Awoo.

Sonic Lost World Announced

Carbo

What on EARTH makes you believe they're not gonna develop for the PS4 and NextBox once this deal is over?

It could be possible if these games end up becoming a huge success for both SEGA & Nintendo that they might do another deal.

I don't know what all of you are going to say about what i'm going to say but I think true sonic fans might consider buying the Wii U console purely for this game, rather than just moan, whine, troll and miss out the opportunity.

• Thumbs Up 1

Nintendoga

I do also wonder if they would change the gameplay in this.  I have a funny feeling that one might feature minigames or puzzles in it.  I think this because the world looks like a puzzle ball.

DarkRula

Defiantly.  though I wouldn't mind having a original song for the end credits either.  maybe after the remix of the songs together it could have a end credit song.

I don't know what all of you are going to say about what i'm going to say but I think true sonic fans might consider buying the Wii U console purely for this game, rather than just moan, whine, troll and miss out the opportunity.

Well, sorry to burst your bubble.  But not all of us have the money to buy consoles week in week out.  Maybe in 2 years time I might get a wii u but I will never buy a console for just 1 game.  I need at least 5 games to be a console seller for me.  Also.  If a true sonic fan would buy the latest and greatest, what about the sonic fans in say, Africa who can barely pay for there food let alone a Wii U.

After the teaser on Monday I'll probably just go straight out and buy one while they're going cheaper.

Edited by Name's Ash. Housewares

Well remember, all we know is that Nintendo is just publishing the games included in this partnership, not actually co-developing. Not only that, but Nintendo Software Technology is based in America while more than likely Lost Worlds is a Japanese production. So I'd put the odds of him as having had any direct input on the game as being 0. xP

But wasn't Yasuhara at Sega Technical Institute in NA while still working with the JP team on some games? He's always been a western fellow, I don't think he's been in JP since Sonic 1.

Trying to remember, I don't remember if all games post Sonic 1 were solely made in NA and EU sans CD and maybe Chaotix?

Please tell me that the "get a Wii U" arguement didn't just delve into the realms of stupidity that is the idea of "True Sonic Fans"

Really, could we please not try to guilt people into going out and buying a $300+ (and worse in some places) for just one damn Sonic game, just let them express their disappointment and get on with our lives

Edited by Panda Cero
  • Thumbs Up 6

I know that not all people can afford it but just saying that those who has the money to go and buy one can get the game and it's obvious that this SEGA and Nintendo partnership is a good business move and will help push sales for both the Wii U and the 3DS.

Yeah, the previous post I have made was totally wrong. It should not say it like that but you know what I mean so I do apologise.

Edited by deepbluespeed99

If people could afford to buy consoles on a whim they wouldn't be complaining.

• Thumbs Up 9

I know that not all people can afford it but just saying that those who has the money to go and buy one can get the game and it's obvious that this SEGA and Nintendo partnership is a good business move and will help push sales for both the Wii U and the 3DS.

You're probably right about the whole 'true sonic fans' thing I don't mean it like that so no it doesn't exist tongue.png

But even if they have the money it may simply be a fact of they don't want to spend it on a single game (which makes perfect sense as an argument).  A fair few people have stated how at the moment there's nothing else really about the console that attracts them to it, even if they are able to afford it.  I personally have a WiiU so I personally don't have too much of an issue, but I can understand why it is to a fair few people.

@Dio

I dunno man, sometimes people just enjoy finding reasons to complain.  This is the Internet after all XP

Edited by SiLeNtDo0m
  • Thumbs Up 1

Even if everyone could afford buying consoles on a whim, I imagine they'd still complain since there'd still be console fanboyism. :P But yeah, money is definitely the biggest issue here for non-Wii U owners, aside from simply not wanting the console, so the whole "omg just buy it!!" thing is kinda rude, imo.

Exactly, I can see the point, that's why I didn't get an Xbox originally cause there was only 1 or 2 games of actually enjoy on it, now I want one cause there are more games I would enjoy, similarly I want a Wii U as I knew it would have a lot of games I wanted, Sonic is just a bonus!

On the topic of the Gamepad, how do we know they will even use it? Just because its there doesn't mean it has to be used? Heck even NSMBU doesn't use it unless you want to, you can play 1p - 4p without it if you wanted to. I'd rather they not use it for the sake of using it and only use it if it had a valid and decent reason to use it.

• Thumbs Up 1

I have to say, after having my doubts I think it's sort of nice that this new deal is with Nintendo, there's something about having Sonic on Nintendo consoles that just feels right. I will have to get a Wii U for Christmas perhaps, that's when it's going to explode in popularity, mark my words.

• Thumbs Up 1

Rayman, Bayonetta 2, and now Sonic Lost World. I'm sorry, but clearly Nintendo is trying to have my type of games on their console so I'd be happy to purchase a Wii-U with a PS4(to play everything else that might not be on the Wii). Clearly, either console would get as much use and play out of me because shit. Of course, there is a possibility of Nintendo catering to the wiggle crowd again, but as of right now, they are looking more hardcore than Microsoft has looked in years(Fucking Kinect). I'm disappointed in the exclusivity, but at this point, the lineup for the U is looking fucking top notch.

If they do show off an awesome looking HD Zelda akin to that WiiU demo. A proper new 3D Mario game that isn't NSMB. The new Smash Bros, this new Sonic. As well as things like Bayonetta 2 at E3 then then they have won me over that's for sure. Let's not forget they will have some announcements I'm sure they have saved for E3, can't imagine they would just show what they have already announced to be in the works for E3 and that's it, E3 is known for announcements.

I gota admit, less powerful or not, if it has the games it will be worth a purchase. The PSX was technically less powerful but it owned in the games dept, the PS2 was technically less powerful and it did the same. Wii U's only been out for what, 7 months(?), I haven't brought one yet due to lack of games that aren't ports or interest me but I knew they would be coming eventually. People are assuming Sony is gunna really back up the Vita at E3, why wouldn't Nintendo do the same?

Put aside as little as $20 a week instead of getting takeout or summing and ill have enough far in advance of the Sonic release, it ain't that hard to do, even on a budget.

Edited by Tenko

Wii U and 3DS?

Woohoo, obligatory Dimps 2D spin off game. Cos apparently after the 2D game about friggin pirates Dimps ran out of original ideas.

Who am I kidding, I'll still buy both at some point...

Perhaps Dimps will make jump to 3D?

HA, nah. They're to busy rolling in money and... never mind...

Either or, I'm excited for another reason to owning my Wii U, seeing as the only two games I own for it were a disappointment and the only reason I have left to use it is the Mighty switch force Hyper drive edition.

Maybe they'll switch it up. Sonic Team makes the 2D one and Dimps make the 3D one. It's funny cos SEGA already lost their credibility between 2004 and 2009, so I don't see that happening.

Edited by Dandp

This is probably a stupid theory, but what if each hex on the world shown was an act in the game.This would probably would mean the acts are super short though. The image is probably the world map though.

If Dimps is in Charge of the 3DS version and STILL make London olympics 3ds look better in comparison... they will have surprised me once again. The 3DS version better look like it actually ha effort put into the visuals.

I'm like 14 and I saved up and bought a DS for Rush and some other games when I was like 9? and then PS3 for Unleashed when I was 11? A Wii for Colours when I was 12?

Yup, I know I at least paid as much as I could, my father prolly added a bit.

The problem is... my DS went kaboom, I still use my PS3 from time to time, my Wii is just gathering dust.

I guess I'll still save up for the Wii U but whether I wanna get it or not, depends. I'm liking how the game's rolling along so far, so I hope it only gets better.

I'm like 14 and I saved up and bought a DS for Rush and some other games when I was like 9? and then PS3 for Unleashed when I was 11? A Wii for Colours when I was 12?

Yup, I know I at least paid as much as I could, my father prolly added a bit.

The problem is... my DS went kaboom, I still use my PS3 from time to time, my Wii is just gathering dust.

I guess I'll still save up for the Wii U but whether I wanna get it or not, depends. I'm liking how the game's rolling along so far, so I hope it only gets better.

How much pocket money do you get and/or how much do newsagents pay paper boys in Singapore? O_o

• Thumbs Up 1

I don't own a Wii U and have no intentions of buying one. The console came out with little fanfare and has been suffering a huge drought of games. Even EA who usually publish games for everything have given the Wii U a wide berth. Now I hear SEGA have locked down three Sonic games on a console with the smallest install base of any on the market? I just hope Nintendo are paying them a lot for this favour or else things won't end well. Sales will have to pick up significantly between now and Christmas for this to work out for them. With two "Next Gen" consoles on the horizon though that may be difficult.

As for the chorus of people saying  "save up for a Wii U for one game" that's an impossibility for some people. I live with my girlfriend and 6 month old daughter. The money we make goes on food, bills and things that needs fixing. Anything we have left over goes on the baby. I'm at a time in my life where games aren't the number one thing anymore. I'm not willing or able to throw money away for a console I don't have just because there's a game on it I want. A lot of people are in a similar financial situation I'm sure. We've been in a recession for the better part of five years and cash is hard to come by. Putting £20 a month away sounds easy but when you're counting if you can afford the £3.30 train fare to work every day putting £20 a month away is a luxury I can't afford.

• Thumbs Up 2

It could also happen that games are piss-poor in Singapore.

Anyways, anyone noticed the cloud-level near the Volcano, in the planet? At first sight it looks like BG clouds, but look closely and you notice it's rendered differently. Wonder if it's just the ice level looping around the volcano or something more.

• Thumbs Up 1