Awoo.

Sonic Lost World Announced

Carbo

I really do love how people say "Wii U needs more 3rd party games!", and then when it gets them exclusively they bitch and moan. It's the new Sonic game everyone has been waiting for, get hype. If you're going to be a baby, just sit this out and eat your peas.

• Thumbs Up 3

I was just thinking... they could use the gamepad to basically allow players to hold in their hands their very own Miles Electric. Not sure what they could do with this, but just something I was thinking about.

Dayum, I hadn't thought of that! That'd be an epic idea, if they can think up a decent enough use for it. Certainly from an aesthetic viewpoint the GamePad does look a lot like the Miles Electric.

I was just thinking... they could use the gamepad to basically allow players to hold in their hands their very own Miles Electric. Not sure what they could do with this, but just something I was thinking about.

Special themed controllers, perhaps? Like some of the special Xbox 360 controllers I've seen around...

Also awww that is such a cool idea! biggrin.png

Edited by MamboCat

I'd really love to see a haunted mansion in a Sonic game again. Like Act 1 takes place in the front yard, with loop-de-loops with ivy attached, gravestones and maybe ghosts. Act 2 takes place inside, with ghosts as the rooms get darker, something akin to Sandopolis Zone. There could also be poltergeists throwing stuff at Sonic. Act 3 ends in the courtyard ending with a massive chase scene away from a possessed armory set, because why the heck not? 

... That would be awesome. SEGA, do it for this game. PLEASE.

Sandopolis was a great level even tho it was long as hell and by the time i got to the boss in act 2 i would be outta time and died. i was surprised when i went into the pyramid that instead of fighting more mummies i was dealing with ghost. this also leads me to believe that robotnik could have fall back career as a ghostbuster

Aw lawdy, just imagine like, a MilesElectric skin for the GamePad that comes if you preorder the game or something.

That would just be too AWE-SOOOOOOOOME.

Edited by Super Spindash

I read nothing about co-developing? Just what looks to be publishing in Europe and throwing money for exclusivity rights.

Iirc Nintendo is usually somewhat involved in the games they publish/fund (for example, LEGO City Undercover). Of course most of the work is still done by Sega/Sonic Team though.

I'm late but...
Sonic game exclusive to Wii-U/3DS? That's cool I guess. Will the 3DS version be handled by Dumps as per usual?

Also the pic artwork looks nice but, I'm more so worried that it's gonna be a Sonic CD clone, even more so then Sonic 4 Ep.2 was.

I'd like to see some gameplay though Sega. I'd rather not waste my "hype" on what might be "Unleashed 4". I wanna see something new, new gameplay, engine, or something before getting even the little bit excited over this.

Actually since this is a Nintendo exclusive, I wonder if it's a storybook title. Because that'd be pretty damn hilarious seeing everyone getting hyped for a storybook game.

Iwata says it's an Action Adventure game.. which means being a 2D platformer wouldn't make sense.

• Thumbs Up 2

Actually since this is a Nintendo exclusive, I wonder if it's a storybook title. Because that'd be pretty damn hilarious seeing everyone getting hyped for a storybook game.

Eh, that's kinda taking a long guess. One, SEGA is fully aware everyone hates Secret Rings and Black Knight (the main majority at least. I have a soft spot for Black Knight), and also, Colours was Nintendo-exclusive and that wasn't a storybook game.

Eh, that's kinda taking a long guess. One, SEGA is fully aware everyone hates Secret Rings and Black Knight (the main majority at least. I have a soft spot for Black Knight), and also, Colours was Nintendo-exclusive and that wasn't a storybook game.

Even if it is a storybook game doesn't mean it's automatically shit. The major issue of the the last 2 were the gimmicky motion controls which Sega has dropped entirely.

• Thumbs Up 1

Even if it is a storybook game doesn't mean it's automatically shit. The major issue of the the last 2 were the gimmicky motion controls which Sega has dropped entirely.

I'm not saying it'd be shit. I'm just saying it's slightly unlikely.

Anyone else get a feeling this third game could perhaps be a Super Smash Bros title?

With Sonic most likely reappearing in Smash Bros 4 and Sumo teasing his appearance in Mario Kart U, why would they make an exclusive Smash Bros title for Sonic?

Anyone else get a feeling this third game could perhaps be a Super Smash Bros title?

No, but I do think Sonic's chances of being in Smash Bros 4 just went up significantly.

Edit: Ninja'd ninja'd ninja'd BELIEVE IT.

Edited by Solly

I doubt it unless half the cast is now Sega characters. The 3 game partnership implies that Sega's at least co-developing the titles, Sonic in Brawl however was just Sega letting Nintendo uses their IP in a Nintendo developed game.

Wii U exclusive? Damn, oh well at least I'm getting a 3DS as a graduation gift (finally I have something to look forward to other than Pokémon X and Y!), but I'm sincerely hoping Sega doesn't half ass the 3DS version like they did with Generations.

So... will 3/4ths of the forum be quiet now after Sonic staying on Nintendo only? Awkward.

Mmhm, this is some tastey news and the Nintendo fag within me is weeping with joy. I had a hunch that the reveal of the new Nintendo Direct and the game's registration appearing on the same day was a bit suspiscous, though I can't say I'm unhappy with this, outside of the issue of the level tropes here. I won't be too miffed if Sonic goes down the NSMB route with levels this time (All of the standard tropes from the NSMB games (Sky and Mountain/Rocky are argueable though)) Though I do hope they at least give it a Sonic style flare to the designs, and maybe toss in some more unique tropes that are currently unseen.

Though with all of these details on how benefitial this move is to Sega and rumors of Sonic getting a spot in Mario Kart, with possibly even some Sumo support, I just want Sonic to be more and more of a Nintendo exclusive franchise

I'm hoping Sega might have learnt a bit from the reception to the last couple of Sonic titles developed by Dimps but do we really believe they'll do anything different? dry.png

• Thumbs Up 2

I'm hoping Sega might have learnt a bit from the reception to the last couple of Sonic titles developed by Dimps but do we really believe they'll do anything different? dry.png

I still have hope that Dimps might not be making the 3ds version. But god help us all if they do end up making it.

Please, SEGA, don't give the 3DS version to Dimps. Please.

Monster Games could do it. How about them?

I really do love how people say "Wii U needs more 3rd party games!", and then when it gets them exclusively they bitch and moan. It's the new Sonic game everyone has been waiting for, get hype. If you're going to be a baby, just sit this out and eat your peas.

In my humblest opinion, it needs a lot more than 3rd party games. In fact, it needs a boatload of new IP straight from the 1st party.

As for the game, I'm waiting to see what's what. I don't really care that Sonic Lost World itself is a Nintendo exclusive, its the whole 3 game, extended exclusivity deal that bothers me. I don't want to be forced to buy a Nintendo console to play a franchise which is neither 1st, nor 2nd party to Nintendo.

• Thumbs Up 1

I just hope Sonic Team would end their relationship with Dimps. It's quite clear now that Dimps' reputation in the Sonic fanbase is low as, the moment can't be far off now.

Edited by Super Spindash
  • Thumbs Up 2

I just hope Sonic Team would end their relationship with Dimps. It's quite clear now that Dimps' reputation in the Sonic fanbase is low as, the moment can't be far off now.

You and me both, hopefully the reception of the handheld versions of Colors and Generations sent them a message.

• Thumbs Up 1