Awoo.

Mario Kart 8 (Wii-U)

Nintendoga

I didn't even touch 50cc and 100cc, I just went straight into 150. I'm glad its not required to do those.

Doing both the 50cc and 100cc first is a great way to unlock better chapters send vehicle parts. It also got me accustomed to the game, what vehicle type I might be more comfortable with, and generally just easing me into racing with more difficult AI.

• Thumbs Up 3

By the way this probably doesn't mean anything and it's actually probably clutching at straws but

Did anyone else notice that Mario Kart 8 is not only the first Mario Kart since Wii to have a new Delfino-themed stage but also the only Mario Kart game to have two new Isle Delfino stages? The Water Park and Airport tracks are both distinctly Delfino and I just find it weird that they'd choose two stages filled with Nokis and Piantas when they've barely had presence in Mario games lately.. when there's only one Mario Galaxy themed track.

Think it means anything? Like.. Nintendo trying to make Isle Delfino relevant again for an upcoming release? :v

it probably means nothing, like I said just grasping at straws, but I figured I'd point it out as a curious thing

By the way this probably doesn't mean anything and it's actually probably clutching at straws but

Did anyone else notice that Mario Kart 8 is not only the first Mario Kart since Wii to have a new Delfino-themed stage but also the only Mario Kart game to have two new Isle Delfino stages? The Water Park and Airport tracks are both distinctly Delfino and I just find it weird that they'd choose two stages filled with Nokis and Piantas when they've barely had presence in Mario games lately.. when there's only one Mario Galaxy themed track.

Think it means anything? Like.. Nintendo trying to make Isle Delfino relevant again for an upcoming release? :v

it probably means nothing, like I said just grasping at straws, but I figured I'd point it out as a curious thing

Paper Mario U follow-up to Thousand Year Door confirmed :P 

Yeah I think it's just a go-to resource for tropical or travel/holiday themed courses.  The water park/airport idea probably came first, then the aesthetics of using Delfinos second.

I think we don't get many Galaxy tracks because to have space themed tracks elsewhere in the game would be intruding on Rainbow Road's place as the grand finale (though really there's plenty of somewhat less spacey Galaxy aesthetic locations to take ideas from).

• Thumbs Up 1

Yeah I think it's just a go-to resource for tropical or travel/holiday themed courses.  The water park/airport idea probably came first, then the aesthetics of using Delfinos second.

I think we don't get many Galaxy tracks because to have space themed tracks elsewhere in the game would be intruding on Rainbow Road's place as the grand finale (though really there's plenty of somewhat less spacey Galaxy aesthetic locations to take ideas from).

That's too bad, because a race track on, through, over, under, and inbetween a few planetoids and an asteroid field would have been sick 

You do realize the only Mario Kart game between Wii and 8 is 7, right? That's hardly significant.

Sounds to me like they just skipped the Delfino stage in 7 and pushed it on ahead to 8 instead.

It's only been out for a few days and there are already some seriously amazing gifs being made, I can't wait to see what kinds of gifs we get in the future

So what does everyone think of Battle Mode now? I really wish they'd bring back arenas (that's DLC I'd buy in a heartbeat) cause once people start getting knocked out the action really dwindles on most of the courses, but it's still very enjoyable. Some courses just aren't studied to it at all though, and that's mainly the ones with branching paths. Yoshi Valley is never fun for battle.

So; has this happened to anyone on Rainbow road? I can only imagine it must be the most infuriating thing. 

mqvkep.gif

• Thumbs Up 6

This game has increased my hope for the Wii U by at least 500%. So far so good Nintendo, don't fail me now.

• Thumbs Up 2

This game has increased my hope for the Wii U by at least 500%. So far so good Nintendo, don't fail me now.

little more than a week till E3, we ught to be getting some fun stuff there 

Been playing it for a few hours today - I'm having a really good time, though the method of unlocking characters and the online's stability have kind of disappointed me. 

• Thumbs Up 2

Been playing it for a few hours today - I'm having a really good time, though the method of unlocking characters and the online's stability have kind of disappointed me.

I don't know if I've ever played a game quite this stable online. But yeah, unlocking characters isn't a that rewarding or enjoyable, especially when most of them blow hard.

Have I got you registered btw? ABCABlue if not.

Yeah, that seems to be the major problem with this game. It's not a laggy experience, but people keep getting kicked off with communication errors.

We've had pretty much smooth sailing as far as Online has been.

Don't mind me though, just waiting for SuperLink to inevitably post the gif of when he beat me. 

• Thumbs Up 2

So; has this happened to anyone on Rainbow road? I can only imagine it must be the most infuriating thing. 

mqvkep.gif

Sort of related, I love how prompt Lakitu is in this game.  Falling off is penalised but is nowhere near the end of the world it used to be, plus it keeps the flow going.

But more importantly than that, he's so quick to grab you in the first place I always imagine him being like "NO. *grabs*  NAUGHTY.  The racing goes over HERE."  *plomp*

• Thumbs Up 1

You guys want gifs? This game has tons of them.

mEYEUs0.gif

Psxtpu0.gif

dOxLz8G.gif

hv024g2.gif

I have to rip some from my own videos. Slow-mo in this game is just gold for good reaction gifs.

• Thumbs Up 8