Awoo.

Mario Kart 8 (Wii-U)

Nintendoga

In electrodrome, I think one of the shy guys was trying to sing. You can him out of the crowd. I thought it was funny.

Also, on the monitors that shows the koopas and Shy guys dancing, I'd guess the DJ was Larry koopa. Has the same hair style.

Funny how some toads are cheering for bowser, they show it by having flags with it saying "Lord Bowser". Keep an eye out on those toads peach. You can see it in Mario kart stadium.

In water park you can hear some type of merry go round music playing when near the Spinning shell ride. Its sounds like the same music in super Mario 64, the boo mansion world( forgot name).

Just small details I noticed after exploring the first three grand prixs.

Was playing online as Toad earlier when this happened, thankfully 8bit caught the moment.

http://youtu.be/pyW6zaoOIoI?t=22s

This game owns. I've only played DS & Wii, and Wii kinda put me off of things. But I"m in love with this game. I just hope we get some DLC for cool characters soon. (And that GLA)

Something is really bothering me about my game since I've gotten it. I got the Wii U bundle with Mario Kart 8, and it doesn't seem to have a PIN for Club Nintendo. I was told that Club Nintendo would automatically recognize my Wii U and MK8 if I linked the system with my account, and it did. It recognized the fact that I was eligible for the free game, though. Yet I never got a survey for MK8. Nor is there any sign that the game was registered to begin with.

Anyone else who got the bundle having this problem? Is it just Club Nintendo's site still shitting itself?

The copy of MK8 you got was a download, right? It should be under your purchase history (or whatever it's called on Club Nintendo) and there'll be a button of there for you to take the survey.

The bundle was a physical version.

I'm being told it'll take a day or two for it to register if I got the bundle, but it's already been three days.

Note that the 7.66 multiplier might not mean that much depending on how the Wii U performed the week preceding it.

Still a great start, second biggest debut for the series in the UK and Mario Kart is a series reliant on it's strong legs (or wheels perhaps in this case).

• Thumbs Up 7

Great news that the game is selling! I would have been really upset if the game was flopping, I'm really enjoying it so far.

These aren't mine but 

I swear Luigi Death Stare is my favourite meme of 2014 tbh. 

• Thumbs Up 5

Don't mind me though, just waiting for SuperLink to inevitably post the gif of when he beat me. 

Since SuperLink seems to be too kind:

tumblr_n6i6xjgCAs1sz36jto1_400.gif

C:

(god look at spindash all the way back in 4th place how pathetic)

• Thumbs Up 1

I figured I'd already waved that gif around enough on this forum yesterday for a week :v

• Thumbs Up 1

Well for one thing I'm a sucker for photo finishes and two I suppose I'm just more merciless than you then :U

• Thumbs Up 1

I'm glad to hear MK8 is selling well in the UK (our taste in vidyagames suck) but I wonder how it's doing in other countries, especially the US.

Here's a random funny gif I found;

tumblr_n6h9144Y8S1qc8pq6o1_400.gif

• Thumbs Up 7

I also remember reading that this is the second highest launch of a Mario Kart game, for what its worth

The "Luigi Death Stares" gifs are inarguably the best thing to come out of this game.

iWBcrxrRHgdN0.gif

LimitedFreshAdeliepenguin.gif

But the modified ones that recycle his face onto other .gifs are even better.

BZ9YklM.gif

ieWvNy6maDnBU.gif

• Thumbs Up 9

Mario Kart 8 is third place in the UK charts. First two places goes to Watch_Dogs on PS4 and Xbox One.

Hardware sales for the Wii U are up by a devilish 666 percent.

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2014/06/mario_kart_8_drives_wii_u_sales_in_the_uk_claims_second_place_behind_watch_dogs

Note that the 7.66 multiplier might not mean that much depending on how the Wii U performed the week preceding it.

Still a great start, second biggest debut for the series in the UK and Mario Kart is a series reliant on it's strong legs (or wheels perhaps in this case).

And remember, that's just the UK, we have yet to hear about the USA, Canada, Japan, and the rest of Europe(all of who are slightly more Nintendo friendly)

I expect that news soon though

I'm not usually one to make a post just for a gif or video but this one was too fantastic not to share

this game is a venerable goldmine

• Thumbs Up 8

So I'm giving time trail a shot and here are my times on the mushroom cup.

I used:

Yoshi bike with cyber slick and used parachute for these four tracks.

Mario kart stadium:

Ludwig

Time: 1:48.992

Water park:

Ludwig

Time: 1:51.160

Sweet sweet canyon:

Rosalina

Time: 1:58.302

Thwomp ruins:

Rosalina

Time: 2:01.134

I can probably find a better combination to get faster times but didn't feel like testing each vehicle.

Also I think I'm getting used to the inside drifting, but these were the easy levels so it wasn't hard managing these tracks with the inside drift.

Oh my fuck that gif. Greatest.

Awesome to see the game selling so well. That's about 400,000 copies a days so far. Interested to see how far it goes.