet there he is.

I think adding characters from different 3rd Party franchises would drive sales though and better Nintendo's relationship with those companies. It's an opportunity that I think would be pretty rad. This is all business in the end and if Nitendo can make some money and get cozy with some devs, I say go for it. tongue.png

Will it mean that some games of those companies will being released only for Nintendo consoles? That's the question.

In the times of SNES, Nintendo was a great company with big income and strong console sales. But nowadays the exclusivity doesn't mean the same that it meant in the 90s and 2000s, the multi-platform games do a lot.

Well, it's not like they didn't do it before.

Snake had pretty much no reason to be in Brawl yet there he is.

Hideo Kojima allegedly begged Sakurai, who he's friends with, to put him in. It's not as if he's completely random or anything goes because of it (not saying you said this).

But if they put Phoenix Wright (maybe?) it will be RIGHT!

I would love this though, as incredibly unlikely as it is. Phoenix Wright is one of my favorite videogame characters period, and I've got a thing for quirky characters in fighting games. Capcom would actually be able to say it's a Nintendo-exclusive franchise too, if it weren't for the iOS ports and an MVC3 appearance.

Back in the days before Brawl's release, I remember reading about Sakurai establishing a couple of rules for third-party/non-Nintendo character suggestions.  They stuck in my memory because they stood out as being really simple and sensible.  They were

1]  The character must have appeared on a Nintendo console.

2]  The character must have originated in video games.

I don't see any reason why these rules shouldn't continue to apply.

Back in the days before Brawl's release, I remember reading about Sakurai establishing a couple of rules for third-party/non-Nintendo character suggestions.  They stuck in my memory because they stood out as being really simple and sensible.  They were

1]  The character must have appeared on a Nintendo console.

2]  The character must have originated in video games.

I don't see any reason why these rules shouldn't continue to apply.

Dear Sakurai, get the stick out of your ass and experiment. KTHX.

What's wrong with wanting the characters in your Nintendo crossover game to be at least tenuously connected with Nintendo and video games?

• Thumbs Up 7