Awoo.

Sonic Lost World Announced

Carbo

The thing is, you are now contradicting your comment on the Adventure games having 'perfect controls or at least better than modern' by saying "when you go fast they mess up", and you're also saying "in the modern games when you go fast, you can't move very well".

I see the modern's method a better suit for platforming, really. Sonic is a franchise that is, admittedly, partially focused on speed, as well as platforming and exploration.

Generations' good controls when moving slowly assist in the platforming and exploration department, and for making good turns while going at a full speed, you actually have the Drift, which now controls fluently, unlike the pile of poop it was in Unleashed.

EDIT: Also, mods, if you feel that this is going too off-topic, I apologize. ^^'

No, I wasn't contradicting myself. When I said SA1 and 2 had good controls, I was referring to the slower platform speeds (which is the topic I was talking about with unleashed and generations). And I never said the modern games had "bad controls when going fast" (even though they CAN be a bit iffy).

And you seeing Sonic as a speed franchise means nothing. Sonic is more than just that. The only Sonic games that focus on speed and barely any platforming are current sonic games. 

And like I said, generations WAS an improvement, but to assume it's perfect is just silly. Because it's not lol. It may WORK, but that doesn't mean there isnt room for improvement. 

I don't know if this has been posted already and I can't varify this myself, but given the volume of people claiming it I suppose it's real.

The Official Sonic Facebook page just leaked a bunch of stuff about the game.

- Full details will be announced on the 29th.

- the lost world (not worlds) is a partially unfinished planet seemingly made of hexagon tiles.

- the game has six “guardians” who may be friends or foes- only their outlines are shown but they look very cartoony, like characters from Rayman.

- most importantly, Sega and Nintendo have entered an exclusive partnership for Sonic’s next three games.

Sound amazing. How was this leaked?

Sound amazing. How was this leaked?

Sonic the Hedgehog decided to post it on his official facebook page in the photos/images section.

Besides, other people who just commented seem to think the same thing. the controls for generation are far from perfect, but they definitely WORK.

just saying... id prefer the tighter SA controls lol

I don't know if this has been posted already and I can't varify this myself, but given the volume of people claiming it I suppose it's real.

- the lost world (not worlds) is a partially unfinished planet seemingly made of hexagon tiles.

- the game has six “guardians” who may be friends or foes- only their outlines are shown but they look very cartoony, like characters from Rayman.

- most importantly, Sega and Nintendo have entered an exclusive partnership for Sonic’s next three games.

Oooh. Now I'm hyped for the 29th! 

I'm just on there nothing? 

proof please

I don't see anything on their facebook, and I had it opened like 10 mins ago.

Full details on the 29th? So why were people saying that we'll get info on Monday?

Because it's just a teaser, not full details.

But back on topic, I hope they let you run around this "lost world" as sonic, like you could station square and soleanna (even though 06 was terribad). 

I loved being able to run around and actually BE sonic in the game, instead of treating the game like it was just a bunch of speed runs. Unleashed tried it again but... XD again.... it was hard to move around the 3D town environments. ESPECIALLY when you were in the areas that let you run around at full speeds.

Come to think of it... i should have used THAT as an example of unleashed terrible controls, instead of cool edge and jungle joyride -__-

• Thumbs Up 1

Is Hunnid-P's involvement a certainty? The work he did may not be being used, or he may have been confused with something.

I'm just on there nothing? 

proof please

.... I just said in the post you've quoted that I can't varify it but given the number of people claiming it....

It's mainly due to the TSS comments on our story, theres a bunch and a couple in the pending that claim there were a number of images up which were then taken down very quickly.

We still can't forget Hunnid-P's involvement in all of this. Though considering the looks of this game, I can't help but feel it will be a tad out of place, guess we'll see.

If this game's tone is anything akin to Colors or Generations, I can't help but laugh at the possibility of the Knuckles raps being in this game.

Alright Woun, get to work.

*leans back in lawn chair*

Also, the imagine of the planet is a lot clearer, can make out some landmarks and stuff.

Edited by Soniman

.... I just said in the post you've quoted that I can't varify it but given the number of people claiming it....

It's mainly due to the TSS comments on our story, theres a bunch and a couple in the pending that claim there were a number of images up which were then taken down very quickly.

If no one can produce these supposed images it's probably not worth worrying about. It's too easy to just make something up.

Pretty disappointed by the Wii-U only news but its an exclusivity deal for only 3 games, two of which I would not be surprised if they came out this year. With two consoles from the other two companies due to come out it makes sense to hold off and release the Wii-U edition of the games first. I have a feeling we'll still see Sonic on the next Xbox and PS4 in the long run so I am not worried at all.

If the 3DS version is any good I'm getting that I guess though, I have no intention whatsoever of splurging on a Wii-U since I rather dislike the console.

Analysis of all the locations shown on the "Lost World".

Green Hill Areas
greenhill.png

There's lots of places like this, and they look like Green Hill. Not to be confused with...

NSMB Forest Zone
forestv.png

Yes it's just a generic forest, but there's some extra large trees with zig-zag patterns. Normally when we see forest stages in Sonic games they're tropical, ala Tropical Jungle or Angel Island. This is really quite different.

World 8 Volcano Zone
lavabr.png

This has got to be the first time since 06, and only the third time in the history of 3D Sonic games that we're getting a volcano stage. Again it looks like NSMB.

Water World
waterw.png

Third time's a charm- it looks like the typical coastal/water world from NSMB. But we're looking at a zoomed out map so it's not exactly fair. Maybe SEGA will finally give us full 3D underwater areas? ... nah

Desert Zone
desertw.png

No, it's not Dust Hill. This is an Egyptian desert complete with Pyramids and several oases. Last time we saw one of these was in '06. So how bout that NSMB?

Savanah/Rock Zone
rockld.png

Either this is more desert, or it's something rocky or savanah-ish. Not really sure what to say about this. NSMB strikes again.

Ice World
icek.png

This one is interesting. Partly because ice stages are always cool, and partly because... what are those dark structures all around the place? Also, moar NSMB.

More Ice, or Something Else?
whatsthisp.png

I can't really tell what this is at all.

Floating Islands
floatingislandsj.png

Now these have me curious. Will they be mini-acts, or are they just parts of the world that haven't been formed yet?

Edited by Blue Blood
  • Thumbs Up 7

You know, it does look a tad similar to NSMB.....and that kind of has me worried.

• Thumbs Up 4

Floating Islands

floatingislandsj.png

Now these have me curious. Will they be mini-acts, or are they just parts of the world that haven't been formed yet?

Would be pretty cool if these were separate mini-acts that are optional much like the Hidden Islands in Rush Adventure, that's what they remind me of.

This has me so giddy in excitement I can't even describe my happiness. Is this the big Sonic game I've been waiting for? Please God, let it be.

Pretty disappointed by the Wii-U only news but its an exclusivity deal for only 3 games, two of which I would not be surprised if they came out this year. With two consoles from the other two companies due to come out it makes sense to hold off and release the Wii-U edition of the games first. I have a feeling we'll still see Sonic on the next Xbox and PS4 in the long run so I am not worried at all.

If the 3DS version is any good I'm getting that I guess though, I have no intention whatsoever of splurging on a Wii-U since I rather dislike the console.

That's what Im wondering... people are treating this like they are ONLY making sonic games for nintendo now... is this true? 

Arent they JUST doing 3 exclusive games, like how sonic colors was exclusive? I dont see why they would limit themselves. 

Analysis of all the locations shown on the "Lost World".

Green Hill Areas

greenhill.png

There's lots of places like this, and they look like Green Hill. Not to be confused with...

NSMB Forest Zone

forestv.png

Yes it's just a generic forest, but there's some extra large trees with zig-zag patterns. Normally when we see forest stages in Sonic games they're tropical, ala Tropical Jungle or Angel Island. This is really quite different.

World 8 Volcano Zone

lavabr.png

This has got to be the first time since 06, and only the third time in the history of 3D Sonic games that we're getting a volcano stage. Again it looks like NSMB.

Water World

waterw.png

Third time's a charm- it looks like the typical coastal/water world from NSMB. But we're looking at a zoomed out map so it's not exactly fair. Maybe SEGA will finally give us full 3D underwater areas? ... nah

Desert Zone

desertw.png

No, it's not Dust Hill. This is an Egyptian desert complete with Pyramids and several oases. Last time we saw one of these was in '06. So how bout that NSMB?

Savanah/Rock Zone

rockld.png

Either this is more desert, or it's something rocky or savanah-ish. Not really sure what to say about this. NSMB strikes again.

Ice World

icek.png

This one is interesting. Partly because ice stages are always cool, and partly because... what are those dark structures all around the place? Also, moar NSMB.

More Ice, or Something Else?

whatsthisp.png

I can't really tell what this is at all.

Floating Islands

floatingislandsj.png

Tails & Knuckles are playable........as reskins.

Thank God I bought a Wii U. 3 (probably) Hedgehog fast speed engine games exclusively for my system? Just after I was getting a bit disappointed with the lack of news.

Awesome!