Awoo.

Sonic Lost World Announced

Carbo

You know a scary thought just came to me after watching this for the 10th time in a row. What if the DLC that comes with the pre-order are just re-skin and are basically hard mode of the regular boss's with different models and in a diffrent setting? I mean looking at how boss battle play and are structured in this trailer is eerily similar to what the DLC boss battles shows off. Am I the only one who see this?

Edited by Da Victoes

You know a scary thought just came to me after watching this for the 10th time in a row. What if the DLC that comes with the pre-order are just re-skin and are basically hard mode with different model and in a diffrent setting? I mean looking at how boss battle play and are structured in this trailer is eerily similar to what the DLC boss battles shows off. Am I the only one who see this?

I wouldn't be surprised if it is. especially since its coming this quickly from game release.

alright boss analysis time:

Zazz:

1. He turns the sky into midnight using the moon's power.
  2. He slams the moon and bounces trying to squash you.
  3. He rides on the moon while it shoots stars out of it's mouth in a line.

4. He shoulder charges at you giving you a chance to hit him.
  5. The moon's face mimics Zazz's facial expressions like a mask.

Zomom:

1. He jumps really high and ground pounds trying to crush you.
  2. He does a spinning tornado attack in a derpy way.
  3. He causes the ground to shake with his ground pounds until it backfires on him and he gets stuck.

Zor:

1. He controls the robot owl and fires projectiles at you which then you have to hit back like the ghost pendulum from sonic rush adventure in that middle area in the stealth zone of silent forest.
  2. He fights you in that temple shrouding with bats forming into clones of himself which you must hit him before he reaches the pulley to stop the room from becoming dark.

Zik:

1. He controls water and moves on a red ball while shielding himself with fruit.
  2. He casts water at you while he fights you on a sphere full of sand and grass.

Zeena:

1. She spins around in a circle really fast while grabbing a robotic snowman's head with her powers and swings it around like the hammer throw.
  2. She fights you on a giant disco ball made of Ice.
  3. Sonic took ballerina lessons.

Zavok:

1. He attacks you while you try to hit the back of the robot dragon while avoiding his attacks on a sphere made of grass from the forest zone.
  2. He attacks you up in the clouds on the dragon itself.
  3. He snaps his fingers together then he shoulder charges at you in a red hue while you have to avoid lasers.

Eggman: ?????????

You could be right the bosses in Nights have the exact same attack pattern as the bosses in the trailer then I'm not playing the NIGHTS DLC until I've cleared the game.

Each of these bosses seem to be encountered twice in different areas of their zone also did sonic just become a ballerina in zeena's encounter in the trailer.

Edited by DarkShadowMaster
  • Thumbs Up 2

It's good to see that all the bosses have something new and different to offer, rather than past games which had only chase bosses and shit....good stuff.

I agree, I like the chase boss's but It's nice to see something different for a change. 

Yes.

Are you sure?

345fpqq.jpg

10hvz37.jpg

I think they look pretty similar.

Edited by Da Victoes
  • Thumbs Up 8

The bosses look okay. The arenas are unique for each fight which is good, keeps it fresh. I hope we get an Eggman boss at the end of the game. Just wouldn't feel right not having at least one Eggman fight.

Edited by -Bender- Wolverine

Oi.

That moon doesn't have tits :l

I'm just messing, it's just reskinned boss battles.

BUT COOL RESKINS, SEGA didn't have to do any of this!

• Thumbs Up 1

And just like that, my interest in the bonus edition has begun to teeter on the edge of the universe. Just because a reskin is pretty doesn't mean it isn't a reskin. =/ But was it ever confirmed though that it also came with a new level or anything like that?

Pretty cool to see them in action I guess, I just hope the boss battles are pretty fun and/or challenging. Zazz is still definitely my favorite XD.

I just wonder if that's it for boss battles. I think that'd be a bit disappointing (aside from endgame I mean), but I could see it happening. I just wanted to fight some more creative mech monstrosities.

I dunno how you can complain Penthe' it's not like you're being charged for the bonus content, it's just free DLC that they didn't have to include, as a nod to the NiGHT's fans... Who knows, it might give you the option of choosing which version of the boss you want to face.

Wait...the Boss Battles also have Red Star Rings?!

I've just noticed that too so these boss battles must be a full level boss act

BUT COOL RESKINS, SEGA didn't have to do any of this!

Yeah that is true. and it's only 5 bucks extra for DLC so It's quite a good deal. 

And just like that, my interest in the bonus edition has begun to teeter on the edge of the universe. Just because a reskin is pretty doesn't mean it isn't a reskin. =/ But was it ever confirmed though that it also came with a new level or anything like that?

Yeah, you can tell they took there time remodeling every thing to fit in the nights universe, the level itself is very detailed. Am pretty sure the DLC will have like an extra attack plus with added voice clips (Hopefully) for the boss.

Update: The DLC free with the pre-order?

Edited by Da Victoes

Wait...the Boss Battles also have Red Star Rings?!

Pretty sure it's because you'll probably have to fight mini-bosses during certain levels like in Sonic 3 & Knuckles.

I dunno how you can complain Penthe' it's not like you're being charged for the bonus content, it's just free DLC that they didn't have to include, as a nod to the NiGHT's fans... Who knows, it might give you the option of choosing which version of the boss you want to face.

I was under the impression that the NiGHTS bosses would be completely divorced from the ones in the main game in terms of mechanics. But the allegation and subsequent screenshots are showing otherwise, hence my slight disappointment and asking about the supposed new level. Just because they didn't have to include it doesn't mean I can't be any less than 100% optimistic about it when information arises that isn't to my fancy. :\

• Thumbs Up 4

EDIT: Nevermind this post.

I feel so lost since I haven't been here in a long time XD

Edited by JemiDove

Wow, reskinned bosses, thats kinda unexciting in retrospect.........

I hope they will at least up the difficulty and/or change up the attacks and stuff.

Booo, I'm always late to the party.

I'm guessing it was a case of a leak that SEGA was quick to pull...

However, given their usual habit, I wouldn't be surprised if it was back up in the week, albeit officially. How many times has SEGA done this now?

Though if they did that I'd worry they're going down a Generations style "Reveal ALL the things!" route...

Anyone care to describe what was in that trailer?

The Boss Battles. For all of the Deadly Six. Zazz and Zomom appear to be 2D primarily, alot like the Colors Bosses. Zik and Zeena are more arena oriented bosses, with some similarities to Mario Galaxy for Zeena. Zor is alot like a Sonic Rush Boss Battle, and also has some other 2D elements. Zavok is a combination of most of the above.

Edited by 743 ED Missile

Well it's a Thursday, so odds are it'll go live tonight anyway. Though did anyone manage to copy the video before it went down? Or does anyone still have the video running in a browser, if so you can copy/record it that way.

It was a a quick view of each of the Deadly Six, including their boss fights at their specific stages, though I kinda forgot what most of them were already as they were just little snippets (and I only watched the video once to boot).

I just recall Zazz trying to crush you and stuff with the giant moon ball on Windy Hill, Zomom or whatever bouncing about on Desert Ruins, Zeena fighting you on a giant icy sphere, swinging a weapon round and round, and the big red guy (forgot his name lol) on a pretty complex level with lazers and such in the sky it seemed. Sorry that's a little vague, I'm sure someone that watched it over and over and has a better memory than I can explain better XD.