Awoo.

Sonic Lost World Announced

Carbo

I wonder how Mr Franklin from the "HD Brotherhood" on the SEGA forums is taking this news... tongue.png

If Dimps is working on the 3DS version (they probably are though I wish SEGA could just ditch these guys) I hope they do a much better job than Colours and Generations handheld versions. They seem to have lost their touch lately. It all started with Sonic Unwiished and when Sonic 4 came out it was like damn, what happened? They used to be awesome!

• Thumbs Up 2

If Dimps is working on the 3DS version (they probably are though I wish SEGA could just ditch these guys) I hope they do a much better job than Colours and Generations handheld versions. They seem to have lost their touch lately. It all started with Sonic Unwiished and when Sonic 4 came out it was like damn, what happened? They used to be awesome!

To be honest, their level design started becoming "meh" level in Rush. It was just hard to notice due to Shadow, an equally bad game, being out at the same time frame, I suppose. 

Also, I don't think Dimps had a part in Unwiished. It was only one guy from there pinpointed as head daytime level designer; the rest was Sonic Team.

Edited by Super Spindash

I wonder how Mr Franklin from the "HD Brotherhood" on the SEGA forums is taking this news... tongue.png

Not well....at all laugh.png

Being physically tired and without a lot of info hasn't shot my adrenaline through the stratosphere yet; probably didn't help that the game was initially leaked via copyright registration either. The image we have looks great and speaks of some great potential that others have covered better than I could, but I've got nothing to go off of and get hyped about (can we get just a little bit more narrative, Sega? Please? I mean, fuck.) I don't care about Nintendo exclusivity either. It'd be nice to play it on a Microsoft box but I inevitably get the Ninty consoles anyway, and I'm going to need more than Rayman to further justify the purchase.

• Thumbs Up 1

The Nintendo exclusivity deal was my worst nightmare. I'm not buying a Wii U for one game. Here's a legitimate complaint: I hope we don't get Generic zones like in New Super Mario Bros.

I'm getting major Sonic Unleashed vibes from that picture. It's like a World Adventure!

"I'm not buying a Wii U for one game!"

No offense, but it's kind of stupid to buy a system for just one game. Keep in mind that the Wii U has many indie exclusives and first party titles to look forward too. Don't take the mentality of owning a Wii U for Lost Worlds.

What about Smash Bros? Mario Kart U? Mario U? Zelda U? Wind Waker HD? Metroid? Donkey Kong? Xenoblade 2? Pikmin 3? Wonderful 101? Fire Emblem x Shin Megami Tensei? Lego City Undercover? Monster Hunter? Toki Tori 2? Little Inferno? Wii Party? Game & Wario? Bayonetta 2? Unannounced Sonic title? New Super Mario Bros? Zombi U?

Edited by Autosaver
  • Thumbs Up 7

I admit I bought a 360 just for Unleashed, so I don't really see the big deal in this from my end (especially since the Wii U already promises more games I would like than the 360 ever gave me, lol). I'll end up getting a Wii U before the end of the year and getting this with it, so really I'm 100% fine with this.

The only thing that bothers me is how people act like this is the beginning of an eternal partnership of Nintendo and Sega whenever its just three games, with two already coming out this year. :P I wouldn't worry about it too much, guys.

On note of the actual game.. I agree with Nep. I really wish we'd get more news, like a narrative of whats going on. I get the concept of waiting until Monday, but that's almost evil whenever you let your publishers leak a picture like 3 days before, LOL.

No offense, but it's kind of stupid to buy a system for just one game. Keep in mind that the Wii U has many indie exclusives and first party titles to look forward too. Don't take the mentality of owning a Wii U for Lost Worlds. What about Smash Bros? Mario Kart U? Mario U? Zelda U? Metroid? Donkey Kong? Xenoblade 2? Pikmin 3? Wonderful 101? Fire Emblem x Shin Megami Tensei?

But some of us aren't really that into a lot of the Nintendo first party titles you listed there. Other than Wonderful 101 I know that for myself personally I am not interested in any of those other titles and have no intention of getting the system. Bayonetta 2 is the only other one I want and I can chalk that up to being a huge platinum fanboy (I love their games). It's not a far stretch on this forum that a lot of people are really hardcore into Sonic and not much else, or aren't that into Nintendo :o.

So I think while yeah, its kind of a waste to buy a system for one game, I can understand the sentiment. I don't think its fair to tell people to look forward to a lot of other games that might not necessarily fit their tastes. And thats perfectly cooool.

• Thumbs Up 1

No offense, but it's kind of stupid to buy a system for just one game. Keep in mind that the Wii U has many indie exclusives and first party titles to look forward too. Don't take the mentality of owning a Wii U for Lost Worlds. What about Smash Bros? Mario Kart U? Mario U? Zelda U? Metroid? Donkey Kong? Xenoblade 2? Pikmin 3? Wonderful 101? Fire Emblem x Shin Megami Tensei?

Why can't I buy a Wii U for Lost Worlds and get those titles later down the road?

The only Wii U games I'm interested in at the moment are Smash Bros 4 (which is getting a 3DS version anyway), Wonderful 101, Bayonetta 2, and Sonic Lost World. I really don't care for most of Nintendo's IPs. Rayman Legends is no longer exclusive to the console either. I can get the indie games I want on XBLA or PC. The Wii U's just not a console for me at the moment.

The exclusiveness bites, but I think over time the Wii U will get more stuff on it and people will buy it... but they probably won't have this game until long after it's not new. Beware those spoiler guns!

I can look forward to three Sonic games and Smash Bros 4 for Wii U so it's a start. I'll probably have to explore some other title to make it worth it.

Hmm. Guardians. I really hope someone was able to grab that photo before it was pulled, as I'm curious now.

News on Monday? Man this is great! I do wonder, why does SEGA always pull information and then release it a few days later? Always struck me as really weird.

But don't you know? Mario invented space and small planets.

Well given that Mario is God in video games, this is probably true.

Edited by Ogilvie Maurice

Haven't been here for a while, but...

I am so excited! I can't wait for more information to come out! And I don't mind the exclusivity.

Why can't I buy a Wii U for Lost Worlds and get those titles later down the road?

Wrong interpretation of my post.

I was simply stating that saying you're not buying a Wii U for one game is silly when there are many MANY various games out and coming out in the future.

Back when I was in the prime of my youth, a ridiculously daft 15 year old, I was planning on buying a 360 for Sonic 2006. Ahem..

Glad I didn't but I did get a 360 in the end anyway.

And, for the sake of Sonic fans, I hope Nintendo can conjure up some new IPs that would catch the interest of those who aren't usually fond of Nintendo IPs. One reason to get a system isn't much, and Nintendo's usual suspects aren't always for everyone, they just need to make somethin' new and neat.

The only thing that bothers me is how people act like this is the beginning of an eternal partnership of Nintendo and Sega whenever its just three games, with two already coming out this year. tongue.png I wouldn't worry about it too much, guys.

Fo sho, there's absolutely nothin' here that hasn't happened before.

To date, there are.. 10 Nintendo-exclusive Sonic games, not including Lost World. Didn't realise it was that many..!

• Thumbs Up 3

The Wii U will become a much better prospect for purchase after E3 i would imagine. Nintendo is bound to announce all sorts there with its mini directs all about games. Most systems start off rather bumpy, and all of them start off with a low user base, they are new after all. Once they show off the new 3D style Mario, a new Zelda, the usuals as well as a few 3rd parties like this Sonic one, people will end up buying more of them. It's so catch 22 tho, publishers don't want to risk making games without a user base, but you won't get a user base without the good games to back up the system. Maybe Nintendo should be making more partnerships like this one and doing a bit more with the money it earned during the Wii's lifespan. They are constantly pointed out as being the ones with the most money in the bank compared to Sony and Microsofts separate game divisions, so why don't they use some of it to bump support >.<

What I don't get tho is how there are so many Vita people always posting comments on forums saying "Why isn't this on Vita?" "Where's Vita version?" etc, and its pretty well known that currently theres bugger all system sellers on it, yet they say I'm not buying Wii U it has no games. They also defend Vita saying wait for E3 yet turn around and in the same breath seem to think Nintendo has nothing up its sleeve. I just think I will never understand those that support only one company or put all their chips on one system anymore. I used to do that back in the day with Sega but since it went third party I've had a lot more fun embracing everything gaming has to offer rather than swearing allegiance to any one crowd.

• Thumbs Up 3

So what actually confirmed a teaser for Monday? I believe it and everything but never caught where it came from.

Wrong interpretation of my post.

I was simply stating that saying you're not buying a Wii U for one game is silly when there are many MANY various games out and coming out in the future.

1. What if I'm not particularly interested in any of those games?

2. If I do decide to but any of those games, I fail to see how it makes a difference.

• Thumbs Up 1

Maybe there are people who don't think all of those games look particularly appealing. 

Maybe there are people who aren't Nintendo fans.

I'm seriously not seeing how it's dumb to say that one doesn't want a Wii U only for Sonic. Like, at all. I'd be buying a 300 dollar system for a very small selection of games that suit my preference, and I don't see it as a worthwhile investment. I could live without Smash Bros. I don't like Mario. I don't care about Zelda anymore. I don't like Metroid. I only liked Donkey Kong Country Returns. I don't care about Pikmin, and I could live without Wonderful 101. That leaves me with three games. See the problem?

It's a legitimate complaint, whether you agree or not. I'm so fucking tired of this generalization that anyone who doesn't like ____ is obviously a biased fanboy and has some anti-____ agenda. 

There's no conspiracy. It's called opinions.

Anyway, I hope this game turns out good for you all's sakes. I won't be able to play it either way, so oh well. 

• Thumbs Up 8

So I've been thinking.

The game will have to take advantage of the Wii U Gamepad and the extra screen on the 3DS, and the first thing that comes to mind for me is a map screen.  But the problem is that Sonic games generally don't call for maps, which gave me an idea.  I highly doubt this is actually going to happen, but what if the idea behind the game is a more open, explorable game world that can rearrange itself?  The individual sections of the world remain consistent, but the way they connect to each other changes over the course of the game.

Crazy long shot I know, but, well, it's a thought.

One more thing, in regards to the worry that we're only getting generic NSMB style themes, I feel I must point out that this is still a Sonic game.  Eggman will build some kind of machine level for us.

One more thing, in regards to the worry that we're only getting generic NSMB style themes, I feel I must point out that this is still a Sonic game.  Eggman will build some kind of machine level for us.

Don't be so sure about that. Eggman is still trapped... running out of air... cold... hungry... talking to himself...

• Thumbs Up 2

Maybe there are people who don't think all of those games look particularly appealing. 

Maybe there are people who aren't Nintendo fans.

I'm seriously not seeing how it's dumb to say that one doesn't want a Wii U only for Sonic. Like, at all. I'd be buying a 300 dollar system for a very small selection of games that suit my preference, and I don't see it as a worthwhile investment. I could live without Smash Bros. I don't like Mario. I don't care about Zelda anymore. I don't like Metroid. I only liked Donkey Kong Country Returns. I don't care about Pikmin, and I could live without Wonderful 101. That leaves me with three games. See the problem?

It's a legitimate complaint, whether you agree or not. I'm so fucking tired of this generalization that anyone who doesn't like ____ is obviously a biased fanboy and has some anti-____ agenda. 

There's no conspiracy. It's called opinions.

Anyway, I hope this game turns out good for you all's sakes. I won't be able to play it either way, so oh well. 

I think you misread Autosaver too!

He wasn't saying "stop saying you don't want a WiiU just for one game", he was saying of course you don't want a Wii U just for one game, but if you are considering getting a Wii U someday then wait til there are multiple games you'd like, which there hopefully will be!

It was a friendly suggestion that I think people have misread as insulting towards those who don't want a Wii U.

No one wants anyone to buy a system just for one game, that's not the best economic thought. Obviously it's up to you, but if ya really want to play it then keep your eyes peeled on the Wii U scene and maybe someday you might see some other games that catch your eye.

I'm pretty sure that's what he meant, no "conspiracy" thing. No need to assume the worst!

Edited by SuperLink
  • Thumbs Up 7

I think you misread Autosaver too!

He wasn't saying "stop saying you don't want a WiiU just for one game", he was saying of course you don't want a Wii U just for one game, but if you are considering getting a Wii U someday then wait til there are multiple games you'd like, which there hopefully will be!

It was a friendly suggestion that I think people have misread as insulting towards those who don't want a Wii U.

No one wants anyone to buy a system just for one game, that's not the best economic thought. Obviously it's up to you, but if ya really want to play it then keep your eyes peeled on the Wii U scene and maybe someday you might see some other games that catch your eye.

I'm pretty sure that's what he meant, no "conspiracy" thing. No need to assume the worst!

It's just an attitude I've become incredibly jaded with. It's fucking everywhere and it's annoying. So yeah, I assumed.

• Thumbs Up 3

I'm really on neither side for this. I can understand people's frustration with not being able to play the game and not wanting to buy such an expensive console for only one game, considering I've lost all interest in Mario platformers as of late and pretty much the only Nintendo franchises that hype me are Zelda, Mario Kart and Smash Bros, and maybe sometimes Kirby. Also, large difficulties with money handling can get in the way too.

But when it comes down to it, it's a deal with Nintendo, the company whose consoles their games sell the best on. I definitely wouldn't just jump out of that opportunity just because some fans are upset. Harsh, I know, but that's how shit rolls as a business. Suck it up.

So... yeah. Don't really know which side to take up on this matter. Overall, I'm not bothered by it, really.

Edited by Super Spindash