Awoo.

Sonic Lost World Announced

Carbo

Man, look at the collective wanking of Dimps hate-boners in here. 

They just need to get back to making their own games and not constrained ports... which from the looks of things isn't a buisness model Sega is interested in at the moment.

• Thumbs Up 2

They just need to get back to making their own games and not constrained ports... which from the looks of things isn't a buisness model Sega is interested in at the moment.

Well I guess this means Pokémon is the only game worth getting for my new 3ds. I still have hope Sega might drop dimps though.

My main problem with Dimps is that I've found their automation, most notably in Dimperations, to actually make the game SLOWER. By boost-jumping over a lot of scripted sections in the levels (or stomping down the middle gap of a diagonal springfest), I save chunkloads of time when compared to any Sonic Team game. It's extremely unnecessary and to be honest, they're nearly the only thing ruining any Sonic games right now.

Edited by Super Spindash

Well consider me excited!!! That image alone is very interesting. probably will be what the story is based on? or at least have something to do with the story? the fact that it looks like a jigsaw puzzle or something... makes me think its about "putting the world back - together"  hope its not just that , but maybe itll also have to do with some gameplay mechanic? Id rather have it be an element of the story..

What I find frustrating mainly is people claiming this to be a Super Mario Galaxy ripoff. Is ANYTHING set in space now a Galaxy ripoff? For crying out loud; this doesn't even RESEMBLE Galaxy, going by this one screenshot!

-sigh-

IOEnjnQ.png

I wonder why...

Edited by Autosaver
  • Thumbs Up 6

Kind of bummed that it isn't multi, but I'm glad that there is a Sonic game finally coming out. As long as the franchise is alive and shit, I'm cool.

• Thumbs Up 3

VUSDPIK.png

I wonder why...

I don't think Dimps made the GBA port of Sonic 1, did they?

I don't think Dimps made the GBA port of Sonic 1, did they?

Nope, that was outsourced to some team whose name I can't remember right now.

What I find frustrating mainly is people claiming this to be a Super Mario Galaxy ripoff. Is ANYTHING set in space now a Galaxy ripoff? For crying out loud; this doesn't even RESEMBLE Galaxy, going by this one screenshot!

-sigh-

From the looks of things, I doubt it's even in space, just somewhere high in earth's (or "Sonic's World's") atmosphere. Making the claims even more ridiculous.

Fuck it, a new Super Smash Bros, Mario Kart, 3D Mario title, inevitable Legend Of Zelda title and exclusive Sonic titles? I was somewhat decided against it but this decision may have sealed to deal on me buying a Wii U. 

-sigh-

I get more Sonic CD vibes (Little Planet) then Mario Galaxy.

-sigh-

It seems nearly every modern Sonic game is a Mario Galaxy rip-off. I remember people were calling Unleashed a Mario Galaxy rip-off back in '08, just because it had some orchestrated music. Then they were calling Colors a Mario Galaxy rip-off for taking place in space and having a drill power-up, despite the fact the Sonic went into space before Mario ever did back in Sonic 2. Just ignore those comments, man. There's a lot of dumb people on the internet.

But don't you know? Mario invented space and small planets.

• Thumbs Up 6

Yeah, same here. Does look quite a bit like the CD intro where Sonic's climbing to Little Planet, doesn't it?

I think it looks like a cross between Sonic CD and Mario Galaxy, even though of course Mario doesn't have a monopoly on planets and galaxy's. I'm intrigued either way.

You say that like it's bad to not want an extremely dumbed down version of a potentially awesome game to be given to you as what seems to be punishment for not being able to afford the console that the best version of said game is on. =_=
  • Thumbs Up 1

Maybe they're accusing recent Sonic games of being Galaxy ripoffs because they have something in common ... they're all good games!

Don't hurt me.

But yeah, I'm happy about this since I'm a Nintendo fan and I was probably going to get a Wii U eventually. I don't get why people are so shocked about non-Nintendo fans' disappointment though, isn't it pretty normal to be upset about exclusives?? It's like if your favourite band released a new album, but only dogs can listen to it. Of course I'd be mad!

Not to say there hasn't been overreactions, though. I heard there was already a petition, for one, and I'm sure there's a lot of silliness on other forums and such.

It seems nearly every modern Sonic game is a Mario Galaxy rip-off. I remember people were calling Unleashed a Mario Galaxy rip-off back in '08, just because it had some orchestrated music. Then they were calling Colors a Mario Galaxy rip-off for taking place in space and having a drill power-up, despite the fact the Sonic went into space before Mario ever did back in Sonic 2. Just ignore those comments, man. There's a lot of dumb people on the internet.

Actually Mario was first in space if i remember correctly

I believe it was on the gameboy

Edit yep Super Mario Land 2: 6 Golden Coins

Edited by i don't like pie

You say that like it's bad to not want an extremely dumbed down version of a potentially awesome game to be given to you as what seems to be punishment for not being able to afford the console that the best version of said game is on. =_=

Why did you stop reading after the first sentence in that post. tongue.png

I specifically said Dimps needs to get back to making their own original games and avoid port duty. We are in agreement for that much.

Edited by Sega DogTagz

I'm looking forward to hear more about this. I will strive to get a Wii U sometime before release.

I seriously didn't expect that announcement but i am very pleased that i bought a Wii U and a 3DS.

So basically just confirming this again but we're supposed to get a teaser(something) this Monday and on 29th Full Details?

Yep, teaser on Monday and apparently more juicy info on the 29th.

Even if I wasn't planning on getting a Wii U or whatever, I think I'd still be a little interested in seeing where this goes. The title sounds intriguing, at least.

• Thumbs Up 1

Where did the info about a teaser on Monday come from?

The official Sonic Facebook page if I recall correctly.