Awoo.

Guilty Gear Xrd (Arcade/PS3/PS4)

Remy

Says absolutely no one so I have no fucking clue why you brought that up.

Every time someone brought up the fact that the Wii U barely had any games outside their first party franchises and that it wasn't appealing to them for that reason. EVERYBODY was claiming "Nintendo franchises are the only reason to buy Nintendo consoles" and treated third party as if they were an afterthought.

It'd be a waste, because Nintendo fans won't buy it. Would you two buy Guilty Gear on Wii U?

At this point, I'll buy all the unique looking third party shit I can get. I'm sure many Wii U owners feel the same way.

Are you fucking serious here? No seriously, are you TRYING to piss me off?

Nah you're just getting upset for no reason.

• Thumbs Up 2

Every time someone brought up the fact that the Wii U barely had any games outside their first party franchises and that it wasn't appealing to them for that reason. EVERYBODY was claiming "Nintendo franchises are the only reason to buy Nintendo consoles" and treated third party as if they were an afterthought.

did you not see the past week when everyone was bitching about the lack of third parties or what

Edited by Wraith
  • Thumbs Up 1

Hey I am not a huge fighter guy, but I like the occasional one, and love having good multiplayer games, so yeah, if I was looking for a game to add to my library I would get it

did you not see the past week when everyone was bitching about the lack of third parties or what

Yea, and I also noticed the people who were arguing against those complaints with the fact that Nintendo had its first party franchises and denouncing third party as an afterthought.

In case you're wondering why I'm arguing this, its because AC+ didn't sell well at all on the Wii at all, it sold vastly inferior to the PS2 version despite the PS2 being damn near dead at that point. So what makes people think Xrd will sell any better?

Yea, and I also noticed the people who were arguing against those complaints with the fact that Nintendo had its first party franchises and denouncing third party as an afterthought.

In case you're wondering why I'm arguing this, its because AC+ didn't sell well at all on the Wii at all, it sold vastly inferior to the PS2 version despite the PS2 being damn near dead at that point. So what makes people think Xrd will sell any better?

That shit re-released on PSN and Live though, and people was ready for it lol. Like, so ready they checked that shit daily to see if it was uploaded, even downloading the psp version by mistake (Azue Yakuzu).

Edited by Noel

And why does it matter that it sells better than the other versions? No seriously. If they can put it out and make a profit off of it, who the hell cares?

I can support this, but I dunno how feasible it would be. While I don't think it has been confirmed I find it hard to believe that Xrd is being worked on in anything but Unreal Engine 4. I mean it might not be, but I just have this feeling that it is and my question is can the UE4 run on the Wii U? I'm only asking because I don't know.

Either way if it is running on UE4 and IF it isn't compatible with the Wii U then I imagine they'd have to do a lot of work just to get it to work on the Wii U in the first place that I am not sure if it would be profitable enough for them to do it. There is demand for it, obviously, and the more 3rd party support for the Wii U the better (not to mention GG Is a great franchise everyone should be able to play it) I just have a feeling the platforms being targeted are PS4/Xbox One and Arcade.

But again its not like we know exactly what the game is running on as far as I know. If it's feasible for them to make a WiiU edition of the game and not break the bank doing so then I say they should go for it, even if it was just a digital download. I have a feeling the majority of the market for this game will be on the PS4 and Xbox One but a digital release on Wii U would probably work. Maybe a limited physical run too. Fighting games are kinda niche as it is and I'd hate for Arc to be put in a situation where they are making crappy money in a niche genre on a system that it'd be even more of a niche title on, especially since this is a revival of Guilty Gear we're talking about here. But again...if they can put it on there I see no reason why they shouldn't :3.

• Thumbs Up 2

And why does it matter that it sells better than the other versions? No seriously. If they can put it out and make a profit off of it, who the hell cares?

You didn't say that about F-Zero.

• Thumbs Up 4

That's what the petition is for. If there's an interest, they'll do it. If there isn't, they wont.

Plus, I don't see the problem with it being on the Wii U anyway, unless the fighting community has somehow become so elitist that they don't want a game on another console because more people might play it.

Shockingly this is similar to the F-Zero discussion, "why make another game when the last game sold poorly"? Well maybe if it's marketed it will sell well, maybe since it would be one of the few 3rd party Wii U games to see the light of day it would sell a decent amount? And also because the Wii U needs more damn games in general? Seriously, this hurts NO ONE and can only help things.

Edited by Soniman

Because F-Zero didn't apparently make profit, or at least not enough. Also, I'm not saying F-Zero shouldn't exist, just that I can see why Nintendo is being a dick about it. That, however, really has NOTHING to do with this. This is a multiplatform title that's going to be on pretty much all the major platforms, so that doesn't really compare now does it? Now, if they made it EXCLUSIVE for Wii U? Then yeah, there'd be a problem there. This is like whining that Ubisoft decided to put Legends on Vita, when they already have the tools to do so. Arc CAN be a dick about it and I won't get mad, but if they want to do this (which they're considering it), what's there to get mad about?

Edited by Super Mario

That's what the petition is for. If there's an interest, they'll do it. If there isn't, they wont.

Plus, I don't see the problem with it being on the Wii U anyway, unless the fighting community has somehow become so elitist that they don't want a game on another console because more people might play it.

Shockingly this is similar to the F-Zero discussion, "why make another game when the last game sold poorly"? Well maybe if it's marketed it will sell well, maybe since it would be one of the few 3rd party Wii U games to see the light of day it would sell a decent amount? And also because the Wii U needs more damn games in general? Seriously, this hurts NO ONE and can only help things.

Because as someone else pointed out, it costs money to make a port, especially if its running on the unreal engine. No one is denying there isn't demand, but that it might not be the most profitable thing to do in the long run. Why should Arc pour so much money into a console they never really developed for in the first place?

If it sells well then good for them, but if it doesn't that's a lot of money gone to waste. 

The Unreal Engine is already fully supported by Wii U, this isn't like Frostbite 3. It's pretty much a non issue. Seriously.

Well when I brought it up I meant it only makes sense for them to port it if it won't cost them a lot of money. However to clarify now, I am super impressed. It turns out they are running on the Unreal Engine 3 which TO MY KNOWLEDGE would run on a Wii U system quite easily. How they managed to churn the quality out they did with UE3 is beyond me and now I really wanna see some behind the scenes just to get how they managed that but whatever.

The point is I think it'd be totally possible for them to port to the Wii U. I guess this means there is a possibility it might land on current gen systems still. But with the Wii U Market I still believe the best thing they could do is do a digital release, as well as maybe a limited physical release. We still don't know what platforms the game will release on but I imagine with the UE3 they can port to a variety of systems if they wanted to. It'd still cost them extra money (licenses and all kinds of development costs) but it might not be as huge of a problem as I initially thought. Again I'd really like for this game to be on as many things as they feel is right because Guilty Gear is a damn good fighting franchise, but the Wii U market isn't so hot nor is it the hub of fighters so I think they'd need to rethink their release strategy for it compared to other consoles. But it'd be cool for Wii U owners if it still came out for them too.

But really? I'm just blown away its UE3 and not UE4, right on Arc :3.

Weren't you just making the opposite argument in the F-Zero thread?

• Thumbs Up 4

I feel that I muddled my words a bit in the F-Zero thread, or my initial meaning was somehow lost. All I was saying is I can see WHY Nintendo is being a dick over F-Zero. I would be happy to see another one, mind, but I just stopped caring because, it seems like Nintendo doesn't want to do anything with it. If Arc System Works WANTS to do this, let them do it. If they don't, they don't. This game runs on the UE 3, which runs perfectly on the Wii U so it's not like building a game from the ground up or pulling a Battlefield...is it 4 or 3? Shit, I can't remember.

Just signed it because why not? Everyone should have an option to play Guilty Gear on their console.

• Thumbs Up 3

This is funny, the game isn't even out in arcades yet lol.

Doesn't seem that odd to me considering the arcade scene is nowhere near as big as it used to be.

Heh, never had even heard of Guilty gear before this(only played old time fighters, mainly the Capcom marvel fighting series, and the soulcaliber series)m but it looks extremely impressive, and love a good fighter, so signed the petition, and like I said before, it would make a great addition to my collection

Doesn't seem that odd to me considering the arcade scene is nowhere near as big as it used to be.

Wouldn't be so sure bout that young grasshopper, overseas in Japanland arcades are big. :P

• Thumbs Up 2

Wouldn't be so sure bout that young grasshopper, overseas in Japanland arcades are big. tongue.png

I was mainly talking about everywhere else, here, the places that aren't Japan that would really desire a Wii U port or any other console port of a title. Just because Japan's arcade scene is doing a lot better than ours doesn't make it seem odd or funny that all the people posting in here would be talking about console ports already. To me it only makes sense.

Edit: Also I am not a young grasshopper I am older than you :v

Edited by Meow
  • Thumbs Up 1