Awoo.

Mario Kart 8 (Wii-U)

Nintendoga

Now can we finally stop saying Nintendoomed? XP

That would be nice but it'll continue for a while unfortunately.

On the plus side, I think Nintendo will finally start making a profit again rather than losses this year, more strong sales from games like MK8, Pokémon and Smash Bros. will only help that.

One year ago, superstition and Nintendoomed ruled.

It was an age of poor sales, it was an age of fear, it was the year of Luigi

No games by day, niche titles by night.

We were betrayed by the casual market we swore to uphold.

Doomed to poor sales by bad marketing and poor naming for the consoles lifespan.

Now with the release of Mario Kart 8, the trend is broken.

AND IT LIVES AGAIN!

ieWvNy6maDnBU.gif

• Thumbs Up 8

The impossible has just happened. The real Luigi is now scarier than Wegee.

ieWvNy6maDnBU.gif

Oh my God XD XD XD

Is that the guy who promoted the PlayStation 3 for five hundred and ninety-nine US dollars?

Nothing is for sure yet. While I did say more games would help the Wii U, it's been pointed out that this could just be a small boost and not actually carry the Wii U. But there's also Hyrule Warriors, Sonic Boom, Smash Bros, X, and maybe a couple other games that will boost the sales a bit further.

The problem with the Wii U was the lack of games. That is why the system slowly started selling more and more with each new release. A big game like Mario Kart and another big game like Smash Brothers will move lots of units.

Nothing is for sure yet. While I did say more games would help the Wii U, it's been pointed out that this could just be a small boost and not actually carry the Wii U. But there's also Hyrule Warriors, Sonic Boom, Smash Bros, X, and maybe a couple other games that will boost the sales a bit further.

The problem with the Wii U was the lack of games. That is why the system slowly started selling more and more with each new release. A big game like Mario Kart and another big game like Smash Brothers will move lots of units.

I know. I'm hoping that this is a good sign and that Nintendo will follow up on this. With E3 in a week, and their decision to keep this game's marketing going until December, I'm hoping Nintendo is going to do their best to keep the Wii U's momentum going.

That and I really wanted to make a Gargoyles reference.

Wow, that's great. I wasn't expecting that at all. Wonder how much it'll be at at the end of June. I wonder if lifetime sales will surpass Super circuit and Double Dash. I'm thinking it will, but it's hard to say with the current userbase and not know what the Wii U will look like at the end of it's life. The numbers from the first few days and the last few Mario Karts definitely point toward it surpassing them, though. Would be nice if it at least made Super Mario Kart numbers.

Another helpful bonus is Nintendo previously announced that they were no longer losing money on individual Wii U sales. So that is a plus, too. Granted, I know that Mario Kart 8 and Smash Bros. won't "save" the Wii U, but getting more good games on the console will. These two games will provide a huge boost, but Nintendo needs to continue announcing more games for the console in order to really pull back from this.

• Thumbs Up 4

Wow, great to hear that the game is selling so well! I wonder if it moved many Wii U's....

yet another MK/Blueshell related music vid

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YIe8s4-IexM&feature=player_embedded

I think I give up on inside drifting with less than 4 handling. I just suck too much butt at it.

Seems like the Sports Coupe is the best Kart. It has pretty much everything going for it.

Wait....is that Wilhelm Scream actually in there or was it added in? I couldn't help but laugh at this though.

Seems like the Sports Coupe is the best Kart. It has pretty much everything going for it.

Well technically since various vehicles in MK8 share the same stats, the following applies also to the Mach 8, the Circuit Special and the Gold Standard.  Then you also have the fact that tires and gliders influence your stats too and different terrains may cause some vehicles to become less favourable.  One may want to opt for vehicles with slightly better Grip on, say, Sherbet Land so you have greater stability.

Managed to get 1:49.766 in Water park with Luigi on the flame rider with crimson slim wheels and the cloud glider.

Edit: just beat it with Luigi on Sports coupecoupe with cyber slick wheels and the cloud glider.

Time: 1:49.457

Edit again! Lol: just beat my time again same combo but this time I was rosalina instead of Luigi.

Time:1:48.730

My old time was 1:51.160 with Ludwig on the yoshi bike with cyber slick wheels and parachute.

Time to do this with a kart.

Better traction means better grip right? If its high it would be good for icy levels and desert levels?

My main vehicle configuration is the Yoshi Bike with Crimson Slim tires and the Bowser Glider. I've been using it a lot as it's really well balanced.

My main characters are either my Mii or Rosalina. Shamefully, I haven't used Luigi since the other day.

My main was using flame rider with crimson wheels and I'm starting to notice the disadvantage of the combo when its on sand or ice.

Traction is just the new name for Offroad, Jords. You don't have to worry about it unless you overdrift.

To add to the above, Grip is definitely important on Bone Dry Dunes (sand), Mount Wario (ice in section 1, snow in sections 2/3), Dry Dry Desert (guess what) and Dolphin Shoals (all those underwater segments). Generally if you practice the game and get used enough to the engine you can overcome the slipperiness and do relatively well with low Grip combos. Overall I just go with Slim/Crimson Slim tires, they have a smaller Grip penalty and are speedy all around.

Looking at today's tournament score, did more people join later on or something? I seem to have missed the more crowded races. :v

I feel like the answer was obvious :s lol

Oh well, how can we tell which wheels has better grip?

Yeah, they joined around 6:30 (EST), it was pretty much just me, Jimbo, and you at first.

Hey, that's me!

Those first few races were painful. I think I won 1 or 2 of them, but finished last or 2nd to last every other time.

A word of advice to everyone: If there is one red shell, there are actually three red shells. Always.

Yeah, they joined around 6:30 (EST), it was pretty much just me, Jimbo, and you at first.

Yeah, that sounds about right.  

For what it's worth, I joined in time to spectate on MIck kicking the crap out of a Wario Stadium race.