Awoo.

Guilty Gear Xrd (Arcade/PS3/PS4)

Remy

Arcsys isn't putting it on Xbone or 360 because those systems are basically dead in the water in Japan.  Blazblue also sold best in the US on the PS3.  

Hey, they now know there is a demand on the Wii-u, and there is a good chance it will come, that was just neither the time or place to show it

• Thumbs Up 1

There isn't a good chance it will come to the Wii U at all. I'd suggest not setting yourself up for disappointment.

• Thumbs Up 2

About time we got more info!!! Gosh that looks lovely! Most of the characters I use are revealed already. Im still hopin for Baiken. But still, pretty sweet ! cant wait to see more!

There's still no Slayer reveal and Robo-Ky probably won't even return.

I have no one to use in this game I especially want to at the moment.

There's still no Slayer reveal and Robo-Ky probably won't even return.

I have no one to use in this game I especially want to at the moment.

Join the club

So I heard you guys liek vampires with swag

gg-pachinko-6.jpg

Baiken? What the hell is a Baiken, a pokemanz or something?

People on dustloop have been connecting these images to Xrd too, but there's no real evidence that they'll all use the same designs.

I assume they'll LOOK like them. But not exactly.

BTW I want Sin in this.

Edited by 少佐 Jin H. Kisaragi

Those concepts may be from a Pachinko, but some of them like May's, Ky's and Sol's come close to their Xrd appearance's.

And shoot, That Man better finally be playable

This month's issue of Famitsu magazine is already chock full of info regarding the Playstation 3 release of BlazBlue: Chrono Phanstasma, but will also include new information regarding the looming 2014 release of the highly awaited Guilty Gear Xrd -SIGN-. Click the jump for more info.

During the official Xrd trailer #2, Axl Low and I-no were revealed, and now we will not only get a closer look at the character design/artwork, but it was also annouced that both characters will be playable come Loketest #2 this November!!

And if that was not enough by itself (because it obviously isn't) Famitsu will also feature a lenghty interview with That Man himself, Ishiwatari Daisuke! Stay tuned in the coming weeks for more info regarding the second loketest, as well as a translation of the interview featuring Ishiwatari-san.

n1az.jpg

More info on its way.
Edited by 少佐 Jin H. Kisaragi

I would like to see it at the Next EVO, assuming if they can get ASW's to come. It would be good to do some play testing over here in the West too, plenty of Guilty Gear fans over hear.

But I doubt it, problemly not till EVO 2015

The arcade version won't even be out until next year :\

That sucks, the could at least show off more of the location Test version, like even in the U.S.

Who knows, they may find bugs, suggestions and stuff by watching Westerners play that they couldn't find by Japanese players.

That sucks, the could at least show off more of the location Test version, like even in the U.S.

Arc only does arcade shit in Japan.

Who knows, they may find bugs, suggestions and stuff by watching Westerners play that they couldn't find by Japanese players.

I doubt it.

We don't know yet.

Actually rewatching the second trailer, you briefly see Sol on the right when axel takes him out, he's holding his sword in his right hand. I guess they had to for hitbox's sake and the like.  

So in some fairly recent footage of GG Xrd location tests that has since been taken off youtube (but you can still see in this video), I can't help but notice that there are these yellow caution looking signs poping up over the characters sometimes, and I can't help but be, shall we say, nervous that they've brought over the honestly kinda doofy throw escape system from Blazblue.  You know the one, instead of getting rid of grab loops just make throw escapes that also leave you at full screen for some reason a core mechanic.  Kinda ruined Blazblue for me (along with some of the less appealing new characters like the lolis and anti gravity torpedo tits).  of course it might just be to signify that the hit was a counter hit, because it doesn't exactly look like grab, but I always figured that the announcer yelling COUNTER!!! was enough.  

It also shows one spot where I can't help but think the style kind of lets itself down, namely potemkin's walk cycle seems to all into koF XIII territory and look more prerendered than cell shaded all of a sudden.  

By the way it was only fairly recently that I found out that the character designer from Guilty Gear was not the same guy who designed the characters from Blazblue, which kinda makes it extra weird how similar some of them are to their Guilty Gear counterparts.  

So in some fairly recent footage of GG Xrd location tests that has since been taken off youtube (but you can still see in this video), I can't help but notice that there are these yellow caution looking signs poping up over the characters sometimes, and I can't help but be, shall we say, nervous that they've brought over the honestly kinda doofy throw escape system from Blazblue.  You know the one, instead of getting rid of grab loops just make throw escapes that also leave you at full screen for some reason a core mechanic.  Kinda ruined Blazblue for me (along with some of the less appealing new characters like the lolis and anti gravity torpedo tits).  of course it might just be to signify that the hit was a counter hit, because it doesn't exactly look like grab, but I always figured that the announcer yelling COUNTER!!! was enough.  

It also shows one spot where I can't help but think the style kind of lets itself down, namely potemkin's walk cycle seems to all into koF XIII territory and look more prerendered than cell shaded all of a sudden.  

By the way it was only fairly recently that I found out that the character designer from Guilty Gear was not the same guy who designed the characters from Blazblue, which kinda makes it extra weird how similar some of them are to their Guilty Gear counterparts.  

I never really had a problem with the throw escape system. :\  Are dusts automated now, that angle seems kind of awkward.\\

Actually Phos, I see your point now, nvm.

Edited by Mr. J

I don't need to say it but I have to for the sake of information; Guilty Gear did come first and BlazBlue recycled a lot of GG's designs and/or powers (eg. Ky - Jin, Slayer - Rachel) and I mean Arkys does own GG anyways so I don't see why they can't just recycle what they own. But it does make them seem lazy since they practically took GG and threw it in a pot of anime cliches and called it BlazBlue.

And yes I do know that Ragna was based off Vash the Stampede. He does have quite a bit of Sol in him however. But ehhhhh... I don't know where I'm going with this so I'm just gonna call it a post.

Edited by Crow the BOOLET

I really hope that's not the case; I like BB and all, but its throw system is stupid beyond belief.