Awoo.

Sonic Lost World Announced

Carbo

Sonic_Adv3_SP_stage.PNG

Well they kinda tried that with the special stages in Sonic Advance 3.... They weren't very good, but if the special stages switched to manoeuvring the Tornado through rings ala' NiGHTS style, whilst avoiding enemies/scenery etc. That'd be pretty cool.

Edited by Super Soniko
  • Thumbs Up 7

Well they kinda tried that with the special stages in Sonic Advance 3.... They weren't very good, but if the special stages switched to manoeuvring the Tornado through rings ala' NiGHTS style, whilst avoiding enemies/scenery etc. That'd be pretty cool.

Ehhh... maybe it if were a bit more refined. The original NiGHTs' gameplay has aged none too well IMO.

I wouldn't say exactly LIKE NiGHTS gameplay, but take design cues from it, like making the Tornado pass through suspended rings in the air with a possible throwback to the ring design in NiGHTS into Dreams.

I wouldn't say exactly LIKE NiGHTS gameplay, but take design cues from it, like making the Tornado pass through suspended rings in the air with a possible throwback to the ring design in NiGHTS into Dreams.

Yeah, I could probably get behind this, as long as it's in 3D.

A big chance I won't get this on release, BUT, I am REALLY looking forward to the soundtrack which I will acquire. If Hunnid-P's leak about him working with Sega's composers for new music correlates to Lost Worlds, I will flip my shit in a very good way.

• Thumbs Up 3

A big chance I won't get this on release, BUT, I am REALLY looking forward to the soundtrack which I will acquire. If Hunnid-P's leak about him working with Sega's composers for new music correlates to Lost Worlds, I will flip my shit in a very good way.

Could this mean Knuckles has a role if this is true?! Nah, I'm getting ahead of myself.

Could this mean Knuckles has a role if this is true?! Nah, I'm getting ahead of myself.

Anything is possible at this point.

Don't any of you non wiiUwanting people know anyone with a wiiU? Could always ask to play round theirs?

Not me. Everyone I know hates Nintendo and are either "dudebro" Xbox fans, PC fans, or Sony fans. If I asked if they were planning on buying a Wii U they would laugh their asses off and say "No.", Iizuka style.

Luckily I have a 3DS, so I'm hoping that at least that version is going to have effort put into it, but I'm not going to hold my breath.

Edited by Tomoki

So am I the only one who doesn't regularly borrow peoples' consoles? I recently loaned my friend my copy of Persona 4 with my PS2, but I haven't touched the thing in over a year anyway. Borrowing a relatively new console for long enough to get $60 worth of lastability is kind of unheard of for me.

Even then, I wouldn't want to buy a game knowing full well I won't be able to play it a vast majority of the time. Feels like a waste.

• Thumbs Up 3

I understand people's disappointment with the console exclusive sonic game. And I agree that it is not worth buying a new console just for this game. I still am not convinced on the Wii U and this game is not making it any different nor is anything else currently known. But I do own a 3DS so I will at least experience a small piece of the pie.

So am I the only one who doesn't regularly borrow peoples' consoles? I recently loaned my friend my copy of Persona 4 with my PS2, but I haven't touched the thing in over a year anyway. Borrowing a relatively new console for long enough to get $60 worth of lastability is kind of unheard of for me.

Even then, I wouldn't want to buy a game knowing full well I won't be able to play it a vast majority of the time. Feels like a waste.

I hardly let anyone borrow any gaming device at all. Sorry I'm a nice guy and all but I like to have my personal items very close to me.

• Thumbs Up 1

Don't any of you non wiiUwanting people know anyone with a wiiU? Could always ask to play round theirs?

I know nothing as well. Except it's Nintendo's first HD console and their 3rd party support is pretty lacking. I mean, besides Sega and Ubisoft, I really can't think of any 3rd party companies still supporting Nintendo like they use too. Activision doesn't count since....it's Activision.

I know personally, I probably wont buy the system until Smash bros 4 or the next Zelda game comes. SSBB (brawl) was the main reason I bought the Wii. And since I had it, I checked out a few games on it. LOZTP, Mario Galaxy, Secret rings and something else. But besides Brawl, my Wii collected dust while I did most of my gaming on my 360. Then again all of my friends own a 360, and Halo was on that system. Now if Bungie's new game somehow makes it to the WiiU, then I'll have a major reason to pick the system up. But as of now, Smash bros 4 is my only REAL reason. 

So about the game itself...

SonicLostWorld610.jpg

I know we discussed the levels already but what of that white....mountain thing behind the fire level/grass? You could say it looks like a cloud but I dunno.

Also you can see some chunks of land at the back. I assume that they contain levels we haven't seen yet

The thing is I think with games consoles people are a bit spoiled by childhood, where these things are just given to you.  On the flipside, you were happy to just get what you were given back then.  When you become an adult, and get better at games, they don't last as long as they used to, and now you're expected to pay for them, and you have wider tastes than you did as a kid so you want more.

But at the end of the day... you just have to be realistic.  Gaming is a hobby that requires money.  When I wanted a Wii U, I put £20 aside every week and had saved up for one in about a third of a year.

Unless people are still at home depending on parents to buy them stuff, I really can't see why someone can't save up for a Wii U by the time this game is out.  Learn to cook at home to save money on food.  Replay old games more often instead of buying new ones.  Look for second-hand deals if you're really desperate.  Etc etc.

Now of course, the other issue is "but this is the only Wii U game I want!" and unfortunately that's just something you sort of have to suck up and make a decision over.  It's fair to say all these problems would be solved if they just went multi-format, I mean, Generations didn't suffer in quality for it right.  Or did it?  We don't know how much time was lost on making it multi-platform that could have been spent optimising or making more content.  And obviously this game has Nintendo backing it too.

Obviously this arguement will be for moot if it turns out to suck (oh gosh I hope not), but assuming it doesn't, I think, personally, I'd rather have a game I can eventually play that is better than a game that I can play asap.

Just some thoughts and perspective on it all really.  I won't say my advice and outlook is flawless because while I have no regrets about (initially) buying a 360 JUST for Unleashed, I do have regrets about buying a Kinect JUST for Free Riders.  My god.  But it is important to consider that unlike the Kinect, the Wii U is not only a full new generation console, but it also has many controller preferences for games where they are supported, AND, biggest difference from the Kinect situation, the Wii U isn't a steaming pile of fresh dog eggs.

Yeah.  I guess your right.  Maybe in a years time (if the console is still a success) I'll buy 1 with Lost World on it.

Also you can see some chunks of land at the back. I assume that they contain levels we haven't seen yet

I just hope its not one of those games where there's a planet to explore, but only one side. Tease us with a graphic that shows it has another side but you don't get to go there >.<

Most likely will be the same as Unleashed. Where you travel from location to location with the Tornado. We might even see Tornado Missions again.

About this "guardians" thingie. I guess that if its true then we're gonna have some sort of temple(s) or an altar that might we need to use bring the planet back together IF it needs to be put together.

On another note if the Ice, Lava locations etc are indeed stages. I'd like to see what they will come up with.We haven't got a Lava stage since...well Black Knight? and a Desert level...

Well they kinda tried that with the special stages in Sonic Advance 3.... They weren't very good,

Was it because they were too easy, or because finding all 10 Chao in each zone was a pain in the ass? Or both?

No, you're not the only one. Around where I live, you don't ask to "borrow" anyone's console unless you are family or just that close of friends to be close to family. Beyond that, it's asking for a straight up fight...seriously. Who knows what that other person would do with your console?

You don't necessarily have to borrow the whole console D: Just playing it round their place is simple enough. Sonic games are always the kind of game you can play in nice short bursts so I don't think it would be that imposing on others, besides having company is always fun.

As for the game, I was wondering, I wonder if Metal has a role in this. Maybe the similarity to Little planet is more deliberate than we think, didn't sega release a tease bit of jumbled up words that came out as Metal reboot or something when rearranged? 

Also we totally need a proper tornado segment, I'm not sure if I want something like lylat wars, it's too pew pew like, I would like something that takes advantage of the fact it's a biplane, fast paced stunt flying! Actually you know scratch all that, I want to play as Sonic again while fighting in the air on the tornado just like sky chase.

You don't necessarily have to borrow the whole console D: Just playing it round their place is simple enough. Sonic games are always the kind of game you can play in nice short bursts so I don't think it would be that imposing on others, besides having company is always fun.

Playing the game at someone else's house is very different to owning it yourself. And regardless of whether or not it's imposing (which it is especially if you're inviting yourself over to play a game), who's to say that everyone has a friend with a Wii U and an interest in Lost World?

As for the game, I was wondering, I wonder if Metal has a role in this. Maybe the similarity to Little planet is more deliberate than we think, didn't sega release a tease bit of jumbled up words that came out as Metal reboot or something when rearranged?

This needs quashing really. That rumour all comes from folk misunderstanding the Summer of Sonic website. While the event is endorsed officially by SEGA, it's got nothing to do with upcoming games and the like. 

Also we totally need a proper tornado segment, I'm not sure if I want something like lylat wars, it's too pew pew like, I would like something that takes advantage of the fact it's a biplane, fast paced stunt flying! Actually you know scratch all that, I want to play as Sonic again while fighting in the air on the tornado just like sky chase.

I'd love to see some Tornado gameplay like that actually. Everything we've had to date has been utterly boring dating as far back as S2, so I'm not sure they'll ever do it well.

• Thumbs Up 2

You don't necessarily have to borrow the whole console D: Just playing it round their place is simple enough. 

That's not borrowing then. That's coming over to hang out.

I borrowed a PS3 for a week to play MGS4. It wasn't a big deal, but I have pretty understanding friends. 

Sometimes games you want to play come out on systems you don't own, it sucks but it happens. 

• Thumbs Up 3

I borrowed a PS3 for a week to play MGS4. It wasn't a big deal, but I have pretty understanding friends.  Sometimes games you want to play come out on systems you don't own, it sucks but it happens.
Wow, your friends must trust you a ton. A whole week?! Darn.

Wow, your friends must trust you a ton. A whole week?! Darn.

A whole week is nothing...

I gave my friend my Wii U 3 weeks after i bought it and he gave me his Vita a week after he bought it. I kept his Vita for 2 weeks. He kept my Wii U for 1 month.

Edited by frokenok3

WHAT?! I loved them. I hated the ones in the previous two Advances, though.

SNIP

Reply is huge and non game related so hiding: 

Well, it's not like you'll be saying "HEY YEAH COMING OVER TO PLAY SONIC ON YOUR WIIU" I'm sure if you ask and they agree to it, it wouldn't be too bad. But yeah I guess if you don't know anyone with a wiiU or an interest in sonic games you're out of luck. Though I really just said that as a counter to people bawling over the exclusivity, the way people were going on about it made it seem like they had no chance to ever play the game.

Though now thinking about it, this method is a bit extreme but it will save people money in the long run, save up for a wiiU and sonic over time, wait for the game to come out and see if it turns out to be a great game or not. If it's good and you find yourself with an incredible urge to play it, once you have enough, buy a wiiU with the game, beat it and then return that mothertrucker and get your money back. Though when doing so, make sure that it is returnable, unless you're willing to make a small loss on selling the wiiU on the secondary market.

However it does guarantee that you get to play the game, if you're smart with your money and only get it when you are financially stable to then it won't hurt the bank and either way you'll get your money, or at least the majority, back when you return/sell it and if you just happen to love the wiiU, yay wiiU for...you. Overall it's all about patience with it, there's nothing to say it's imperative that you play it on the release date or even this year. 

And if you're the lazy type and can't be bothered to do that, well uh...no sonic game for you.

Oh I forgot to add this, but if the game turns out to be a pile of steaming crap, nothing is lost and you have extra money saved up for whatever you want.

And back to actual game talk, I wasn't actually talking about the SOS website. It was posted on the Sega FB page or something, either way it looked like it was done separately from SOS. If it was related to SOS then woops my bad. 

I was thinking, maybe still have pew pew in the tornado sections, but make it an open world box, I guess the closest comparison I can think of is Halo Reach's space segments. Huge sections where you will have free control of the Tornado to fly around and do all sorts of stuff whilst shooting off badniks in the air. Mostly what I want is free control of the Tornado because I'm sick of it being on rails all the time.

A whole week is nothing...

I gave my friend my Wii U 3 weeks after i bought it and he gave me his Vita a week after he bought it. I kept his Vita for 2 weeks. He kept my Wii U for 1 month.

1 Month?! I wish there was more people like you in this world, we'd all be better off.

Edited by Quacku

Well you guys are lucky. I had a friend who let someone else "borrow" his old Xbox once...the jackass went and pawned it off the next day. Lesson learned: "borrow" my console at your own risk if we ain't close.

So yeah, keep those friends of yours close, cuz they're some decent folks.