Awoo.

Sonic Lost World Announced

Carbo

It's definitely wayyyy too early to be making judgements about the game's levels based on that one piece of art we have. Colors had some brilliantly unique levels and cool spins on classic tropes (Aquarium Park) but you'd hardly get that by just looking at the Colors world map.

post-1915-0-08620400-1368900134_thumb.jp

Aquarium Park looks like just another water world, Asteroid Coaster doesn't look like anything special, and who would've guessed what the stage that turned out to be Sweet Mountain was based on this image alone?

• Thumbs Up 4

You guys are such detectives. Do you even read posts or my english is really that bad? tongue.png I did that photoshop over the game Neptunia V, to illustrate what's in my mind, and ask how would you react if the game was like that. You know, to spark discussion? About. Lost World. Not Sonic 06 ffs.

Goes to show it ain't that hard to fool most Sonic fans, huh? xD

• Thumbs Up 2

I am curious if Sega/ST will bring Hub worlds back into this game in some way. Be it Unleashed/Sonic adventure esque or Generations. Or will it just be a world map like most are assuming.(like colors)

Goes to show it ain't that hard to fool most Sonic fans, huh? xD

I'm gonna send that to Kotaku and get my moments of glory then, brb.

• Thumbs Up 2

Actually now that I think about it...if the next 3 Sonic games are Exclusives...like Lost world WiiU and its 3DS version....

Perhaps the third game IS a storybook game XD. 

Anyway Lost World is very important game. It can pretty much ruin or make Sonic success nextgen. Sega has a chance to restart and go into a new Generation brand new in a positive light instead of a negative one like they did this gen.. 

Edited by Voyant

I'm gonna send that to Kotaku and get my moments of glory then, brb.

Expect it to just maybe be all over the gaming community by tomorrow morning.

I think it'll either be in 1080p at 30 FPS, or 720p at 60 FPS

I would be fine with either one :B

I would prefer the latter...I'm more of a performance guy.

• Thumbs Up 2

I know what people mean when they look at the planet and think 'NSMB', but maybe the world's seemingly generic tropes will have a consistent mechanical, digital or at least ancient ruins kind of vibe, given the hexagonal segmentation.

It's definitely wayyyy too early to be making judgements about the game's levels based on that one piece of art we have. Colors had some brilliantly unique levels and cool spins on classic tropes (Aquarium Park) but you'd hardly get that by just looking at the Colors world map.
attachicon.gifimage.jpg
Aquarium Park looks like just another water world, Asteroid Coaster doesn't look like anything special, and who would've guessed what the stage that turned out to be Sweet Mountain was based on this image alone?

I don't know, most of those suggest that they have something unique to offer. I agree with you about Sweet Mountain though.

I think it's difficult to get Planet Wisp out of the map alone.

You see it's going to be a nature zone being destroyed by machines, but for all you know, it's just a flat grassland with
lots of water and purple stuff.

I agree with Spooky Mulder.

I personally wonder how long this has been in development for so far.

We know about Generations starting in early 2009 with Colours being side-developed (because they couldn't port Gens to the Wii IIRC), so it's quite fair to assume that this has been worked on since somewhere in early 2012, also considering the similarities to the S4 Episode II models.

Sniff, sniff, whine* I don't have a Wii U sob* Sob* But I got a 3DS, I don't want another Generations 3DS. Sob sob*

I think the majority of us who are here would be losing a good 50% of our lives by doing this, c'mon.

...shit, you're right.

Actually now that I think about it...if the next 3 Sonic games are Exclusives...like Lost world WiiU and its 3DS version....

Perhaps the third game IS a storybook game XD. 

Anyway Lost World is very important game. It can pretty much ruin or make Sonic success nextgen. Sega has a chance to restart and go into a new Generation brand new in a positive light instead of a negative one like they did this gen.. 

Again, they already announced two of the three games.

-Sonic Lost World

-Mario and Sonic Sochi Winter Olympic *gasp for air*...... games

-???

Again, they already announced two of the three games.

-Sonic Lost World

-???

The Internet is gonna explode if it's SA3 exclusive to wii U which I doubt it'll be SA3 but it's just a suggestion & what if scenario

-Sonic Lost World

-???

Please don't be a storybook, please don't be a storybook....

Please don't be a storybook, please don't be a storybook....

Quite unlikely chance of it being a storybook, I wouldn't worry about it, haha. SEGA knows the general reception of Secret Rings and Black Knight.

Edited by Super Spindash

If S0L tease wasn't just a tease, the third exclusive game could be the Mario and Sonic racing crossover.

Well, I could share what the Sonic Adventure 3 page thinks of this game, but they're still saying it's the 2.5D game we've had rumoured for ages. Weird I know. Although... Could it be true?

As for me, I'm just waiting on a trailer or more news while trying to complete god damn Cool Edge Night stage on Unleashed.

I don't really care for much other than the story [and with a game, the gameplay] but if the graphics are noticably bad then it does detract from the experience. Especially with a load of framerate drops.

Sniff, sniff, whine* I don't have a Wii U sob* Sob* But I got a 3DS, I don't want another Generations 3DS. Sob sob*

Yep, same here I feel you.

• Thumbs Up 1

If that Mario & Sonic Racing crossover thing happens, I can't wait for a potentially life making mash-up of Rainbow Road and Super Sonic Racing

• Thumbs Up 1

If that Mario & Sonic Racing crossover thing happens, I can't wait for a potentially life making mash-up of Rainbow Road and Super Sonic Racing

What about Rainbow Road x Diamond in the Sky!?

Oh and Mushroom City x Living in the City? xD

• Thumbs Up 1

The Internet is gonna explode if it's SA3 exclusive to wii U which I doubt it'll be SA3 but it's just a suggestion & what if scenario

You know... I wouldn't count that out just yet. You gotta remember, they DID buy the rights to the sonic adventure 3 domain name. Lost world could very well be the first step to an ideal adventure game. A "rough draft" if you will. Kinda like how Generations was an improved version of Unleashed. 

Well... im not sure if they ACTUALLY bought the rights to the specific name "sonicadventure3" but I definitely remember them buying a related name to it. 

EDIT:  This is only one of several articles claiming the same thing. http://mynintendonews.com/2012/07/24/sonic-adventure-3-trademarks-registered/

Edited by chirf

Companies will copyright things just in case they want to use them in the future, or rather, to prevent anyone else from ever being able to use it. So in the case of SA3, even if Sega's not intent on using it immediately, or ever, they still wouldn't want anyone to beat them to the punch with the name "Sonic Adventure 3" if it's not copyrighted.

• Thumbs Up 3

I'll bring it up wherever I want, because I said it COULD have. There's no reason to assume the game was destined to be garbage from start to finish just because the end product ended up being bad. 

At this point, people like you are just ignorantly bashing the game to great lengths just because of the rep it got from actually BEING a bad game -___- 

Sorry to bring this back up (I realise the discussion was dropped before, but you replied to me before which kind of initiated it so I should at least have the decency to reply back) but you seemed to completely misunderstand the initial intention of my reply.  If you've actually looked in the Sonic 06 thread (you know, the thread where that kind of reply would actually be relevant) you'd see that your kind of post is bought up ALL THE FUCKING TIME and to be quite honest it's extremely tedious and frustrating.  It's a vicious cycle in that thread that always seems to happen when someone new appears in the thread claiming that "Sonic 06 isn't that bad" or "Sonic 06 could've been good if it wasn't glitchy" etc etc.

Also, I'm offended by the fact that you've formed a completely baseless statement about my views on the game when I didn't even in the slightest express my actual views on the game.  I could go to great lengths as to why I dislike Sonic 06, but I won't because it's not relevant here. 

With regards to Lost World, that photoshopped image is pretty dang cool.  I'd quite like to see something like a hub world like that.  Though speaking of hubs I've never felt truly satisfied with them.  The idea of having a fast Sonic the Hedgehog being able to travel through an open world hasn't really been done well yet and/or hasn't been done particularly interestingly.  The way I see it, Sonic hubs should be like playgrounds.  Places where you can freely test your abilities and truly learn how to make amazing use of the mechanics the game has to offer without actually playing through the levels.  In addition, they should be built in such a way so that they still feel like a tangible world as well, filled with interesting settings and scenery.  Though I may be getting a little ahead of myself.

God don't you love the initial hype cycle of a new Sonic game?  There's always so much interesting speculation.  You don't get that with any other platforming series.  Heck you don't even get that with many video game series in general.