Awoo.

Sonic Lost World Announced

Carbo

I suppose, but it's still not worth counting out just yet. It's odd that they just decide to buy the name now more than ever. I'm not trying to get ahead of myself lol but nintendo does seem to want as many Wii U hits as possible. And if Nintendo is giving them the quality check fans have waited for, now seems like the best time to actually consider it.

Plus, I remember an interview where Iizuka asked the crowd if they missed the chao garden, which to me is almost an adventure staple. 

....but if not.... I wonder if that means chaos might be in Lost World   ohmy.png

Sorry to bring this back up (I realise the discussion was dropped before, but you replied to me before which kind of initiated it so I should at least have the decency to reply back) but you seemed to completely misunderstand the initial intention of my reply.  If you've actually looked in the Sonic 06 thread (you know, the thread where that kind of reply would actually be relevant) you'd see that your kind of post is bought up ALL THE FUCKING TIME and to be quite honest it's extremely tedious and frustrating.  It's a vicious cycle in that thread that always seems to happen when someone new appears in the thread claiming that "Sonic 06 isn't that bad" or "Sonic 06 could've been good if it wasn't glitchy" etc etc.

Also, I'm offended by the fact that you've formed a completely baseless statement about my views on the game when I didn't even in the slightest express my actual views on the game.  I could go to great lengths as to why I dislike Sonic 06, but I won't because it's not relevant here. 

No, you're not sorry at all. Congratulations, you've now become the problem.  If I don't have the right to retaliate to others what makes you so special? How about instead of turning this into a public problem, you keep it a personal problem and PM me.

Make sense? kthxbye

Edited by chirf

Companies will copyright things just in case they want to use them in the future, or rather, to prevent anyone else from ever being able to use it. So in the case of SA3, even if Sega's not intent on using it immediately, or ever, they still wouldn't want anyone to beat them to the punch with the name "Sonic Adventure 3" if it's not copyrighted.

Shouldn't others be banned from using Sonic Adventure 3 anyway? I mean Sega would have every right to prevent it since they own the title Sonic Adventure, so why would someone have the right to add a 3 and call it their own? Sega should own Sonic Adventure 3 even if they don't trademark the complete title in the first place, it should be common sense... right?

Shouldn't others be banned from using Sonic Adventure 3 anyway? I mean Sega would have every right to prevent it since they own the title Sonic Adventure, so why would someone have the right to add a 3 and call it their own? Sega should own Sonic Adventure 3 even if they don't trademark the complete title in the first place, it should be common sense... right?

Right. It wouldn't be very easy to get your hands on Sonic Adventure 3.

That's what I was thinking. I don't think it'd be easy to just slap the Sonic Adventure 3 title on a game without it being from sonic team/sega. But then again, none of us are copyright professionals lol are we?

They said they saved the DOMAIN name.. so I'm guessing it's just the website. A fan could easily steal the name for a website and make their own "sonic adventure 3" fan game. And everytime someone googles it theyre taken to the fan game instead of the actual game from SEGA.

What about Rainbow Road x Diamond in the Sky!?

The correct answer is Rainbow Road and Radiant Emerald.

400px-800px-MKW_Rainbow_Road2-1-.jpg

Sonic_R_PC_3.jpg

• Thumbs Up 7

The correct answer is Rainbow Road and Radiant Emerald.

Um, dude...

Diamond in the Sky is Radiant Emerald. It's the name of the stage's song. xD

People bring up it looks like Sonic CD 2, Sonic Colors 2, or Mario Galaxy 3.. but..

It kind of reminds me Sonic Unleashed 2. A world being 'split' with Sonic & Tails using the Tornado to traverse across it. Maybe some new gimmick (NOT WEREHOG).

• Thumbs Up 7

Sorry to bring this back up (I realise the discussion was dropped before, but you replied to me before which kind of initiated it so I should at least have the decency to reply back) but you seemed to completely misunderstand the initial intention of my reply.  If you've actually looked in the Sonic 06 thread (you know, the thread where that kind of reply would actually be relevant) you'd see that your kind of post is bought up ALL THE FUCKING TIME and to be quite honest it's extremely tedious and frustrating.  It's a vicious cycle in that thread that always seems to happen when someone new appears in the thread claiming that "Sonic 06 isn't that bad" or "Sonic 06 could've been good if it wasn't glitchy" etc etc.

Also, I'm offended by the fact that you've formed a completely baseless statement about my views on the game when I didn't even in the slightest express my actual views on the game.  I could go to great lengths as to why I dislike Sonic 06, but I won't because it's not relevant here. 

Wow; you've got some nerve going after chirf for repeating something that is tedious and frustrating. You know what's actually tedious and frustrating to deal with? Members who need to get the last word in and thus don't listen to staffers who have to repeat themselves ad nauseam on simple rules, thus resurrecting dead conversations from two pages ago that said staffers told everyone to drop because it was irrelevant and ruining the topic with heated feelings and flaming. Compound on this the fact that you blatantly admit to seeing the conversation dropped- so presumably you saw my numerous warnings- and unlike everyone else who participated in the original conversation, who on a few occasions missed my posts, you have no excuse whatsoever. As a result, here's a strike. Don't ever do this again.

It does sound like another unleashed scenario, where he has to go from continent to continent reviving the planet.

Although... I hope it's more than that... I hope it's not just another generic "run over here! run over there! run up there then down here! congratulations, the planet is now full again" stories.

The introduction of "gaurdians" might spice up the story, but then again, they could just be another barely fleshed out story element.

People bring up it looks like Sonic CD 2, Sonic Colors 2, or Mario Galaxy 3.. but..

It kind of reminds me Sonic Unleashed 2. A world being 'split' with Sonic & Tails using the Tornado to traverse across it. Maybe some new gimmick (NOT WEREHOG).

I also thought that as well, especially looking at the bottom half of the "planet".  Though it's still a curious image since they're in the sky and not in space, they're probably not flying to a full sized planet (which brings up the comparison between it and Little Planet).  However at the same time Little Planet was being chained down by Robotnik and wasn't split into pieces but it doesn't look like that's the case here.

Is Sonic Lost World the Sonic game Ken Pontac has written the script for?   

Wow; you've got some nerve going after chirf for repeating something that is tedious and frustrating. You know what's actually tedious and frustrating to deal with? Members who need to get the last word in and thus don't listen to staffers who have to repeat themselves ad nauseam on simple rules, thus resurrecting dead conversations from two pages ago that said staffers told everyone to drop because it was irrelevant and ruining the topic with heated feelings and flaming. Compound on this the fact that you blatantly admit to seeing the conversation dropped- so presumably you saw my numerous warnings- and unlike everyone else who participated in the original conversation, who on a few occasions missed my posts, you have no excuse whatsoever. As a result, here's a strike. Don't ever do this again.

Alright fair enough, that seems perfectly reasonable.  I apologise for coming off as obnoxious.  

Edited by SiLeNtDo0m
  • Thumbs Up 1

Most likely, yes. It's the next major Sonic title, after all. It'd be weird of they had him penning the Mario and Sonic game (yet simultaneously awesome).

Here's my question, what are the odds of Yasuhara being involved? He's now at NST and if the partnership is close as it appears, shouldn't Nintendo have Yasuhara help out with the game? He joined Nintendo as early as April 2012 IIRC, so that's over a year he could've already worked on the game, if not prior if Nintendo was in talks with him to do this, then suggested he come to NST, I doubt he was just wondering around and decided to knock at NST's door.

Here's hoping he considered some of our complaints given that he once came on these forums and talk about Colors.

Ok. I haven't posted on this yet so I will now.  If I'm completely honest with you.  I don't know what to think about the Sonic Lost World.  The fact that it is Wii U exclusive just puts me of Sonic ATM.  In my opinion you should never make a multi platform franchise a exclusive to a certain console because it is going to annoy people (my self included).  As someone who is trying to get a gaming PC I won't have in intentions of buying a Wii U.  Even if I didn't get the PC I would rather get the PS4 or maybe even the Next Xbox.  To find out that my favorite franchise is exclusive to a "over priced", "gimmicky" and "soon to die" console makes me feel lost and upset.

It'd be weird of they had him penning the Mario and Sonic game (yet simultaneously awesome).

And now I'm stuck with the image of Mario and Luigi sharing cheesy one-liners.

"So-a Luigi, how's about I eat this-a mushroom and be like-a Bowser and roar while increasing to a ridiculous-a size?"

...yeah I'd suck as a scriptwriter.

Edited by Super Spindash

Here's my question, what are the odds of Yasuhara being involved? He's now at NST and if the partnership is close as it appears, shouldn't Nintendo have Yasuhara help out with the game? He joined Nintendo as early as April 2012 IIRC, so that's over a year he could've already worked on the game, if not prior if Nintendo was in talks with him to do this, then suggested he come to NST, I doubt he was just wondering around and decided to knock at NST's door.

Well remember, all we know is that Nintendo is just publishing the games included in this partnership, not actually co-developing. Not only that, but Nintendo Software Technology is based in America while more than likely Lost Worlds is a Japanese production. So I'd put the odds of him as having had any direct input on the game as being 0. xP

To find out that my favorite franchise is exclusive to a "over priced", "gimmicky" and "soon to die" console makes me feel lost and upset.

Exactly what Dio said.

Sonic has had Nintendo exclusives for YEARS.

06 = 360, PS3.

Storybooks = Wii

Unleashed (version with more attention) = 360, PS3

Colours = Wii

Generations = 360, PS3

What on EARTH makes you believe they're not gonna develop for the PS4 and NextBox once this deal is over? They've been making exclusives like these for years. They're not going second party for Nintendo, for crying out loud.

Edited by Super Spindash

Yes true but This is a new generation of consoles.  You have to make a decision on what to buy for say the next 2 years before maybe even considering buying a new console.  Remember consoles don't come cheap, especially in these days.  Now I don't want to say that your wrong because you are not.  But it's the exclusives (for me at least) at the beginning of a new generation that makes your decisions matter and you may regret it.

Spindash.  While what you have said is true.  the thing is though is that the was rather cheap after a year (I believe it was £150).  And that most of the sonic games on wii at that time (with the exception of Colours) were more or less spin offs.

Edited by Masterofnone169

I wonder what the new gameplay is?

Before Unleashed, I always wanted to play as Sonic running through shit at mach speed, which we got.
And whenever I think of Sonic with more platforming (in 3D), I think of the Adventure/Heroes titles.

What else can they do? A mix between the Adventure/Unleashed style perhaps?

Haha, wouldn't it be great if the new gameplay was actually based off of momentum based physics in 3D? Hahaha

*sigh*

And also thinking about it, who did SEGA choose to start Sonic off on the third-party roll?

It was only after Adventure 2: Battle that they decided to try a multiplatform game in Heroes [and as far as memory serves, the Nintendo version was still the better version of the game].

I'm not one to be going off on a "Stop being so pedantic and buy the console for a game you love" argument, but I do have to say, I've been traversing all forums a lot lately, and if people aren't speculating, that's the type of argument going on. To add a spin on quote from the lastest series of Top Gear "People have waited for this latest Sonic game, and that's that."

To add my speculation to the list of ever on-going conversation, would SEGA continue the trend set in Generations of the 'music mash end credit theme' utilising the stage themes in the order of Sonic? In Generations, it was only to show the original themes of levels, but so much more could be done with it with a lot more stages [however, it still shouldn't go on for ages].

To add my speculation to the list of ever on-going conversation, would SEGA continue the trend set in Generations of the 'music mash end credit theme' utilising the stage themes in the order of Sonic? In Generations, it was only to show the original themes of levels, but so much more could be done with it with a lot more stages [however, it still shouldn't go on for ages].

This thing does need to be reused. I love having a medley of all the levels play at the end to shortly stop and smile back at all those hours I spent playing this game one last time.