Awoo.

Mario Kart 8 (Wii-U)

Nintendoga

So I've tried Fire Hopping, and it seems very difficult to do in rapid succession. You're better off just racing normally, because it hurts your hands too. So overall, I think it'll just be a rare trick used by those who are skilled at it.

Thank God for that. Hopefully this means only a minority will use this in online races. -.-

I really hope they don't charge for returning DLC characters... feels a bit lame.  Charging for newcomers would be okay, but if they charge people for old faves like Dry Bones, Birdo or King Boo... I dunno, something about that rubs me the wrong way.  I guess if they have new animations and stuff that'll justify it a bit mind you.

On the flipside I'd be fine with paying for cup DLC containing retro courses that were covered in previous games, or battle courses from previous games, as long as they've been prettied up to the standards of the new retro courses.  Want me some HD online Yoshi Circuit and Frappé Snowland.

And really Battle Courses don't get much better than Block Fort and Pipe Plaza, bring those two back and we're golden, though a few other ones wouldn't hurt of course.

• Thumbs Up 1

Well, we all know Nintendo were saying they were going to be advertising their games more.

What better way to advertise than letting a single aspect of it go viral?

HomelyCluelessBat.gif

I actually think this one is even better than the regular ol' Luigi death stare one. XP

• Thumbs Up 7

Why is this making laugh so hard!?!?!?

Luigi's like "fuck your coin,take my green shell and fear the L!"

I really hope they don't charge for returning DLC characters... feels a bit lame.  Charging for newcomers would be okay, but if they charge people for old faves like Dry Bones, Birdo or King Boo... I dunno, something about that rubs me the wrong way.  I guess if they have new animations and stuff that'll justify it a bit mind you.

On the flipside I'd be fine with paying for cup DLC containing retro courses that were covered in previous games, or battle courses from previous games, as long as they've been prettied up to the standards of the new retro courses.  Want me some HD online Yoshi Circuit and Frappé Snowland.

And really Battle Courses don't get much better than Block Fort and Pipe Plaza, bring those two back and we're golden, though a few other ones wouldn't hurt of course.

I think that they'd probably be bundled, though. For example, Cup DLC? I could see characters bundled with Cup DLC, and perhaps the returning characters bundled together as well.

• Thumbs Up 1

It's be cool if we got a Kong Cup bundled with Diddy Kong, and maybe even K Rool? (Pleeeeeeeaaaase!)

• Thumbs Up 1

Yeah that'd be nice.  I'd happily pay something like £3-5 for a new cup, two characters and a couple of battle tracks.

The main issue with DLC though is how it would interfere with online games.  Like would they only let you choose DLC tracks if every player was a buyer?  Would they let non-DLC owners play DLC tracks online but only as a "guest" when it's been selected by other people?  Feel like the latter would be the best option.

Of course, if DLC is free and just comes in the form of game updates for everyone, it won't be an issue.

• Thumbs Up 1

I don't think it'd be an issue, if you joined a friend's room who had the DLC but you didn't, it'd make sense that you could race on those tracks, but when you go back to your own game or make your own room, you wouldn't be able to choose those tracks the previous person had. They'd just need to cancel out the DLC selection if you joined a room who didn't have those tracks, kinda like All Stars Racing did with Death Egg and Ryo Forklift/Metal Sonic DLC.

• Thumbs Up 1

It would be pretty cute to have themed DLC packs.  Like you'd get the Yoshi pack which includes Birdo, Dry Bones, a new cup featuring Yoshi Circuit as one of the tracks, and, I dunno, Block Fort for Battle.  Then there'd be the Wario pack that includes N64 Wario Stadium, Pipe Plaza and uhh... why am I still kidding myself Captain Syrup or a Warioware rep is never gonna happen. ._.

But so on and so forth.

• Thumbs Up 1

Since the track selection online is a random 3 tracks anyway, I don't think it would be much of an issue just to program a selection three tracks that aren't DLC if someone doesn't own those.

Since the track selection online is a random 3 tracks anyway, I don't think it would be much of an issue just to program a selection three tracks that aren't DLC if someone doesn't own those.

Friends games let you choose any track.

I completed the 150cc today and unlocked the mirror mode. I'm going to have to do that next so I can get the gold kart body.

I'm very, very disappointed that it's not possible to visit the courtyard of Peach's Castle in Royal Raceway. Very, very disappointed sad.png

• Thumbs Up 3

I'm very, very disappointed that it's not possible to visit the courtyard of Peach's Castle in Royal Raceway. Very, very disappointed :(

Same here, that would have been sweet. Maybe it was due to time constraints or something, or they didn't feel it necessary? Still a shame.

Probably most likely to be memory constraints.  Cutting a big portion of a map that doesn't need to be accessible is probably a very easy decision to make during optimisation.  This game is clearly using every drop of the Wii U's processing power as is.

Still, a shame.  At first I was hoping it'd be a super easter egg only accessible if you managed to glide over the fence but it's definitely impossible.

On that note though, are there any secret areas in any other tracks that you can visit (not shortcuts)?

Same here, that would have been sweet. Maybe it was due to time constraints or something, or they didn't feel it necessary? Still a shame.

Developers took it out because there were people who actually thought that it was a shortcut or something in Mario Kart 64.

Its not really necessary now, because the "award ceremony" location was originally in that area and...that area serves no real purpose now.

Finally got used to using Wario.

The game's a lot more fun now that I can be characters that I don't hate. :V

Also, was really expecting Wendy to be a Medium character.  Odd that she's Small.

Luigi = New Animal Crossing?

I think Luigi 's death stare will last longer than he villager, primarily because he's a more popular character. People see an iconic character doing something exploitable, they pay attention.