Awoo.

Sonic Lost World Announced

Carbo

How much pocket money do you get and/or how much do newsagents pay paper boys in Singapore? O_o

I can't work sadly, but until I was 12, I used to like help my mom out with groceries and I'd get commissioned. I didn't use to have pocket money. So yeah, I helped a lot and I saved a lot since I was 5.

But then, yeah, Dad still helped a bit ya know.

Games here, new ones are at a standard $70, unless it's FIFA then it would be $85. Months later, it will drop to around $50, FIFA would be $70. Then a year later, it'd be $30-40 and FIFA will just be taken off for the newer FIFA title.

(all of those are in SGD :/)

Now, I get 16USD a week, it's not exactly enough, but hey, I'm trying to see what I can do.

(ifyaguyswatchmyvideosonyoutubeorbuymyalbumwhichispayaslittle/asmuchasyawant,it'llhelpmealotsothx)

AND SINGAPOREAN GAMES ARE LIKE 0/10. I don't know I find them bleh.

Edited by Faseeh

Yeah, you gotta account for currency exchange. If you receive 16USD a week, that means 64 USD a month. Accounting for currency exchange, a new game is 56.44 USD in Singapore.

It's a bit harder than that on other countries.

• Thumbs Up 1

I'm like 14 and I saved up and bought a DS for Rush and some other games when I was like 9? and then PS3 for Unleashed when I was 11? A Wii for Colours when I was 12?

Yup, I know I at least paid as much as I could, my father prolly added a bit.

The problem is... my DS went kaboom, I still use my PS3 from time to time, my Wii is just gathering dust.

I guess I'll still save up for the Wii U but whether I wanna get it or not, depends. I'm liking how the game's rolling along so far, so I hope it only gets better.

You have the benefit of not having the costs of life.

I remember those days. Those days were good.

• Thumbs Up 4

Don't any of you non wiiUwanting people know anyone with a wiiU? Could always ask to play round theirs?

Don't any of you non wiiUwanting people know anyone with a wiiU? Could always ask to play round theirs?

Even if they did, who's to say they're Sonic fans and would want to pay money for this game?

Even if they did, who's to say they're Sonic fans and would want to pay money for this game?
Rent the game? Buy it, beat it, return it so it doesn't hurt your wallet.

On terrain and stuff...

There are only so many types of terrain in the world, unfortunately. After twenty years you kind of run out.

Really I think Unleashed had the best idea, since it focused on architecture as well as terrain; if there was another game that actually had cities and towns and such, they really could do well with studying architecture in every nook and cranny of the globe. There are 200 countries, and most of those have many cultural subdivisions within them (thank you arbitrary human borders). There'd be a lot of inspiration studying those places.

Rent the game? Buy it, beat it, return it so it doesn't hurt your wallet.

Really this would probably be a good idea for those not interested in a Wii U. No one gets left behind!

Edited by Ogilvie Maurice

Yeah, you gotta account for currency exchange. If you receive 16USD a week, that means 64 USD a month. Accounting for currency exchange, a new game is 56.44 USD in Singapore.

It's a bit harder than that on other countries.

but there is a whole wii u i need to save up for :V

Sure, and you can save up for it with much more ease than many people here, that's my point tongue.png

Yeah, I agree with the other suggestions. If you can't afford investing in a brand new console, maybe you should just try renting/borrowing someone else's Wii U to play the game. Skip out on owning.

or become a prostitute.

but there is a whole wii u i need to save up for :V

Its still pretty easy for you. You're getting money for free. No tax, don't have to worry about bills, loans, mortgages etc.

Yeah, I agree with the other suggestions. If you can't afford investing in a brand new console, maybe you should just try renting/borrowing someone else's Wii U to play the game. Skip out on owning.

Indeed. The used game / renting concept exists for a reason... so people who aren't quite as equipped to buy everything full price can still enjoy the product or service.

In some countries I guess people actually run businesses where you go in and play video games. Not arcades, actual console video games. If not for the way the market is such a thing would definitely be viable in the United States and Europe, so one really wouldn't need to worry about the price of the Wii U at all. Ah well, that's just economics I guess.

Of course there's still the problem of not knowing anyone with a Wii U but... for a lot of people using someone else's Wii U greatly alleviates the problem. My best friend is pretty poor but he managed to get a Wii U with some birthday money, so I'm set in that regard.

I'll probably get one of my own though. Don't really like sharing consoles.

Edited by Ogilvie Maurice

So about the game itself...

SonicLostWorld610.jpg

I know we discussed the levels already but what of that white....mountain thing behind the fire level/grass? You could say it looks like a cloud but I dunno.

I'm still amused that the "world" lacks a core center. All that's there is the "crust" of the world, and even that is incomplete.

Makes me wonder if the world is formed/constructed as Sonic and Tails run around it all or not.

So about the game itself...

SonicLostWorld610.jpg

I know we discussed the levels already but what of that white....mountain thing behind the fire level/grass? You could say it looks like a cloud but I dunno.

Wait, hold on. It has clouds. How?

Definitely looks like a cloud, but of a different sort than the ones surrounding the planetoid. They're more solid-looking and tinted differently. It's Sky World, I guess.

YA KNOW. THAT JUST REMINDS ME.

I WANT A STAGE IN THIS GAME. Where we can actually control the freaking plane and not pewpewpew the enemies.

Please, SEGA. Nintendo. C'mon. GIVE IT TO US.

• Thumbs Up 2

Imagine a Star Fox-eques Tornado minigame where you're shooting enemies and stuff.

After playing Sonic Rush Adventure, I could see the GamePad acting as an open world map where you fly the Tornado to different locations on the Lost World (assuming the thing we saw in the promo pic is the only world visited and its not a multi-planet affair).

YA KNOW. THAT JUST REMINDS ME.

I WANT A STAGE IN THIS GAME. Where we can actually control the freaking plane and not pewpewpew the enemies.

Please, SEGA. Nintendo. C'mon. GIVE IT TO US.

Yay, genre roulette.

Say what you will but I always thought flying the Tornado is better than shooting the enemies while you're on it, which they might give us this time, looking at the whole Tornado in the screenshot.

Yay, genre roulette.

There's a difference between genre roulette and quick deviation from the main experience, even Mario does this.

• Thumbs Up 5

Yay, genre roulette.

I think he means more like a mini game.

You know a part of the game that it's a small distraction from the main gameplay.

Edit: ninja'd

Edited by redhellc

I wouldn't mind special stages taking place on the Tornado.

10/10 Even better.

This would make the best special stages ever. Blue Spheres and Game Land are nothing compared to this.