Awoo.

Sonic Lost World Announced

Carbo

... .... You know what the most tragic thing of all is?.

I have absolutely no intention of getting the Wii-U.

Yet I know if theres an awesome collectors edition, I'll almost certainly buy the game, but not the console.

Help me!

What if the game is like this: A whole open world, kinda like Spyro(not too big, not too small), but with Adventure play-style? Btw, this photoshop was made over the game "Hyperdimension Neptunia V", I just did because of the obvious similarities.

Lostworldcopy_zps35885b33.jpg

• Thumbs Up 9

So, is Nintendo actually helping make the game?

...so this means it'll actually be good...?

Just what we wanted, right?

Right?

• Thumbs Up 2

... .... You know what the most tragic thing of all is?.

I have absolutely no intention of getting the Wii-U.

Yet I know if theres an awesome collectors edition, I'll almost certainly buy the game, but not the console.

Help me!

I don't think you need to worry. Nintendo are publishing this game in Europe. Nintendo never does awesome collectors editions (at most you'll get a tin), and SOA doesn't seem to bother with them either.

What if the game is like this: A whole open world, kinda like Spyro(not too big, not too small), but with Adventure play-style? Btw, this photoshop was made over the game "Hyperdimension Neptunia V", I just did because of the obvious similarities.

Heeeeeey. I like this idea. If the level had more pieces that resembled something from a Sonic game (loops, ramps, etc.), I could totally get behind this.

Some people are thinking that Nintendo is involved with development. That probably isn't the case. Maybe they have put in their input and that may have affected the game but... other than that, SEGA is in charge of this.

Edited by lLuckySeven

Don't do this. You continued directly responding to people quoting you about your thoughts concerning 06, therefore you are just as responsible for contributing to that tangent as anyone else. Whatever nuance you want to drudge up about why you even mentioned the game in the first place is irrelevant, thus I'm not in the mood to entertain it.

For future reference, deflecting blame for things in public after a mod has spoken just worsens and prolongs the situation and makes us annoyed. When a mod says stop, just stop. If you need to negotiate any warnings, PM an administrator and explain the situation to them. Don't get on your soapbox in the thread itself.

And to everyone else, don't concern yourself with the situation. I got this. Back to discussing Lost World; all of you.

Edited by Diz

BACK ON TOPIC. where did this come from?...  this wasnt leaked or anything was it?

Edited by Nepenthe

So... Sonic Lost World.

It's probably just wishful thinking on my part, but I do wonder if the Lost World in question will have anything to do with the Little Planet...

BACK ON TOPIC. where did this come from?...  this wasnt leaked or anything was it?

Its a photoshop, as the person who posted it explained.

I think this was constructed with a fan engine like Sonic GDK... Not sure though.

So I don't have to, but at the same time I don't have the privilege. Wonderful. How about everyone just stops responding to my sonic 06 remarks and we can all just ignore it, like the mod wants.

It's fake man.

It's fake. It's photoshopped from a game called Hyper Dimension Neptunia V.

EDIT: Ninja'd.

Edited by Tomoki

So... Sonic Lost World.

It's probably just wishful thinking on my part, but I do wonder if the Lost World in question will have anything to do with the Little Planet...

I was never especially fond of the Little Planet, I'd kind of rather they do their own thing than feel the need to pay tribute to SCD. Edited by Diogenes
  • Thumbs Up 1

I was never especially fond of the Little Planet, I'd kind of rather they do their own thing than feel the need to pay tribute to SCD.

Yeah, we had our Little Planet reference in S4E2. I want it to be something else, something entirely new.

And to everyone else, don't concern yourself with the situation. I got this. Back to discussing Lost World; all of you.

Initially missed this while responding, my apologies.

So, what do you guys think the Wii U Gamepad screen will be used for in Lost Worlds? I honestly can't think of anything outside of a level map or the gameplay HUD.

I bet... if you posted that on twitter with the tags #Soniclostworld or #leaked.

It would be on almost every major news site before the day was up.

So, what do you guys think the Wii U Gamepad screen will be used for in Lost Worlds? I honestly can't think of anything outside of a level map or the gameplay HUD

Touch the enemies on the pad to make sonic dash from one to the other! Or some other non game problem that doesn't exist which the gamepad will solve.

• Thumbs Up 2

I bet... if you posted that on twitter with the tags #Soniclostworld or #leaked.

I don't know whether to say "DO IT" or not. Probably not.

So, what do you guys think the Wii U Gamepad screen will be used for in Lost Worlds? I honestly can't think of anything outside of a level map or the gameplay HUD.

I would think it would be a map, or some kind-of ring and time keeper, or if power-ups are included like Sonic Colors, some sort-of touch screen that allows you to use the power-ups by touching it.

Edited by Winston

Touch the enemies on the bad to make sonic dash from one to the other! Or some other non game problem that doesn't exist which the gamepad will solve.

If they were able to buy into a rumor that couldn't be more fake if it tried, I'm sure they would almost immediately buy into this as well.

I think it'll either be in 1080p at 30 FPS, or 720p at 60 FPS

I would be fine with either one :B

...When I multiquoted these I didn't realise just how many pages back I was BUT REPLYING ANYWAY.

I loved it when they did that with Unleashed though. They showed off each location and the kinda stuff you could look forward to without spoiling all the surprises the level had to offer.

I beg to differ.  Literally every big set-piece outside of Eggmanland is spoiled in the Unleashed country-by-country trailers.  Savannah Citadel's tree and wall running, Cool Edge's whales and bobsledding, Rooftop Run's alleyway dodging, curved grind over that one vista, and clock tower grind, Dragon Road's dragon-y loop things, water running and fireworks, etc etc... I literally don't remember a single impressive set-piece actually impressing me until Eggmanland due to those damn trailers.  Obviously I've learned my lesson since.  I didn't watch any trailers for Sonic Colours after the initial ones and it made it great (I didn't even know Asteroid Coaster existed as a stage for example, was a complete new experience when I played!).  After the initial trailer I'll be doing the same thing with this game.

(I admit I was weak with Generations and watched the trailers since no-one here would fucking shut up about the level lists in status updates etc so I basically knew everything before it came out anyway...)

You could just drop off the Internet till the game drops

I think the majority of us who are here would be losing a good 50% of our lives by doing this, c'mon.

Edited by JezMM
  • Thumbs Up 2

You guys are such detectives. Do you even read posts or my english is really that bad? :P I did that photoshop over the game Neptunia V, to illustrate what's in my mind, and ask how would you react if the game was like that. You know, to spark discussion? About. Lost World. Not Sonic 06 ffs.

• Thumbs Up 6

Probably nothing in levels. It'd be hard to ask the player to keep switching attention back and forth between the gamepad screen and the TV with a character who spends most of his time moving at high speeds. If they end up having some kind of assemble/rearrange-the-map gimmick it'd probably be used for that.