Awoo.

Guilty Gear Xrd (Arcade/PS3/PS4)

Remy

The Arcade scene doesn't have nearly as much appeal as it used to, at least in the West. I can see why people are already asking about console versions. Arcade might be best, but I don't know how many people can actually buy and fit a cabinet in their house. tongue.png

• Thumbs Up 1

.....I would buy the new Guilty Gear on the Wii U because fuck year, Arc fighters ;-;

I mean I don't see a problem with it being a Wii-U. But I do know what Azure is talking about. My main concern is BlazBlue characters being in my fucking Guilty Gear ph34r.png

Okay I kid, I kid. I like BlazBlue.

This is great, the 2 biggest arguments on the site today completely contradict each other.

I have no idea what's going on anymore.

• Thumbs Up 2

Ehhhhh... I'm on the fence with GG being on the Wii U.

I'm sure that Guilty Gear would get more exposure by being on the Wii U mostly due to being that now rare fighter on the system, third party at that.

But as the discussions brought in, I do wonder if the Wii U controller can even handle doing imputs this kind of game has. If you can pop in Dragon Install on that thing, well good for you then. Also as mentioned the Wii U version it wouldn't see well, not to mention fans are probably ready for the game's release on PS3/360. Guilty Gear is pretty obscure at this point and I doubt any Nintendo fans would know or care about the game's history it had made for itself.

But who knows. Everyone knows Bridget at this point so why not.

Is it to be assumed that all games are a hassle to port to Wii U, just because DICE made a really awkward engine for console gaming? Just saying that, once again, this is a UE3 game and could be ported to nearly whatever for far less effort than anything like that.

So hey, on an up note, this has been up for what, one day? and its reached over 1500 votes(its now 1900+ to be precise), and thats a good sign of support, I mean, you get enough, and you will have plenty of demand, just need to show. I say there is plenty of possibility of this happening, we just have to wait and see. Just had to show we wanted it

Edited by Mandobardanjusik

So hey, on an up note, this has been up for what, one day? and its reached over 1500 votes(its now 1900+ to be precise), and thats a good sign of support, I mean, you get enough, and you will have plenty of demand, just need to show. I say there is plenty of possibility of this happening, we just have to wait and see. Just had to show we wanted it

if they do get it people better fucking buy it, otherwise they will never look at wii u again. They did that shit with the 360, completely abandoned that console for BlazBlue Chronophantasma.

Edited by Noel
  • Thumbs Up 1

It can't hurt anyone other than the people that wanted it, then. Which, kind of sucks, but what are you gonna do?

Merged with existing topic due to Twitter/Petitions not necessarily being valid sources.

No you wouldn't lol.

If you're ever going to argue for a notion that a game doesn't deserve exposure to a crowd that doesn't deserve exposure the best thing I can ever advise to you is to never pull the No True Scotsman argument in conjunction with trivializing someone's opinion this way. Because Christ almighty this statement is some absolutely pathetic desperation at winning an argument.

• Thumbs Up 5

Y'know, if you wanted to play Guilty Gear, you shouldn't have bought a Wii U in the first place. You KNOW the Playstation is the best console in Japan for fighters and you KNOW Nintendo is retarded with third parties. There aren't going to be nearly as good sales for Wii U for Xrd as there are on the other consoles, and in time, Arc won't even bother with the Wii again.

Go play Smash or something, isn't that what everyone is so hyped for

Edited by Jin Hakumen Kisaragi
  • Thumbs Up 1

Y'know, if you wanted to play Guilty Gear, you shouldn't have bought a Wii U in the first place. You KNOW the Playstation is the best console in Japan for fighters and you KNOW Nintendo is retarded with third parties. There aren't going to be nearly as good sales for Wii U for Xrd as there are on the other consoles, and in time, Arc won't even bother with the Wii again.

What exactly is the problem with porting it if there's demand, though?

• Thumbs Up 1

What exactly is the problem with porting it if there's demand, though?

There isn't any. The problem is that the Wii isn't made to play Competitive Fighting games like Arcs fighters, while the PS and Xbox handle them much better. There's no point in porting it over to Wii for the small group of people who play seriously but can't due to the controller, and the other small group who just wants to have it so they can say they have it.

There isn't any. The problem is that the Wii isn't made to play Competitive Fighting games like Arcs fighters, while the PS and Xbox handle them much better. There's no point in porting it over to Wii for the small group of people who play seriously but can't due to the controller, and the other small group who just wants to have it so they can say they have it.

Um... We're talking about the Wii U here, not the Wii, the former has a controller that is pretty much exactly the same as the 360 controller except with a touch screen in the middle.

• Thumbs Up 1

There isn't any. The problem is that the Wii isn't made to play Competitive Fighting games like Arcs fighters, while the PS and Xbox handle them much better. There's no point in porting it over to Wii for the small group of people who play seriously but can't due to the controller, and the other small group who just wants to have it so euthey can say they have it.

I hope you realize we're talking about the Wii U and not the Wii.

Wii-U-Pro-Controller1.jpg

This controller is still a thing. "but the controller isn't made for hardcore fighting" is a bullshit excuse anyway because the wii u pad has all the buttons a normal controller has anyway.

Um... We're talking about the Wii U here, not the Wii, the former has a controller that is pretty much exactly the same as the 360 controller except with a touch screen in the middle.

I'm talking about both Wii's. And the 360 controller was pretty shitty too bro. The touch screen would make it even more unorthodox, hence why I still think the Playstation is the console for these kinds of games.

I hope you realize we're talking about the Wii U and not the Wii.

This controller is still a thing. "but the controller isn't made for hardcore fighting" is a bullshit excuse anyway because the wii u pad has all the buttons a normal controller has anyway.

I can already see at first glance that this controller would make me wanna break it in a fighting game. Wii D-Pad. (Besides is it really neccesary to put the power button so close to the D-Pad and action buttons)

]

I can already see at first glance that this controller would make me wanna break it in a fighting game. Wii D-Pad. (Besides is it really neccesary to put the power button so close to the D-Pad and action buttons)

The Wii U D Pad isn't even the same one. It just looks similar. 

From what I hear from people who played Tekken on the Wii U, the controller works fine.

The argument at this point basically boils down to "people wouldn't be enjoying the game the way I think the right way is" which is stupid.

Y'know, if you wanted to play Guilty Gear, you shouldn't have bought a Wii U in the first place.

For a while it looked like we'd never get another Guilty Gear.

Oh shut up.

ArcSys were the ones who introduced Auto-Combos and Basic Modes in fighting games.

"Competitive" is really not an issue.

• Thumbs Up 3

The Wii U D Pad isn't even the same one. It just looks similar. 

From what I hear from people who played Tekken on the Wii U, the controller works fine.

The argument at this point basically boils down to "people wouldn't be enjoying the game the way I think the right way is" which is stupid.

Tekken isn't Arc bro. Lol.

But to put an end to this, I don't REALLY care if it does get a Wii U release, I just personally think it's a waste.

For a while it looked like we'd never get another Guilty Gear.

Point taken, it was, indeed, announced a while after Wii U's release.

ArcSys were the ones who introduced Auto-Combos and Basic Modes in fighting games.

"Competitive" is really not an issue.

Very true. I admit.

Oh shut up.

Yes sir. ;w;

From what others have said about it, and I wouldn't disagree with them, is that the Wii U D-pad works like a dream.

And you don't need touch-screen controls to make it work with the Wii U gamepad, you'd think just a movelist on the gamepad screen would suffice. Unobtrusive, simple, and doesn't take away from the actual gameplay. Not rocket science.

Personally, I think the Wii U gamepad has a way better d-pad than the 360, even better form factor, and is leagues better than the Dualshock, which has terrible ergonomics.

and is leagues better than the Dualshock, which has terrible ergonomics.

I wouldn't say that the Dualshock is that ergonomically bad. I mean, if I use a new D-Pad I burn my thumb, admittingly, but if they use the same D-Pad from the PSP Vita for the new Dualshock, I think that's easily the best D-Pad on the market.

In any case, I'm not going to discuss the Wii U controller too much, since I shouldn't be talking a lot without having really tested it.

The Wii U D-Pad is amazing, better than the Dualshock 3's. If you wanna play a fighting game and I play lots of fighting games, you can't really go wrong with a Wii U controller if you're stuck with a controller and not a fightstick?

I can't believe there's even an argument about why a multiconsole game shouldn't be on a console that sorely needs more multiconsole, games holy fuckin' shit. It's not like the PS4 or Xbox One lose anything by there being a Wii U version, but god damn the Wii U has a nice controller for fighting games and I think the userbase would probably like fighting games too, the 3DS has tons of fighting games.

Sure putting it on Wii U doesn't make the most sense, but why not? Why not.. throw Nintendo a bone. For once. It probably won't happen anyway, but given how awful the Wii U's support is lately it's groundbreaking they're even considering it and I for one and pretty happy about it..! Let me be happy, please. This morning there were like 3 games announced that are only on PC, PS3, 360, PS4 and One. Deep breaths SuperLink.

Edited by SuperLink
  • Thumbs Up 2

The Wii U D-Pad is amazing, better than the Dualshock 3's. If you wanna play a fighting game and I play lots of fighting games, you can't really go wrong with a Wii U controller if you're stuck with a controller and not a fightstick?

I can't believe there's even an argument about why a multiconsole game shouldn't be on a console that sorely needs more multiconsole, games holy fuckin' shit. It's not like the PS4 or Xbox One lose anything by there being a Wii U version, but god damn the Wii U has a nice controller for fighting games and I think the userbase would probably like fighting games too, the 3DS has tons of fighting games.

Sure putting it on Wii U doesn't make the most sense, but why not? Why not.. throw Nintendo a bone. For once. It probably won't happen anyway, but given how awful the Wii U's support is lately it's groundbreaking they're even considering it and I for one and pretty happy about it..! Let me be happy, please. This morning there were like 3 games announced that are only on PC, PS3, 360, PS4 and One. Deep breaths SuperLink.

Its not that nobody wants it on the Wii U but rather explaining the risks involved with porting it to such. If it succeeds, then yaaay Wii U has third party support,  but if it fails or doesn't turn enough of a profit, that's a large sum of money gone to waste. There's a reason the new Blazblue isn't coming to 360.

I don't think Arc are that short on money they pump out very detailed fighting games like no one's business and fighting games are expensive. BB isn't on 360 because it became increasingly obvious over the gen where the market for fighting games was, and especially which consoles did well in Japan.

Wii U does better in Japan than anywhere else atm so it's worth a try, it's a new gen, every system is arguably a new slate, there's no reason to believe they won't try for a similar process of testing waters until they know where it does best.