Awoo.

Sonic Lost World Announced

Carbo

YES! All-new Sonic, ALL.NEW! SOOOOOOOOO HAPPY! biggrin.png Even for the new friends bit biggrin.png

Wasn't it quite obvious that there was going to be new friends? Seems to be a trend for games when randomly popping up in a world they have never been in before.

Sonic Colours had a new world and the Wisps weren't exactly new friends material.

New friends?

I usually don't hate new Sonic characters, but the media does.. I really hope this doesn't impact Lost World's chances for critical success.

Could be rebooted forgotten characters, they called chaotix new. Perhaps Nack!

I just plead that the public doesn't jump back on their "shitty friends" claim...

Oh, who the fuck am I kidding. I'm not gonna even bother reading this stuff on Game Informer and all that. I can only imagine the comments.

Needless to say, looking forward to this. This is shaping up to look pleasing; the question is, is it a hit?

Or a miss?

• Thumbs Up 1

I guess that leaked stuff about the new guardian characters could be true then.

New friends?

I usually don't hate new Sonic characters, but the media does.. I really hope this doesn't impact Lost World's chances for critical success.

If the new gameplay's awesome and they don't do anything silly with the new characters, then it really shouldn't impact its chances that hard, if at all.

By new characters they might even just mean the guardians or whatever people were talking about. They might just be new NPC one off characters like Chip and Yacker or whatever that aliens name was again. I don't think it mentions anything about new characters being playable or explicitly saying for sure the boost mechanic is gone, unless I skipped over that part. For all we know 'new gameplay' could mean a number of things, not necessarily the removal of boost/homing attack/whatever other abilities! I'm keeping my expectations in check here, not gonna hype myself up over uncertainties until I see it in action.

I'm very interested in the new characters tidbit, although skeptical. Same friends? Great. Now the question remains on how they're going to be used, and how they'll interact. 

New gameplay has me kind of excited though, as I think having a fresh gameplay experience could be pretty fun.

In bed, but I couldn't resist looking up the discussion on this game. Now I'm quite intrigued.

Wait? We now want new characters?

.... ... I don't understand anymore. *goes to bake something*

• Thumbs Up 7

I just plead that the public doesn't jump back on their "shitty friends" claim...

Oh, who the fuck am I kidding. I'm not gonna even bother reading this stuff on Game Informer and all that. I can only imagine the comments.

Needless to say, looking forward to this. This is shaping up to look pleasing; the question is, is it a hit?

Or a miss?

Who cares at this point. SEGA been playing it really safe for like 3 years now and the public still bashes Sonic's 'shitty friends' even when they're not even present. I'm actually happy for this news that means we're getting something interesting.

Sonic Colours had a new world and the Wisps weren't exactly new friends material.

...I was actually referring to Sonic Colors for the friend example lol. Yacker imo would be considered a friend.

Wait? We now want new characters?

.... ... I don't understand anymore. *goes to bake something*

What's wrong with a new character made for this game? People seemed to be fine with character like Chip, Professor Pickle, and Yacker. I wouldn't mind a one-off character that's deeply involved with the world/plot in someway. Especially if that character happens to be original and not annoying compared to some of Sonic's other friends.

Edited by Autosaver

I'm not getting excited yet. "New gameplay" could mean any number of things in this context, including "basically the same gameplay with a few small changes".

• Thumbs Up 8

I'm actually happy for this news that means we're getting something interesting.

So am I, don't get me wrong. I'm just eternally pissed at the media for all these ridiculously old "shitty friends" and "shitty voices" comments that don't even apply most of the time today.

Edited by Super Spindash

New Friends? Well, it's only a matter of time till somebody brings up the Sonic Cycle.

Joking aside, this is amazing news!

Edited by Johnny Boy

I can't help but think of Megaman X when I think of (possibly) animal themed guardians >.<

Now I have the mental image of Kate's Tails voice annoying Roger's Sonic by saying "STORM EAGGGGLLLLEEEE!" repeatedly.

• Thumbs Up 3

Now I have the mental image of Kate's Tails voice annoying Roger's Sonic by saying "STORM EAGGGGLLLLEEEE!" repeatedly.

...oh my lawd.

If that happens, this is GotY. Of ALL years. I'd like this post but I'm outta quota for the day. xD

Edited by Super Spindash

I'm excited! I'm getting a WiiU for Christmas so I can enjoy this hopefully. The announcement of no boost excites me and interests me. However new friends worries me. Please be good additions. I am disappointed that this doesn't look like it will be knuckles centered in any way. But if its great plot and gameplay wise, I won't care.:P Also I wonder how many Nintendo references will be in the game because of this partnership?:P

New Friends? Well, it's only a matter of time till somebody brings up the Sonic Cycle.

Like they wasn't going to bring it up anyway even if there's no new friends.

Edited by sonfan1984
  • Thumbs Up 3

...I was actually referring to Sonic Colors for the friend example lol. Yacker imo would be considered a friend.

I was disappointed with Yacker, mainly cause he and the Wisps were pegged to be more important than they were. Whatever this game brings, I hope new characters are more along the lines of Pickle, Orbot and Cubot. They're three new characters I can't get enough of.

Oh shit. Orbot and Cubot are probably back in this game. No doubt it'll be capitalising on everything that helped Colours reach high acclaim.

And I just thought of something else! Unleashed HD and Gens HD were made by one division of Sonic Team and the had to focus on making the games for two platforms at once. All the Wii games, including SatSR, SatBK and Colours were by the Storybook team. Now we're going to be seeing the main Sonic Team devs working on just the one system! Maybe as a larger team with the storybook guys in tow. I've not the slightest reason to believe this game will be disappointing.

• Thumbs Up 9