Awoo.

Mario Kart 8 (Wii-U)

Nintendoga

If it takes actual skill to apply this technique and still get a good time, which it seemingly does, they should keep it. It really doesn't look that bad and it's actually kind of a cool trick. If they do patch it out I hope they at least keep it in Time Trials like they did the Maka Wuhu glitch.

Regarding the Daily Tourney - on Sunday nights I'll be mixing up the rules just for some variety, since I've asked around and no-one seems opposed to the idea.  Might use random number generators to decide them, though obviously the major changes will be the item set.

The only thing I will never change is the control method allowances.  Since the only choices are "all types" or "motion controls only", it pretty much gives an unfair advantage to those who use motion controls all the time anyway if the latter ever gets picked.  Vehicle allowances though I may alter since it can go either way (both bike and kart users may be forced to adapt etc).

As said, this'll just be on Sundays, unless people enjoy the rule mix-up enough to have it twice a week instead.  Naturally the weekend tourney will be active when I update the ruleset, so it shouldn't affect random games since you have the weekend tourney to play in for that.

Yeah, doesn't look terribly difficult to perform, you just need to hop a lot in certain places.

Also, anyone else severely disappointed that you can't access the castle in Royal Raceway anymore? That was kinda of the awesome thing about that track, being able to drive around what was basically a recreation of Peach's Castle from SM64.

• Thumbs Up 2

Speaking of hacks, I came across my first cheater online today, or it at least felt that way. Whenever I tried throwing green, red or blue shells at this guy his kart/character would disappear from the map altogether so Red shells had nothing to home in on, but he ended up winning the races anyway, needless to say it was infuriating, but in the end I jumped from 1200 MK points to 1370 points and ultimately beat him before he disconnected in a huff lol.

Definitely some weird online stuff going on recently, in the SSMB daily tourney there were 8 of us in the match and half of us got disconnected at the start of Dolphin Shoals, so when we tried to rejoin we missed out on our 5th race of 8 AND we were split into another room with me, Jimmy, Spinny, Winston and Kaolin! So I definitely wasn't pleased tonight. 

Sounds like an unstable connection. People CAN purposely do that, so it's not wrong to think they could have been cheating.

Also, anyone else severely disappointed that you can't access the castle in Royal Raceway anymore? That was kinda of the awesome thing about that track, being able to drive around what was basically a recreation of Peach's Castle from SM64.

Yeah. Pointless thought it was, that was always one of the best things about the level. Plus it would have made an absolutely fantastic battle arena had they not gone for race course battles instead. The level in general has the same problem as many of the other retro courses- it's much easier than it used to be. The track is now a lot wider so the sharp turns require much less skill, and the steep cliffs are gone too.

• Thumbs Up 1

Yeah, doesn't look terribly difficult to perform, you just need to hop a lot in certain places.

Yeah all you have to do his hop left and right while the Mini-turbo, Mushroom or Boost Pad boost is in effect, it ain't hard to do at all as long as you do so on a straightaway,

It just kind of aggravates me that this exists, because it's going to make inward drifting vehicles useless if everyone starts doing it.

• Thumbs Up 1

Yeah all you have to do his hop left and right while the Mini-turbo, Mushroom or Boost Pad boost is in effect, it ain't hard to do at all as long as you do so on a straightaway,

It's still an unintentional exploit which will dominate the way the game is played, much like snaking did in MKDS even if it's not quite that overpowered. I'd like to see it patched out right away. Exploits like that really kill how enjoyable a game can be for people who don't play competitively.

I tried fire hopping, it's not nearly as easy as people think it is. It's easy to lose control and veer off into the dirt due to the extended boost, and the fact that you can't simply do it by hopping in place, you NEED to wiggle the stick to fool the game into thinking you're trying to drift. I don't think it will work well in races against humans, but someone might find out some stupid combination that makes it viable, and if they do so help me God. I got bored of doing it after 4 races. If it does become common, you'll see randoms picking only the stages with the longest straight following tight turns. I had enough of that shit in 7 and DS.

Also the AI seems to get pissed off if you do it, I got by 3 blue shells in one race while doing it. Probably because you're too far ahead of it.

• Thumbs Up 3

Yeah, I actually saw that on TV about an hour ago. xD

Didn't expect this Luigi Death Stare meme to go this far.

Edit: Damn...new page.

Fox News strikes again with more pointless not-news.

In more interesting news, you know how Nintendo are constantly cock teasing about Birdo's gender throughout the games it's appeared in? Well...

tumblr_n6mdxzlNtd1t0bg1so1_1280.jpg

tumblr_n6mdxzlNtd1t0bg1so2_400.jpg

Think it's finally been settled down in the big Nintendo building.

• Thumbs Up 8

Woah, things are starting to get out of hand

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0aylDlZ-eyw&feature=player_embedded

Its made local television XD

Must be a slow news day

Birdo's always been casted as an "Ugly" Female character or a Female "Not" Yoshi thing since the GameCube times.

Woah, things are starting to get out of hand

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0aylDlZ-eyw&feature=player_embedded

Its made local television XD

Why is this even news worthy. They must really like the game.

Fox News strikes again with more pointless not-news.

In more interesting news, you know how Nintendo are constantly cock teasing about Birdo's gender throughout the games it's appeared in? Well...

tumblr_n6mdxzlNtd1t0bg1so1_1280.jpg

tumblr_n6mdxzlNtd1t0bg1so2_400.jpg

Think it's finally been settled down in the big Nintendo building.

I think she/he is still transgendered. When somebody transgenders themselves, they technically class as the gender they transgendered to.

I think we should be worrying less about whether or not Birdo is female or not, and rather why is there a picture of Birdo on the banner when she's not even in the game

SONIC ADVENTURE 3 BIRDO DLC CONFIRMED!?

On the subject of DLC actually, I wouldn't be too surprised if Nintendo offered up something for free at E3. Like, as a token gesture of thanks to everyone who has supported the game so far and pushed the Wii U back into relevancy for the moment, everyone gets a new character or kart or mode or... something. And then have plenty of other DLC stuff too, but paid - so entice us in with something nice to make our hearts feel all warm and fuzzy, and then offer up a smorgasbord of delicious other stuff to choose from if we have the inclination and the money.

Also there was that magazine that said that Diddy would be in the game. Perhaps they will be offering up individual characters as paid DLC? I wouldn't mind that at all. Sanic DLC pls

Nintendo will continue to screw with our minds on what the hell Birdo's gender is, and they'll enjoy every minute of it.

But yeah, I'm do hope for some DLC characters, both veterans and newcommers, also some more vehicle parts too, I'm surprised they didn't brought back some classics like the Bumble V and Wario Bike, I'm even more so surprised they didn't put in the Bowser Mobile from 3D World in this, that was like the most requested vehicle from folks.

• Thumbs Up 1

Being back Luigi's Poltergust kart, Nintendo. Do it or I'll kidnap Reggie and turn him into a robot servant for Sony.

When are Nintendo going to make Luigi kill Mario?

Seriously, I'm getting impatient. Weegee Number one.

Lol this even made Fox News? I'm impressed. XD

So this is pretty much wave dashing in Melee or better yet snaking in mario kart DS? If that's so there's nothing to complain about

Uh yes there is something to complain about. People like me who totally suck at snaking don't like this crap because we can't do anything about it. I remember playing Mario Kart DS and always dreading the snakers because you can't keep up with them and I could never do the snaking myself. Believe me, I tried but for some reason I could never get the hang of it!

I really hope this fire hopping won't be exploited too much in the online races now because that would ruin the races for me, especially if everyone starts doing it. 8(

So I've tried Fire Hopping, and it seems very difficult to do in rapid succession. You're better off just racing normally, because it hurts your hands too. So overall, I think it'll just be a rare trick used by those who are skilled at it.