Awoo.

Sonic Lost World Announced

Carbo

Umm.. yeah, now that you mention it, aren't we not seeing one whole side to the planet, regardless of how little that might be on the other side? :v

• Thumbs Up 6

Umm.. yeah, now that you mention it, aren't we not seeing one whole side to the planet, regardless of how little that might be on the other side? :v

You have a point. There might be a whole different set of tropes on the other side. 

So, something I found a little funny about the world map here. Notice how from right to left we can see a grass/forest area, firey/volcano area, an ice area, and a rocky area, all adjacent to each other. And being the little handheld fag I am, I kinda notice a cute little similarity:

76558-sonic-advance-2-game-boy-advance-s

They're in the same order as Leaf Forest, Hot Crater, Ice Paradise, and Sky Canyon viewed from behind. Plus, the hexagonal shape of the fragments are remniscent of the Techno Base area.

Could a Music Plant esque area be hiding in the areas of the world we can't see? Most definitely

Sonic Advance 4 confirmed? Obviously

Is this just a mere coincidence that has zero relevence? lolno

We'll keep you updated on this gripping story, and remember that you heard it first here at totallynotasatyrofacertainnewssite

i thought they looked similar myself

You have a point. There might be a whole different set of tropes on the other side.

Not to mention half of the side we can actually see is missing. If the six guardians thing is true though, I'm really sure we'll be looking at just six stages with maybe a 7th final stage, like Colours. Edited by Blue Blood

Not to mention half of the side we can actually see is missing.

That's probably going to tie into the plot somehow.............................."The world is disappearing, and Sonic and Tails must race to save it", or some shit. 

Edited by Generations (Chaos Warp)

If 60FPS didn't make such a big difference, it wouldn't be touted as a selling point in games that support it.

I dunno I'm the kind of guy that rolls his eyes at all the sweet new graphics and shit too. I mean I can usually see the graphical jump with a new console era, I just don't really care, at this point the difference isn't significant enough to concern me. It's just, it seems like too much work for something that's insignificant compared to making a good game.

That's probably going to tie into the plot somehow.............................."The world is dissapearing, and Sonic and Tails must race to save it", or some shit. 

Sounds a little like Zelda: Spirit Tracks with the disappearing train tracks n' all, haha.

Not quite sure how that'd work though... I'd imagine something like Unleashed where the planet's split apart or somethin'.

I think it's going to be akin to Unleashed, meaning that Sonic's got to put the world back together/make the rest of it reappear.

Edited by Blue Blood

40 pages in and we still don't know anything about this game.

• Thumbs Up 1

It was revealed less than 24 hours ago, what did you expect?

Well, I wouldn't say that. I mean, we do know that it not only actually exists (unlike, say, that nonsense that was Sonic Dimensions), but also that it's a Nintendo exclusive and it's almost certainly gonna look lovely!

I don't know why the page count matters regardless. We have tens of members all talking about something that's piqued their interest, and the various lines of discussions and arguments that can naturally follow from that. Of course the topic is going to be big; should all we discuss is the objective qualities of the screenshot?

I realise the planet is the main draw in the artwork, but those are some damn fine looking clouds.

I remember when rendered cloud was just a grey fog to hide bits that *hadn't* rendered.

So yeah, nice clouds.

• Thumbs Up 1

OK, check this out: Without considering re-releases, let's analyze Modern: 06 was a non-Nintendo title. How did it do? Colors was a Nintendo title. How did it do? 06 was made for the hardcore base, while Colors was the total opposite. You will NEVER see a game like 06 on a Nintendo console. I am thankful for that.

I like how you only use 06 as an example of modern. lol and not, you know, generations or unleashed or anything..

If you ask me, the only thing that made sonic colors better than generations was the story. Other than that, the gameplay for colors wasnt all that great if you ask me. It was really arcadey. Wasn't a fan of the wisps.

BUT, I do agree that sonic 06 is a prime example of how easily a game could flop from sega. If sonic 06 had the polish that most nintendo games have, then it could have ended up being a phenomenal game.

• Thumbs Up 1

I'm really hoping its a gameplay trailer that we get. Seeing some next-gen Sonic footage is going to be amazing, especially since its gonna be the best of the Hedgehog Engine's capabilities but even better, I'm sure. Besides, if it is different gameplay (which I'm not putting bets on), it'd only make sense to showcase what's new on reveal.

Not to be a downer here, but considering it's on the Wii U, I really wouldn't expect a jump much (if at all) higher than PC Generations at max settings. >.>

Not to be a downer here, but considering it's on the Wii U, I really wouldn't expect a jump much (if at all) higher than PC Generations at max settings. >.>

Oh believe me, Gens PC is far beyond what this game will be capable of.

I still think that whether or not the Wii U is that much more powerful than last gen, you're all still heavily underestimating it. But oh well. We'll see when it gets here. :v

Edited by Azookara

Oh believe me, Gens PC is far beyond what this game will be capable of.

... I didn't want to be eaten alive by the Wii U fans and start a console war or whatever, so I thought I'd give them the benefit of the doubt and assume it might be more optimized or something, haha.

Don't get me wrong, it'll almost certainly be nicer looking than Console Gens, but the Wii U can't even touch a mid-range gaming PC, which can run Gens on max settings at 720p.

Edit - 

At the very least, anyone who doesn't have a gaming PC can expect a nice jump. So that'll be cool to see. ;)

Edited by Discoid

Knowing Sonic Team they will make this game look gorgeous. Also 60fps it will be very nice.

I figure it'll run at 1080p w/ 30fps, so it'll probably look better than Gens (and maybe Unleashed) PS360, but not as good as Gens PC at max settings. In other words, similar models with higher-resolution textures, but either no or low-end anti-aliasing and the same fps, though perhaps more stable since the Wii U is a tad more powerful than the PS3 and 360.

Edited by Tomoki

Let's not go down any roads pertaining to Sonic 06. It's impossible to discuss it with some semblance of tact and common courtesy, and it's as irrelevant to this game as Bubsy 3D is. We also have a dedicated topic to it; continue beating the dead horse to your hearts' content there.

• Thumbs Up 3

Does it really matter how much Lost Worlds will compare to Generations PC? As long as the game is fun and is still visually appealing, I honeslty don't care if it's a "true" next-gen game or not.

But I expect it to be amazing. I mean, look at Colors. That game was released for the Wii, and it looked GORGEOUS. Just imagine what an HD game on the Wii U could look like.

Edited by Pikachu in a Sombrero

So the rumours about images briefly showing up on the Sonic Facebook page seem totally true. They're probably being kept hidden as timed updates. If you go into the photo galleries, you can see that the Nintendo and Lost World pictures were uploaded on Thursday.

• Thumbs Up 3