Awoo.

Sonic Lost World Announced

Carbo

I saw that already. He made that post after mine.

What...point are you trying to make here...?

That he can flat out say out of supposed non-bias that other titles are better than the recent Sonic titles, but I can't bring up a Sonic game hated by fans yet scored well as an example that Sonic is just as well received by the public (not the nerds on the Internet) as other games are? Also you made an image comparison which I said was invalid, I responded with one for the sake of saying we could do that all day, "what's your point?" and people only focus on my image comparison and not yours, wtf? Also I quoted you saying Colors and Generations are better than people make them out to be since you and I were essentially making the same point at its core. Also I got back to talking about Lost World in my original post and only got off topic after the responses.

Rayman? Donkey Kong? I'm not even a 100% obsessed Sonic fan that only plays Sonic, and to me at least that stupid helicopter whatever the hell he is and Donkey Kong are overrated as fuck. Even Sonic's poorer titles (e.g. Sonic Unleashed, not talking 06 bad) are better than that uninspired garbage.

rayman-origins.jpg

rayman-origins-textscreenLG1.jpgscreen_02tcm2149947.jpg

donkey-kong-country-returns-201011190927

donkey_kong_country_returns_review.jpgDKC-Returns-silhouette.jpg

Say wot, mate?

That game was fucking beautiful with revolutionary art direction and nobody gave a single fuck, then when Nintendo pulls another "new game" out of their ass everyone bends down and worships it.

I honestly don't see how Unleash's artstyle is really revolutionary. Good? Hell yeah, but not really something that hops out at you as new, unique, and original, unless you're talking about just the Sonic series or I'm missing something else. Plus, it's not like Nintendo haven't gotten their fair share of shit from games like Other M and some of the New Super Mario Bros. titles

Edited by Panda Cero
  • Thumbs Up 3

rayman-origins.jpg

rayman-origins-textscreenLG1.jpgscreen_02tcm2149947.jpg

donkey-kong-country-returns-201011190927

donkey_kong_country_returns_review.jpgDKC-Returns-silhouette.jpg

Say wot, mate?

I honestly don't see how Unleash's artstyle is really revolutionary. Good? Hell yeah, but not really something that hops out at you as new, unique, and original, unless you're talking about just the Sonic series or I'm missing something else. Plus, it's not like Nintendo haven't gotten their fair share of shit from games like Other M and some of the New Super Mario Bros. titles

I was mainly talking about Nintendo when I said uninspired (all they do is rehash except for Galaxy) and I even backtracked about Rayman but funny nobody quoted that part! XD And Unleashed was original as fuck, real world locales with a unique semi-cartoony style that looked simply beautiful and people just looked at the game and said "HUR SONIC STILL SUCKS WEREHOG IS STUPID SONIC GOES TOO FAST I FALL OFF LEDGES WHEN I SPAM BOOST WITHOUT THINKING WHY!?" and called it a day. Then Rayman comes along with fairly shit gameplay and just because the game has pretty hand drawn graphics people throw their saliva at it. Also hand drawn graphics alone doesn't equal drive, and I'm pretty sure it's harder to model and rig than it is to draw...

Edited by Speed Drift

Ohhhh yes. Can't wait for me to use dem Shields... Has the Flame Shield ever been in a 3D game?

Ohhhh yes. Can't wait for me to use dem Shields... Has the Flame Shield ever been in a 3D game?

It appeared in Shadow the Hedgehog as the Heat Shield, which protects you from fiery hazards and attacks, and (if I recall) dealt minor contact damage to enemies.

Well there was a "heat shield" of sorts in Shadow the Hedgehog. I think it even protected you from fire(??? it's been forever). That's all that comes to mind.

The Elemental Shields are great to see in a 3D Sonic, even if you need the whole Miiverse thing to use them, as far as we can tell anyway. It'd be nice if they became standard, in-level power-ups again in future games.

Edit: Espio'd!

Edited by ElementofChaos

Does anyone else kind of hope we get a soundtrack select before stages like in generations, I know its not likely but that was one of the features that I hoped would stay with this series.

Huh... interesting. Luckily I never played much of Shadow... but I guess having the Flame Shield in that is cool.

And this game seems to be lacking a Jump Dash. Maybe the Flame Shield will offer a Burst Dash like from S3&K...?

Edited by Straw Hat

We're seeing the Lightning shield again, its not that surprising its the first one seen. Atleast we know that there are other shields in the game. And I am actually pretty happy about that, its been a long time coming and I'm glad that time is now. Lightning shield may offer a better double jump otherwise its just a recolored of a better recolored of worser recolored Lighting shield and that's no fun. The bubble shield would have to mean that there are underwater levels otherwise its just an extra hit with more bounce in its blouse, so it actually should confirm the idea of underwater stages. Lastly the Flame shield...it should work like it did in Generations. It Gives us better vertical movement in the air, much more than the double jump does.

BOTH Ivory Lightning AND Lightning Shield!? And both are colored yellow? I OFFICIALLY LOVE SONIC LOST WORLD!!!!

Judging by your name, I take it you really like yellow-colored electricity/lightning hahahaha.

Edited by TheChaosBacon

While it's clear that DKC Returns, Rayman and Mario have all had better offerings recently, that shouldn't be taken as a slight against Colours/Generations, because they are all quality games.

I think Rayman lost alot of fans, due to delay and released same month as GTA 5

Edit: oops! i replied this message 2 pages back. should of read last page on what you guys were talking about.

If the fire shield  Is  in, the homing kick attack can be enhance with a fiery  burst even when not locked to an enemy

I believe you can't do the kick attack when not locked to an enemy right?

Edited by jordine

Elemental Shields? ALL MY RINGS SEGA!!!!

Buh? Elemental shields too?!

My body and ambitions are paired..

I'M PREPARED!!

Oooh maaaan just look at those boss battles and their stationary boss battle too. How long has it been since we've had a stationary boss? (not counting generations) Not to mention we get our first glimpse at the semi-final level. 

Edited by Da Victoes

Did Zazz just scream "GO TO HELL" in English?

Yes, yes he did. Not surprising, since Sonic games have always had cursing in Japanese. Japanese Sonic X even had Sonic himself say "Shit" and "Damn" in Engrish a few times. Don't expect this to be in the English dub, though. I imagine an English version of the trailer will be released soon.

Edited by Tomoki

I like how Zor might turned out to be like those kind of characters that think they are beautiful, but they are not. He is even holding a flower like them!

• Thumbs Up 1

If anything I think he's going to be poetic or a hopeless romantic.

Fuuuuuuck Zeena I love you, you sassy bitch <3

• Thumbs Up 3

Zeena's battle give me Mario Galaxy boss battle vibes. Sorry I will hide in a corner now. So looks like Sega couldn't contain themselves any longer with the boss battles