Awoo.

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U/3DS - Settle It In Smash!

Nintendoga

The Pokemon franchise is the only one of Nintendo's franchises to base some of its characteristics in Smash from source material outside of the games; in Pokemon's case, the anime (Pokemon voices, the different stadiums in PS1 in Melee being based off the 4 Indigo League Stadiums, Misty having her anime outfit in her trophy, etc.) With that in mind, having Pokemon: The Origin show up completely out of nowhere with no basis for it and starring Red in it gives the idea of bringing back Red in Smash 4 some merit.

Confused.....Please explain.

See the Pokémon Origins topic in the Chit Chat section.

Maybe I'm looking waaaaaaay too deep into this, but am I the only one who found it curious that Sakurai thought to refer to Meteos by name? It's not as though KI isn't already the first thing people think of when "X-Bomb" is mentioned.

Coincidentally, Bandai happened to publish the original DS game along with Nintendo, now that I look it up on Wikipedia. [/conspiracyTheorism]

Considering Sakurai created Meteos, I didn't find it too strange.

• Thumbs Up 2

I know this is probably old, but I didnt notice Kirby and Samus´s new 3DS pics (and 2 Wii U ones) for me theyre new but they probably have been there since Olimar maybe. Anyways speaking of Samus, one screenshot is her morph ball. What do you guys think about the new Morph ball? I prefer the Brawl version. But I guess with new outfit, new morph ball.

screen-9.jpg

Uhh, not to be a party pooper (well actually very much to be a party pooper, I want a female trainer in Smash 4), but... isn't Pokémon Trainer in Brawl... basically Red already? 

Uhh, not to be a party pooper (well actually very much to be a party pooper, I want a female trainer in Smash 4), but... isn't Pokémon Trainer in Brawl... basically Red already? 

I dont know if I got it wrong, but I think what Joshua meant was:  " Red (Pokemon Trainer) was in Brawl, but NOW with Pokemon Origins, we have a reason to bring  (Red / Pokemon Trainer) back again for SSB WiiU/3DS "

Ohhh okay.

In that case I'd say if you need an "excuse" they clearly aren't relevant enough.  The female protagonist designs have always been more interesting and varied than the male ones anyway.  >8U  My vote would be for Leaf/Green or have Hilda or Rosa with Pokémon from Black and White, we'll always have Pikachu and Jigglypuff to be a Gen 1 rep.

Edited by JezMM
  • Thumbs Up 1

I actually don't see Pikachu as being a Gen 1 rep anymore... Like, Pikachu is far too associated with the franchise as a whole to really be representation for a specific Generation.

I'd prefer Mewtwo to return over Pokemon Trainer (who really should have been named Red... That's like calling Link 'Hylian' just because you choose his name in-game...) but if he does come back I'd rather he had one starter Pokemon and then some other random Gen 1's rather than just the starters.

(who really should have been named Red... That's like calling Link 'Hylian' just because you choose his name in-game...)

Ehh it's prolly more that you're not really controlling "Red".  "Pokémon Trainer" better defines him and his team of Pokémon that you control.  Honestly if they did use Leaf or Rosa or whoever, I'd still expect her to just be called "Pokémon Trainer".

(...Also it'd be kinda funny if you switched his colour palette lol).

Edited by JezMM

You know what would be better? Gold : D Gold is not only is cooler in my opinion, but he "officialy" beat Red. So there you go. Plus, Typhlosion, Bayleef and Totodile? DO. WANT. ( imagine Flame Wheel for Side B/Up B, Eruption as B ).

...I can dream cant I? :P

I do hope they put Mewtwo though! with MegaMewtwo as Final Smash.

You know what would be better? Gold : D Gold is not only is cooler in my opinion, but he "officialy" beat Red. So there you go. Plus, Typhlosion, Bayleef and Totodile? DO. WANT. ( imagine Flame Wheel for Side B/Up B, Eruption as B ).

...I can dream cant I? tongue.png

I do hope they put Mewtwo though! with MegaMewtwo as Final Smash.

Gold is cool, but they'd use his HG/SS design, which I'm not a fan of..

• Thumbs Up 1

Just make the trainer playable, the standard B works like an "eat" move and they "catch" them in a Pokeball that deals damage, up + B could be Fly.

Really I just want Pokemon trainer spraying a potion at an enemy like mace :P

Really I just want Pokemon trainer spraying a potion at an enemy like mace tongue.png

Max Repel? :P

Max Repel? :P

Or that

That makes sense

Forget what I sai...would be awesome though

hmmm... Megaman took a saw blade to the knee.... I'm proud that no one here made a joke in reference to things in someones knee. I'm proud of you SSMB members

Edited by LunarEdge

So it's a weapon that can be picked up and thrown back... those are always glorious as a test of reflexes.

Personally I'm still amazed at the near-decapitation the sawblade was shown with in Mega Man's introduction video. I think they forgot the whole part of Mega Man not liking to kill people. ...which I guess makes him 10x scarier.

So it's a weapon that can be picked up and thrown back... those are always glorious as a test of reflexes.

Personally I'm still amazed at the near-decapitation the sawblade was shown with in Mega Man's introduction video. I think they forgot the whole part of Mega Man not liking to kill people. ...which I guess makes him 10x scarier.

If you want to be technical, Mega Man is supposed to be a limited three laws type robot, lacking in true free will.  Not only would he not want to kill people in general, he should be physically incapable of making the decision to harm humans.

You pretty much have to let go of the canon a little bit for things like this.

If you want to be technical, Mega Man is supposed to be a limited three laws type robot, lacking in true free will.  Not only would he not want to kill people in general, he should be physically incapable of making the decision to harm humans.

I figured, but I still find the near-decap thing of particular interest. While it makes for pretty cool imagery, nearly taking someone's head off with a bladed weapon is, well, more mature than one might expect of this.

I'm just overthinking things though. :P

I mean in all honesty, Mario losing coins from his near-death experience was just hilarious.

Of course, thinking on it... looking at Master Hand in the Subspace Emissary, it looked like the areas those wires were stuck in him were red from dried blood so... I guess this isn't anything after all.

• Thumbs Up 1

even so, Megaman is still a new type of robot, one that can think for itself technically. He would have killed Wily at the end of MM7 if not interrupted.

even so, Megaman is still a new type of robot, one that can think for itself technically. He would have killed Wily at the end of MM7 if not interrupted.

If what I've read is accurate, that was actually a mistranslation.  Apparently, in the original Japanese script of Mega Man 7, he does try to kill Wily, but he's forced to stop when Wily reminds him that he can't harm humans.

Regardless, we know for a fact that he has limitations, because we know for a fact that his successor, X, was special specifically because he was the first truly sentient, free willed robot.

And for the record, I'm not trying to suggest that Mega Man's a dumb, generic robot or anything, I'm just pointing out that he's limited.

• Thumbs Up 1