Awoo.

Sonic Lost World Announced

Carbo

The battle to keep that trailer online is just hilarious. I think there's merit in uploading to somewhere else but Youtube...

There's some great variety in each, and that's good.

It may lack mechs but as Iizuka said he's trying to reinvent Sonic. I'm guessing that includes boss battles being something besides monstrous mechanical mud munchers.

Somersault...

Look to the Adventure and Boost era controls.

A/B - Jump

X - Somersault

LZ - Spin Dash

RZ - Run

Has anyone fully tested the controls during a demo?

So, like Sonic Colours, Lost World has three different "types" of bosses with two bosses of each type

Unlike Sonic Colours these two bosses are actually unique from each other as opposed to being a copypasta of the other boss with slight alterations

I'm rather disappointed that the NiGHTS bosses look like reskins. It's nice to see the characters again, but I had hoped they were brought into this because they had the potential to offer something different...

• Thumbs Up 1

I still hope we are getting a new level at least. Some place did claim that, but I'm not sure if it just meant the bosses themselves, or if the whole thing is one big boss rush.

At least you get the new wisp you can't get otherwise, which is a pretty good reward I guess

So from the looks of this, either all of these battles are going to be multiphased, or we'll be fighting the bosses more than once. Which could be pretty cool either way.

Also, looking at it, I notice that some of the bosses share similarities with Acts that we already know about, and I think it's worth noting that Zomom, Zeena, and Zor's bosses all take place in locations that highly resemble the Act 2s of each world (Zomom on top of the green head thing at the end of Desert Ruins Act 2, Zor riding the robo-owl from the end of Silent Forest Act 2, and Zeena standing on top of a snowman in an area that's highly reminiscent of Frozen Factory Act 2) So my best guess is that we'll see something along the lines of an initial encounter either at the end or directly after the Act 2 of each world, followed by a second more challenging boss occuring at the end of the world (At least outside of the bonus acts)

Another thing worth noting, is that it seems like Zavok is fighting Sonic in a sky-based world, instead of the Volcano that everyone was predicting, and if you look at the bottom of the Lost Hex render, you'll notice that the blue tower-esque structures down there are sorta reminiscent of one of the land masses that could be seen during the first of Zavok's fight, and it seems like it may be some kind of Sky Ruins or something. Which means that we may be seeing more than 6 levels after all, unless the Volcano is only there for the Final Boss fight, and that brown area was all just for show. 

So from the looks of this, either all of these battles are going to be multiphased, or we'll be fighting the bosses more than once. Which could be pretty cool either way.

Also, looking at it, I notice that some of the bosses share similarities with Acts that we already know about, and I think it's worth noting that Zomom, Zeena, and Zor's bosses all take place in locations that highly resemble the Act 2s of each world (Zomom on top of the green head thing at the end of Desert Ruins Act 2, Zor riding the robo-owl from the end of Silent Forest Act 2, and Zeena standing on top of a snowman in an area that's highly reminiscent of Frozen Factory Act 2) So my best guess is that we'll see something along the lines of an initial encounter either at the end or directly after the Act 2 of each world, followed by a second more challenging boss occuring at the end of the world (At least outside of the bonus acts)

Another thing worth noting, is that it seems like Zavok is fighting Sonic in a sky-based world, instead of the Volcano that everyone was predicting, and if you look at the bottom of the Lost Hex render, you'll notice that the blue tower-esque structures down there are sorta reminiscent of one of the land masses that could be seen during the first of Zavok's fight, and it seems like it may be some kind of Sky Ruins or something. Which means that we may be seeing more than 6 levels after all, unless the Volcano is only there for the Final Boss fight, and that brown area was all just for show. 

That brown area is a darker desert ruins concealed by the clouds because if you zoom into lost hex you can see pyramids

Can I just say how much I loved the music in that trailer? It seemed to be a less epic version of the theme we heard in the SOS trailer, so maybe they're different versions of the boss theme? One for the first boss in the daytime and the more epic one in the SOS trailer for the nighttime bosses?

Speaking of which, I think it's awesome that we (might) get 8 bosses in this game, two for each Zeti and who knows if there will be a final Eggman fight like in Colors & Gens (at this point it's a bit safe to assume that we will).

Can I just say how much I loved the music in that trailer? It seemed to be a less epic version of the theme we heard in the SOS trailer, so maybe they're different versions of the boss theme? One for the first boss in the daytime and the more epic one in the SOS trailer for the nighttime bosses?

Speaking of which, I think it's awesome that we (might) get 8 bosses in this game, two for each Zeti and who knows if there will be a final Eggman fight like in Colors & Gens (at this point it's a bit safe to assume that we will).

You do realise two for each Zeti is twelve, right?

And I suppose they want the lava zone to be the Very Definitely Final Zone, but when it takes up a large portion of the map you're kind of spoiling the surprise that there's a seventh zone

I hope we get some rocking music for the lava zone though. It's really be a great place for the aesthetic of the game to shine

I also want to say I adore that new section of the song that plays during Zeena's segment

If these boss battle themes vary with each deadly six member then it feels like the end of the world themes of sonic 06 in a way.

Another thing worth noting, is that it seems like Zavok is fighting Sonic in a sky-based world, instead of the Volcano that everyone was predicting, and if you look at the bottom of the Lost Hex render, you'll notice that the blue tower-esque structures down there are sorta reminiscent of one of the land masses that could be seen during the first of Zavok's fight, and it seems like it may be some kind of Sky Ruins or something.

Zavok's arenas seem like they take parts from other levels. One looks like Silent Forest's ruins in the day, and the stormy one has Desert Ruins ruins in the background.

You do realise two for each Zeti is twelve, right?

And I suppose they want the lava zone to be the Very Definitely Final Zone, but when it takes up a large portion of the map you're kind of spoiling the surprise that there's a seventh zone

My bad, thought there were four when I posted that for some reason...

Zik's boss fight looks so bizarre.

Fruit really that's one of the boss motifs that bug me is he trying to make his own fruit salad also with a giant water wave he's making his own soft drink.

Edited by DarkShadowMaster

I bet the reason why Zik uses so much fruit is because he's a health-nut who only eats "pure" food. Would be a good counterpart to Zomom's gluttonous personality.

Also dat Zeena music

You may smite me now:

Zavok: Stop Dragon your heels and face your death!

Zor:

Master Zik: Fruitless, your endeavors are.

Zeena:

Zomom:

Zazz:

I can't think of anything for the other 4.

• Thumbs Up 2